Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

And this link. It's a Destiny TTK portal kinda doohickey.

Gotta love a good doohickey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Destiny offline tomorrow from 4pm- 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone seen the price for the Collectors Edition of TTK ?

I was thinking of picking it up on launch :)

I was also wondering if anyone knows if the three DLCs would be on the one code or separate codes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/52754/destiny-the-taken-king-collectors-edition-gamestop-exclusive

The collectors edition is €120, I have one preordered but I'm still not sure if I will pick it up as I'd be rebuying the base game and the first two expansions.(I'm not sure if the dlc will be separate codes or not)

wexdevil wrote: »
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/52754/destiny-the-taken-king-collectors-edition-gamestop-exclusive

The collectors edition is €120, I have one preordered but I'm still not sure if I will pick it up as I'd be rebuying the base game and the first two expansions.(I'm not sure if the dlc will be separate codes or not)

I spotted the GameStop one alright but I wouldn't buy from there, they are to expensive for most things.

If the codes were separate I'd sell my copy of Vanilla Destiny and the code for Crota and HOW and recoup some of the cost of the Collectors edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is it possible to pre-order TTK yet on PS4? I can only seem to find the more expensive bundled options, I just want TTK

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I spotted the GameStop one alright but I wouldn't buy from there, they are to expensive for most things.

If the codes were separate I'd sell my copy of Vanilla Destiny and the code for Crota and HOW and recoup some of the cost of the Collectors edition.

I think it's gamestop exclusive, most places I've seen online are sold out, I was thinking I'd just give my extra copy/dlc's away

:(

Don't think its possible to preorder just TTK on ps4/xbox one yet.

wexdevil wrote: »
    I think it's gamestop exclusive, most places I've seen online are sold out, I was thinking I'd just give my extra copy/dlc's away

:(

Don't think its possible to preorder just TTK on ps4/xbox one yet.

I just had a quick look on Game.co.UK and they seem to have it.

Will need to look into it a little more. And try find out if they are separate DLC codes. If they are I'll defoently buy the Collectors Edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is it possible to pre-order TTK yet on PS4? I can only seem to find the more expensive bundled options, I just want TTK

I was able to pre-order it on PS4 back in June, but I only see the Digital Collector's edition there now.

GGapJ6l.jpg

EMTBhGI.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just had a quick look on Game.co.UK and they seem to have it.

Will need to look into it a little more. And try find out if they are separate DLC codes. If they are I'll defoently buy the Collectors Edition.

Surely you'll end up out of pocket if you go that route, better off just buying the expansion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The standalone expansion is $40 / €40

The Digital Collectors edition expansion is $80 / €80
    - This includes some emotes and class specific items as well as Vanilla and DLC 1 and DLC 2

The Physical Collectors edition is $120 / €120
    - It has all of the above and some physical stuff like the Strange coin

The "Extra Collectors Edition" stuff only version they proposed will be $20 / €20
    - This will contain the emotes and class specific items that are in both collectors edition.

Seems like you can get everything except the physical stuff (strange coin etc) for €60.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Surely you'll end up out of pocket if you go that route, better off just buying the expansion?

I would alright but I like the look of all the little bits a pieces that come with the Collectors edition. I'll see how things go but I'd like the CE but will probably end up with just the expansion.

Cormac... wrote: »
    The standalone expansion is $40 / €40

The Digital Collectors edition expansion is $80 / €80
    - This includes some emotes and class specific items as well as Vanilla and DLC 1 and DLC 2

The Physical Collectors edition is $120 / €120
    - It has all of the above and some physical stuff like the Strange coin

The "Extra Collectors Edition" stuff only version they proposed will be $20 / €20
    - This will contain the emotes and class specific items that are in both collectors edition.

Seems like you can get everything except the physical stuff (strange coin etc) for €60.

Can't get the digital TTK on its own at the moment though, can only order as part of one of the bigger packs.

Can't get the digital TTK on its own at the moment though, can only order as part of one of the bigger packs.

I'm sure it'll show up in time

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that only on the PS store? Just checked on my phone and it's there for €39.99 on the Xbox one.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that only on the PS store? Just checked on my phone and it's there for €39.99 on the Xbox one.

must be the case, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I've just checked the PS Store, I am able to preorder TTK stand alone on PS4. It's not available for PS3 yet. The Digital CE is available for both.

I've just checked the PS Store, I am able to preorder TTK stand alone on PS4. It's not available for PS3 yet. The Digital CE is available for both.

are you in the UK/Ireland?

This is what I see:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/41611/357621.jpg

are you in the UK/Ireland?

This is what I see:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/41611/357621.jpg

Yeah, the wee county.

Weird - I can't see it available on the computer - but searching the store via the phone it shows up. Pre-ordered now. Simme my suros stuff! (i know I won't get it til launch>..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I heard talk of Destiny hiring a PC compatibility developer

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-developer-hiring-pc-compatibility-tester/1100-6429499/

Was bound to happen really

Destiny The Taken King Live on Gamescom in 5 mins

http://ie.ign.com/events/gamescom

I only caught bits and bobs of that, but I think they said that there's a consumable, in the tower, that allows you to boost a new character (Year 1 veteran account or brand newbie account) up to the minimum required level for the new raid?

I only caught bits and bobs of that, but I think they said that there's a consumable, in the tower, that allows you to boost a new character (Year 1 veteran account or brand newbie account) up to the minimum required level for the new raid?

Yeah that was revealed yesterday somewhere, I thought it was minimum required for the new story missions though.

Yea, it is a boost to new story mission level.

FWIW The enemies in the 1st TTK mission were level 25, so I imagine the consumable will jump you 1 -> 25

Stupid stream wouldn't load for me :(

Yea, it is a boost to new story mission level.
    FWIW The enemies in the 1st TTK mission were level 25, so I imagine the consumable will jump you 1 -> 25

Ah ok, that makes more sense. I'll get back down off this high(ish) horse so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Stupid stream wouldn't load for me :(

You didn't miss much, I stopped listening to them and was just watching the CTF and mayhem.

• Advertisement

Have they mentioned anything about custom/private lobbies for PvP at all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement