Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

No burn? Why do you hate us bungie!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

foxerv1 wrote: »
    For those that want to do these things:

Nightfall is sexy prime, no burn
    Weekly is Tanniks, special weapons favoured.

I won't be doing either of those then this week :D

Anybody for a few Raids ? I might finally get Vex :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I won't be doing either of those then this week :D

Anybody for a few Raids ? I might finally get Vex :)

Were i at home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So.... this weekend is gonna be it. This weekend I'm gonna get it done... who is going to help me on Friday or Saturday or Sunday night? Who will be my champions? Who will help me finally kill Skolas?

Looking for a couple of people who have done it before and know the ropes, as I am still unsure of how to run it. I will bring whatever class and whatever weapons are best suited, just want to get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So.... this weekend is gonna be it. This weekend I'm gonna get it done... who is going to help me on Friday or Saturday or Sunday night? Who will be my champions? Who will help me finally kill Skolas?

Looking for a couple of people who have done it before and know the ropes, as I am still unsure of how to run it. I will bring whatever class and whatever weapons are best suited, just want to get it done!

I hear ya boss. Need his shiny ass on my Triumphs wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ?

you're a lot better at pvp than you let on

I thought you were drunk no?
    I had a bit of a good run there, but I'd had like 4 loses before that.
    chunkydave wrote: »
    Finally got the Grimore for reaching 5,000 kills in Crucible with my Titan. Got him to IB rank 4 then changed to my hunter. Forgot how agile the hunter is with Bladedancer subclass. Got some nice hatemail over the weekend for using blink! Gives me the strength I need to survive :D

I never really get hatemail, twice ever I think. Don't see the point.
    I do get friend requests a lot though from my randomer-teammates.
    Sometimes I message the other team saying "GG" etc

We came up against the Dads of Destiny French team and they trounced us during IB, I was all like "GG" to the top lads, and they sent back all French nice words.

Guess I won't be doing any PvE this week.
    Might try Skolas on Friday.
    You should see if Bohrio will help Conovar, he's got a whole tactic thingy going on there

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Cormac... wrote: »
    I never really get hatemail, twice ever I think. Don't see the point.
    I do get friend requests a lot though from my randomer-teammates.
    Sometimes I message the other team saying "GG" etc

I think a lot of it is just hurt pride to be honest. Had a good run with the clan Saturday night, had a few 30+ kill games back to back. The messenger adept is a beast. Need to start hunting for the Hopscotch pilgrim. Was pasted by it a few times, the TTK seems really quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Had a great run this Iron Banner, however, it has thought me one thing - I'm going to be screwed when they nerf Thorn...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Had a great run this Iron Banner, however, it has thought me one thing - I'm going to be screwed when they nerf Thorn...

I'm halfway through the thorn bounty, and the first exotic i get out of the PoE chest? Ice Breaker.

ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had mostly used The Fulcrum and Hawkmoon this time around myself - trying to wean myself off Thorn.

Prob wont bother with PvE til the weekend so might tryout the VoC and The Messenger along with my new Ram helmet in PvP over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

need to do Skolas too at some point

need to do Skolas too at some point

Ok, so thats 3 confirmed to still do Skolas. I think we should form an orderly queue in the Tower bar, and he and one other kind soul can help/shepard/drag our sorry butts through.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

last time i tried we nearly made it and ran out of time :) reached skolas, and got it down half way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

last time i tried we nearly made it and ran out of time :) reached skolas, and got it down half way

I've only completed Skolas once but the one thing I did realise:
    You have to take your time, kill all of the adds before taking any shots at him.
    Whenever another wave comes out, ignore Skolas and kill the adds first.
    It takes way longer but it's the only realistic way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I ran with Monte Carlo. I did no worse or better than I normally do. But if your outside medium range and shoot second 90% of the time you'll lose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've only completed Skolas once but the one thing I did realise:
    You have to take your time, kill all of the adds before taking any shots at him.
    Whenever another wave comes out, ignore Skolas and kill the adds first.
    It takes way longer but it's the only realistic way to do it.

Yeah and don't attack him if one of you are down, you don't want mines spawning while there's only two people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Because i honestly don't know, are you Xb1 or PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I'm halfway through the thorn bounty, and the first exotic i get out of the PoE chest? Ice Breaker.

ah well.

Ice Breaker is class.

Ice Breaker is class.

ah no doubt, been having a bit of fun with it over the last day or so when I got a chance to hop on, it'll just be interesting to see how it ends up after the next set of balancing changes.

I would tried to buy the Suros Regime off xur on friday but couldnt because I was travelling. Have to try and get myself a better primary than what I have a the moment, the NL Shadow scout rifle is grand for PvE but pretty poor for multiplayer. I also have a Shadow Price and The conduit, but both are poor enough too.

As a matter of interest - whats the best way to go about getting a good primary?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As a matter of interest - whats the best way to go about getting a good primary?

PvE: Hard Vault of Glass and Hard Crotas End
    PvP: Get it from a PoE, Strike Playlist or Crucible drop and re-roll it

• Advertisement

ah no doubt, been having a bit of fun with it over the last day or so when I got a chance to hop on, it'll just be interesting to see how it ends up after the next set of balancing changes.

I would tried to buy the Suros Regime off xur on friday but couldnt because I was travelling. Have to try and get myself a better primary than what I have a the moment, the NL Shadow scout rifle is grand for PvE but pretty poor for multiplayer. I also have a Shadow Price and The conduit, but both are poor enough too.

I'm going to try get 6 together for a run at both VOG and Scrota tonight so your more than welcome to have a spot.

So, Kotaku are reporting that Bungie are erasing Dinklage from the game entirely. He will be replaced by Nathan Drake voice actor Nolan North. Replaced as in level 1 up to and including the new cap of level 40. This new cap will also do away with light levels apparantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So, Kotaku are reporting that Bungie are erasing Dinklage from the game entirely. He will be replaced by Nathan Drake voice actor Nolan North. Replaced as in level 1 up to and including the new cap of level 40. This new cap will also do away with light levels apparantly.

Confirmed. Straight from Bungie via Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/thetakenking.aspx

Gameinformer reporting/confirming that year one legendaries will NOT be ascendable in TTK. So, we will have to get used to all new weapons and armour for year 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Gameinformer reporting/confirming that year one legendaries will NOT be ascendable in TTK. So, we will have to get used to all new weapons and armour for year 2.

I don't like the sound of that :(

thebag89 wrote: »
    I don't like the sound of that :(

It's moving towards true MMO progression in a way. It also renders etheric light kinda pointless now. It also means Gjallahorn won't be the crutch that it is for end game anymore.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm going to try get 6 together for a run at both VOG and Scrota tonight so your more than welcome to have a spot.

Cool, family commitments don't give me unlimited game time but if can jump on, I will.

Cool, family commitments don't give me unlimited game time but if can jump on, I will.

If you have to go off for a bit just stay in the game and at least you can pick up the rewards that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What level are you? You can solo the first two parts of crota on hard fairly easily in maybe 15-20 minutes and they drop an arc and solar primary. I'll drop you an invite nex time I am running it on hard or normal if you like.

• Advertisement

What level are you? You can solo the first two parts of crota on hard fairly easily in maybe 15-20 minutes and they drop an arc and solar primary. I'll drop you an invite nex time I am running it on hard or normal if you like.

I've a 33 Hunter. I kinda stopped playing when the dark below expansion launched but I'm getting back into it again. Tbh, the break did me good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement