Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What level are you? You can solo the first two parts of crota on hard fairly easily in maybe 15-20 minutes and they drop an arc and solar primary. I'll drop you an invite nex time I am running it on hard or normal if you like.

can the bridge still be soloed? thought that was closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you have to go off for a bit just stay in the game and at least you can pick up the rewards that way.

Ah sound. I'll hopefully be on around 9 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I've a 33 Hunter. I kinda stopped playing when the dark below expansion launched but I'm getting back into it again. Tbh, the break did me good.

33 would be grand. I'll be on in an hourish if you are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Because i honestly don't know, are you Xb1 or PS4?

sorry, should have said - PS4.

Blazer wrote: »
    can the bridge still be soloed? thought that was closed?

Not unless it was closed very very recently? I did it the week before last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Gameinformer reporting/confirming that year one legendaries will NOT be ascendable in TTK. So, we will have to get used to all new weapons and armour for year 2.

Reddit must be goin mental. Facebook certainty is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I kind of feel like Gally hasn't been as epic as I remember lately.
    Like it's still beast in PVP but it doesn't seem to be as OP in end game anymore.
    Was there a sly nerf before the nerf?

I should start saving the TTK, due a good bit of back weeded pay next week after starting a new job though. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Reddit must be goin mental. Facebook certainty is.

I'd say so, and I'm sure Cormac is in the middle of it, doing his best to stir. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    due a good bit of back weeded pay next week after starting a new job though. :cool:

So, tell me more about back weeded pay. Is this some sort of gardening parlance, or is it more related to "that other weed"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'd say so, and I'm sure Cormac is in the middle of it, doing his best to stir. :)

Like a fly to sh!te or happy as pig in muck etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can't understand what the technical limitation is stopping them from increasing the Vault space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

sorry, should have said - PS4.

If you were xb1 i would 100% run that with you. Sorry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Not unless it was closed very very recently? I did it the week before last.

how so good fella? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I can't understand what the technical limitation is stopping them from increasing the Vault space.

Technical = DLC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

33 would be grand. I'll be on in an hourish if you are about.

Cheers for the guided run through of crotas end. It went a lot quicker than I though it would. What kind of times are ye getting through vault of glass now? I've only done it twice and both times were three to four hour affairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I actually was playing Batman thank you very much!

I also found the following the the top comments of the Reddit Megathread
    Some information from the Digital Edition of Game Informer for Taken King.

Opening Cinematic is narrated by our new Ghost (Nolan North)
    Cinematic shows the Awoken waging war against Oryx with both Prince Uldren and the Queen involved in the fight.
    Taken enemies wield brand new effects such as Taken Captains wearing solar shields and throwing out orbs of darkness that blind, Knights fling aoe scorch, Centurions shoot tracking rounds, Wizards summon thralls, Psions split into two, Vandals deploy defender like shields that allow them to shoot out and heal, Phalanxes shoot projectiles from the shield, and thralls teleport on the battlefield.
    New world objects exist that can be scanned by your Ghost and give useful information and lore, can even start a dialogue between your ghost and the Vanguard, things like statues, weird worms, etc.
    All items will offer perk customization including weapons, armor, class items, and even your ghost!
    Crucible has improved matchmaking and a new mercy rule that will end a match early when misbalanced.
    New system in place that allows you to sacrifice pieces of gear to empower others from the same slot, may be some kind of transmog system (very few details)
    New quest lines, Eris Morn gives a quest that leads to the rediscovery of a forgotten weapon type.
    New class quest lines, including quests for the new subclasses and added quest lines for the older sub classes that introduce you to them and give some back story.
    Gunsmith has his own reputation meter now, lets you test prototype weapons in the field, with higher rep you can order a weapon once a week that will be delivered on Wednesday with a random set of perks.
    Crucible and Vanguard Marks have been consolidated into "Legendary Marks".
    Class armor materials have been removed, consolidated into one source that is shared between all three classes.
    Can now pledge allegiance to a crucible faction, one at a time only. No longer requires wearing a class item. Can also turn in Motes, Weapon Parts, Armor Mats, synths, etc to gain reputation.
    New computer console near the outfitter that allows you to pick a shader you want, and also displays all the shaders you have yet to acquire and how to get them, same system is in place for emblems.
    Vault space is still an issue, Luke Smith is quoted saying "We are exploring options for getting stuff out of players inventories via these kiosks that we've played around the tower, but we're still working towards a solution that we're excited about."
    At least a dozen new exotic weapons, and at least a half dozen armor exotics per class.
    New Auto Rifle exotic shoots blasts of lightning, sniper rifle that blinds nearby enemies on a precision hit, or the new pulse rifle called "No Time To Explain" that fits the role of a high level strangers rifle that refuels bullets directly to the magazine on precision hits.
    New exotic called Sleeper Simulant, Fusion rifle that sits in the heavy slot and acts as a rail gun, over penetrates and bounces off walls, upgrades improve the bounce count.
    Many exotics are tied to quests, one example requires that you explore the dreadnaught and find hidden pieces throughout.
    Vanguard Mentor gives you your new subclass quest
    New Crucible Modes are Rift, Mayhem, and Zone Control which is just control with kills not counting towards the score.
    New dedicated quest line that introduces players to the Crucible and the respective NPCs like Shaxx.
    Simpler bounties have been made, with more difficult bounties being available and even fireteam based bounties for pvp. Trials now has bounties associated with it as well as new weekly bounties for the crucible which upon completion give access to a sixth weekly and challenging bounty that can reward a legendary or exotic.
    First act of the story is 8 "Lengthy" story missions, with the second act includes additional story missions, strikes, exploration, triggered public events, weapon quests that all lead to the introduction of the new raid called "King's Fall".
    Quests in act 2 revolve around the Taken War, includes quests line Unsealed Paradox which returns you to the Vault of Glass and reveals the fate of Praedyth.
    Presence of "raid-light" mechanics in strikes, Bungie is hesitant to make strikes too complicated due to griefing.
    This is everything I could find quickly going through the article in Game Informer.

AND THIS
    We were also told that Destiny’s loot system will now pay closer attention to the loot you have already received when determining an appropriate drop, so that players will more consistently receive armor and weapons that provide meaningful power growth, items that vary their gear slot from one drop to the next, and fewer drops of items that a player has already attained.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is multiplayer on this weighted towards the losing team?

Seems that every game I play follows the same pattern, one team takes a lead, losing team catch up and then it's fairly neck and neck until the end. Can't recall a game where one team dominated the other.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is multiplayer on this weighted towards the losing team?

Not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheers for the guided run through of crotas end. It went a lot quicker than I though it would. What kind of times are ye getting through vault of glass now? I've only done it twice and both times were three to four hour affairs!

About an hour for VOG allowing for a few wipes. We can do that during the week if you like. Its a shame you didn't get any armour tonight.

Blazer wrote: »
    how so good fella? :)

Bomberfd on the YouTube has some good short guides for all classes. If you are on Xbox I'd be more than happy to run through it with you some time tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Class armor materials have been removed, consolidated into one source that is shared between all three classes.

^^ermagawd!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So Bungie sent me an email earlier today asking me to rate my recent experience, gave it a 3 out of 5. Log on tonight and do Crota with some nice chaps and get Hawkmoon and Thunderlord in the one run! RNG my ass. :pac:

new mercy rule
    No mercy!
    Unless I am in a bad mood, I am quite ok to be on the wrong side of an unbalanced match. It makes each kill feel worth that much more :D
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    So Bungie sent me an email earlier today asking me to rate my recent experience, gave it a 3 out of 5. Log on tonight and do Crota with some nice chaps and get Hawkmoon and Thunderlord in the one run! RNG my ass. :pac:
    Where's my ****ing email! Damn you Bungie.

On the back of Cormac's post, I'm now throwing my money at the screen. It sounds tasty. Hopefully it plays tasty.

Andrew you sumbitch. I'm still waiting on an exotic drop from Crota, AND VoG, and you stroll up and get Hawkawesome and a heavy that should have AC/DC playing everytime you equip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I thought you were drunk no?
    I had a bit of a good run there, but I'd had like 4 loses before that.

Ah yeah I was. Probably won you a fair few medallions.:o Good fun though. IB played ok for me but a lot of guys I play with complained about connections all week.

Hmm TTK is looking more and more interesting with every announcement. I wonder what will be shown at Gamescom today :)

I might have to take a day or two off from work for the launch of this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The changes to the levelling system sound great. No more progression tied to your gear or griding for Etheric Light.

I had been toying with the idea of starting a Titan character but I think I will wait until TTK drops so that I can take advantage of any changes it will bring.

I am going to miss my VoC though. Has there been any mention of how current Exotics will be handled in TTK? I don't want my Ice-Breaker to be obsolete.

The changes to the levelling system sound great. No more progression tied to your gear or griding for Etheric Light.

I had been toying with the idea of starting a Titan character but I think I will wait until TTK drops so that I can take advantage of any changes it will bring.

I am going to miss my VoC though. Has there been any mention of how current Exotics will be handled in TTK? I don't want my Ice-Breaker to be obsolete.

But you'll have to level 3 subclasses then rather than 1. I think you'd be better rolling one now and getting that out of the way and start collecting his exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have the week TTK drops booked off work - though may cancel the Monday/Tuesday days off, it might not actually drop til late Tuesday, like HoW.

• Advertisement

For the below reasons I'd wait till TTK drops before starting a new character, it might be a much more rewarding experience to play trough.

I also read somewhere that all the Pre-TTK missions (like Vanilla) are being re-organised and stuff to make more sense story-line wise. Can't find the source though. So the mission order/sequence etc might change.
    New class quest lines, including quests for the new subclasses and added quest lines for the older sub classes that introduce you to them and give some back story.

New dedicated quest line that introduces players to the Crucible and the respective NPCs like Shaxx.

The Tower and its NPCs have been retooled to offer quests/story/insight into the world as you level up your character from 1-40 (!!!! Cryptarch, Gunsmith, etc questlines!!!!)

Entire base game/expansions retooled for narrative and access purposes to make much more sense (Example: after meeting the Queen for the first time, the Reef is open to you)

Subclasses, old and new, have their own questlines (?)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement