Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My Fulcrum has Luck in the Chamber and Final Round - the middle tear is a choice of increased range, increased reload or higher calibre rounds. Happy enough with that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Great, another gun to re-roll, bloody weapon parts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is the last word worth buying? I badly need a good gun for PvP.

Yes buy it. Also make sure you do one reef bounty a week as you will be guaranteed a key, then run poe 28 (its matchmade) for a definite purple and possible yellow - if you haven't run it yet almost guaranteed exotic. Won't take long to get a decent gun a they can be rerolled to your preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah. A few of my friends tried and got it. It's very good. I rolled it maybe 15 times and think I got Final Round and Luck in the Chamber but a poorish middle column. It was a close enough roll for me so I kept it.
    I think the middle column roll we were looking for reduced the mag size from 8 to 7.

Ya braced frame reduces the mag to 6 if memory serves me correctly. I love killing guys in Crucible with random guns. My latest escapade was using Vestian Dynasty, so much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

chunkydave wrote: »
    Ya braced frame reduces the mag to 6 if memory serves me correctly. I love killing guys in Crucible with random guns. My latest escapade was using Vestian Dynasty, so much fun!

Yup. Reduces mag size, but gives a HUGE boost to Stability. Totally worth it if you have Luck in the Chamber and Final Round as the extra damage bullets will proc more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Is the last word worth buying? I badly need a good gun for PvP.

Do the Nightfall first. Then buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Do the Nightfall first. Then buy it.

Ok, will give it a go tonight so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just bought TLW there. Already have Thorn and Hawkmoon. Gonna take some getting used to after using those for so long.

Feels completely different from most HC's and seems to require far more skill to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My tactic for TLW: Hold the trigger down and run at people!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If you could akimbo it I'd use nothing else. It's currently beyond my particular skill set.

Actually I forgot it was full auto - does this work well in PvP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you could akimbo it I'd use nothing else. It's currently beyond my particular skill set.

Actually I forgot it was full auto - does this work well in PvP?

It's great in PvP. I used it almost exclusively for one week of IB and did well. It doesn't quite have the range of Thorn I think but its more fun to use and lethal at close quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really should try it in PvP before the nerf. I've used it but with absolutely no success and just gave up more or less immediately. I'm not renowned for patience.

Really should try it in PvP before the nerf. I've used it but with absolutely no success and just gave up more or less immediately. I'm not renowned for patience.

It is not a gun to be used with drrrrrriiiiinnnnnkkkkkkk taken

I'm pretty sure that's what turned me off it. One bad game in PvP and boom, into the vault with you.

In fact it's the kind of gun that could make a sober man look drunk :pac:

Full thingymabob here:

Start at 5 mins, ends at 45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, light level 34 becomes normal level 34.

^ Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Cormac... wrote: »
    ^ Source?

it was in that 18 min IGN video, their doing away with Light as leveling means and its moving to XP to get to level 40.

Cormac... wrote: »
    ^ Source?

One of the lads in vid said it. I think around the 35 min (35:22) mark. Now, that could have just been his character that they migrated into their version for the day, it may not be a true 1 to 1 conversion in release, but he said it in such a way that it didn't seem like it was a special conversion for GI's visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yay, Bones of Eao for sale. Hunter soloing CE now 33% easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there much point in buy gear from xur between now and the taken king. Will exotics be of any use when it drops or will all new gear be better?

• Advertisement

In general the new exotic gear should be better. While we have been told that the legendary gear will not be able to be upgraded to the new attack and defence caps, we don't yet know what will be happening with exotics.
    Considering the weapon rebalancing that is coming with The Taken King, that is directly targeting some, if not all exotics, Year 1 exotics are bound be allowed to be upgraded in some fashion, whether keeping Ascension just for them, or bring back the Xur upgrades, or some new method.

You think people got pissy from the announced damage reduction for Gally, just think how pissy they would have been if they were told that Gally would be be a akin to a spud-gun against Oryx.
    They will probably **** the bed if Gally goes bye-bye come Destiny 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I think Xur will sell the Yelling Horn again after TTK drops, but with new exotics on the way, it might not be the holy grail it is now.
    Looking like the Sleeper Simulant could be the new best toy imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sepiks has had enough of our sh!t and he's not taking it anymore.

Sepiks has had enough of our sh!t and he's not taking it anymore.

He was a right bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

He was a right bastard.

Yep, still salty after the other night!

William

Sepiks is uping his game it seems.
    Spotted on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just got Truth and the Backscratcher 9.0 & Wolve's Bane machine guns from PoE 28

Not bad for half an hours play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Sepiks is uping his game it seems.
    Spotted on reddit.

Well that's what you get for leaving the safety of the spot under the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone up for running Trials this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some early morning Dragon strikes paid off! Delighted.

vnsLgpg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement