Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Tickets Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Only have a Titan at level 2, so will wait for TTK to level them up. The changes look good, and the new leveling system makes a lot more sense, than having to go back and forth level wise due to new armor.

Oh and no more Dinklebot!

wes wrote: »
    Only have a Titan at level 2, so will wait for TTK to level them up. The changes look good, and the new leveling system makes a lot more sense, than having to go back and forth level wise due to new armor.

I'd delete him and start again, Lvl1-2 only takes like 25 mins.

I reckon in like 7 years, people will be like "WTF is Peter Dinklidge doing in this Youtube video" kind of like how they are with that "Wizard Came from the Moon" line now :pac:

I was telling my missus about the changes yesterday, my god did she try to look interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Tickets Please!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNJX8rEbKWmt37ACMPNRfH5qTPoi_ySNzrAzaVUNzOY0BIXgoE
    wes wrote: »

I just hope Nolanbot doesn't end up the same way.
    I was telling my missus about the changes yesterday, my god did she try to look interested

Mine could have 2 sh!ts and a fcuk in her bag and I doubt she'd try to hand them out.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I was. Probably won you a fair few medallions.:o Good fun though

Nah man, we actually won more than we lost, until we came up against the dynamic duo who I would say were salavating when they saw they had a chance to give me a kicking. If nothing else, the shouting of "SHOTGUN BABY" kept me amused :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I like the way they are going with the changes. No more transferring engrams to get class materials for armour upgrades...Yay. Being able to 'order' weapons from the gunsmith looks interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Tickets Please!

Those trailers. I am excite.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you..... The Suros Arsenal Pack

Nah man, we actually won more than we lost, until we came up against the dynamic duo who I would say were salavating when they saw they had a chance to give me a kicking. If nothing else, the shouting of "SHOTGUN BABY" kept me amused :pac:

I wouldn't say salivating but we did straighten ourselves up a bit for those matches :)

When I saw the weekly activities..... I was like.... "Yeah... fcuk this, gonna go try finish GAME XYX instead", was thinking I might jump on if I need to help people do their "Moments of Triumph" stuff, maybe a dabble of PvP etc.

Then the hype train began.....

But now, the hype train kind of has a "Whats the point until TTK launches?"

Ethic Light? - Probably useless and invalid within a Day of TTK playtime
    Crucible Gun-Play? - What you're using now might be shocking in a months time, may aswell try different gun types/archetypes
    Crucible Meta? - Arguably still valid
    Grimore? - Will probably iron itself out and you'll get more easily once TTK launches (think of all those "Wanted Bounties" when HoW dropped)
    Skolas Weapons / Elder Cypher - Arguably Worth it, but will be considerably easier in a month
    Trials? - You either love it and have everything or hate it, I might give it a go this weekend now that my PvP is more solid. Rewards will be invalidated.

Basically nothing you do for the next 5 weeks will be massivaley beneficial for anytime thereafter, thing is I guess you could apply that to all End-game stuff in a way.

Not trying to take the wind out of anyones sails..... I'm just.... maybe gonna take a break and dip in for Skolas/Trials.

Then make a triumphant return the next IB in 3 weeks to begin the Hype Train in earnest

• Advertisement

I also read somewhere that all the Pre-TTK missions (like Vanilla) are being re-organised and stuff to make more sense story-line wise. Can't find the source though. So the mission order/sequence etc might change.

Found it:

http://planetdestiny.com/20-reasons-taken-king/
    All of the original mission have been reorganized, contextualized, and placed within a larger quest framework. Even older subclasses…have dedicated quest lins that explain their use and place with the world.”

The thing is...... can I live with myself if I don't get the Hopscotch Pilgrim? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I'd delete him and start again, Lvl1-2 only takes like 25 mins.

Yeah will probably do that. Will be interesting to see if there is much in the way of improvement or anything beyond the rerecorded lines.

It would be nice if they added new lines to the DLC that featured the Ghost.

On Reddit they mentioned you can see a slot where you can select your emotes on this video. It is there when they show the shader/emblem selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Feck.... that kinda makes me want to start over! Might create a second PS4 account and run through the story a fresh in the new model (rather than delete any of my current characters)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The thing is...... can I live with myself if I don't get the Hopscotch Pilgrim? :/

That's the reason I started doing those Dragon strikes, I'd like to get hold of that even if it might be redundant soon after TTK lands. As mentioned above, it has an MMO feel to it where you get much better gear with a new expansion and forget all about what you had. Still want to hold onto any decent weapons now just to remember getting them, and they still look cool.

Did someone mention that vault space won't be increased?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Did someone mention that vault space won't be increased?

There's no hard and fast line from Bungie yet on that.

Also, bare in mind, in standard Crucible it doesn't matter if you gun has 260 Attack or 500 attack, so guns like the HP might still be god-tier for standard Crucible

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You'll still be able to use old legendaries in normal crucible playlists anyway, even in IB the difference is miniscule to non-existent. Probably wouldn't get away with it in Trials though.

There's no hard and fast line from Bungie yet on that.

Also, bare in mind, in standard Crucible it doesn't matter if you gun has 260 Attack or 500 attack, so guns like the HP might still be god-tier for standard Crucible

You can store items in the vault of your second/third characters yeah?

Ok cool re: attack power.

Think I'll miss Dinklebot actually.

You can store items in the vault of your second/third characters yeah?

Ok cool re: attack power.

Think I'll miss Dinklebot actually.

The Vault is shared between your 3 characters. You can always create a 2nd/3rd character and use them as a pack-mule though :P Just dump 7 of each weapon etc onto them.

• Advertisement

I don't get why they don't simply have more than 1 vault - there are a few lockers in the tower yet they all access the same vault. Just split the fecking thing up! 1 for armour, 1 for weapons, 1 for mats. It surely can't be that hard, and bam - 3 times the vault space immediately.

I think the issue, as descibed before, was memory issues with loading the item information into memory for roll over views of the items. In this solution the number of items to be loaded doesn't change. Seems a very simple solution to an irritating problem.

nevelator wrote: »
    On Reddit they mentioned you can see a slot where you can select your emotes on this video. It is there when they show the shader/emblem selection.

Yes, but they also seem to have removed the Ghost slot. So, that's either moved elsewhere or removed completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    I wouldn't say salivating but we did straighten ourselves up a bit for those matches :)

Nothing Manacles with bloom were equipped but alas we failed to nab the two lads together, there were some other unfortunates though. It added that extra bit of excitement no doubt, it would be great to have the ability to create private games even without those games counting to your stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It shows early access on the vid so these should still be available in game anyways?

Anyone know if you pre-order do you get access to the originals straight away or have to wait until September launch of TTK. If if worked out that you got the downloads now then happy days and just go and trade the original. Not sure I want to pack it all in just yet and another IB to go.

dudeeile wrote: »
    It shows early access on the vid so these should still be available in game anyways?

Anyone know if you pre-order do you get access to the originals straight away or have to wait until September launch of TTK. If if worked out that you got the downloads now then happy days and just go and trade the original. Not sure I want to pack it all in just yet and another IB to go.

Early access means when TTK launches. If you don't preorder, you have to wait until January next to be able to acquire the items in the Pack.

Will be interesting to see how "end game" level armour makes itself something to aim for, if Light Level/Experience is not going to be involved. They are going to need some very worthwhile perks.

Decent Eurogamer link here pulling together a lot of the info on the expansion. Sounds like they've put a crap ton of new content into it. 8 new Crucible maps too. Starting to get excited about it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone else on PS4 have Destiny still show up on the menu with a pre-order link which says €89.99

Basically this is what I see under Destiny in the menu

JvDyEYS.jpg

I've tried resetting licences etc and nothing seems to fix it.

Decent Eurogamer link here pulling together a lot of the info on the expansion. Sounds like they've put a crap ton of new content into it. 8 new Crucible maps too. Starting to get excited about it now. :)

jpg Exotic Heavy Fusion. EXOTIC. HEAVY. FUSION. Portable Railcannon. With Ricochet rounds..... (Need we say more)

^^^ Results in ......
    ermahgerd_zps0f38d101.jpg

• Advertisement

And this link. It's a Destiny TTK portal kinda doohickey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement