Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Great Andrew

What roll are you thinking off?

I have third eye, small bore and headseaker

Small bore brings down the mag size but only to 24 bullets so it is still pretty usable. If you can get something like hand laid that would be perfect! I was looking for third eye and headseaker so when I saw small bore I went for it as I didnt want to keep re rolling it!

It is a great weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Skolas is ruining my weekend. about 3 hours last night and couldn't get it done - can't get a group going today. Running out of time for this Year 1 stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Skolas is ruining my weekend. about 3 hours last night and couldn't get it done - can't get a group going today. Running out of time for this Year 1 stuff!

Still haven't even attempted it yet. Hoping to get it done this Wednesday or Thursday.

Still haven't even attempted it yet. Hoping to get it done this Wednesday or Thursday.

if I don't get it done in the next 3 hours, Wednesday or Thursday night will probably be the next time I can devote hours to it. then Saturday and Sunday night next weekend... running out of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have to do it was well, will try now next weekend. Could try to night if anyone is interested.

It's the only thing I've yet to do.

Does anyone how it works between multiple characters if you do skolas on one and have the chest ect on another.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Varik wrote: »
    Have to do it was well, will try now next weekend. Could try to night if anyone is interested.

It's the only thing I've yet to do.

Does anyone how it works between multiple characters if you do skolas on one and have the chest ect on another.

Same as raids and that, each character has a shot at the prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Same as raids and that, each character has a shot at the prizes.

I don't mean the regular weekly chance at stuff I mean for the year 1 reward.

I have the golden chest all done on 1 character for example and not the others do I need to finish skolas on that character of can I use another as I'd rather not have to do it with my hunter.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have the golden chest all done on 1 character for example and not the others do I need to finish skolas on that character of can I use another as I'd rather not have to do it with my hunter.

No idea, I thought the triumphs thing was based on whatsoever you done overall rather than with one character though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No idea, I thought the triumphs thing was based on whatsoever you done overall rather than with one character though.

Don't think it matters as the triumph thing is tied to your account not individual characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Its tied to your account and not your character, you can view your progress on the Bungie website.

I tackled Skolas for the first (and last) time Friday, took over three hours in total to complete, complete nightmare. I was really ready to quit, and hand team leader status over to one of the other two and we just got it done then. I never want to do it again, not unless I'm level 40 or something.

My advice...

Bring an arc shotgun. 99% of the time you will die to the adds and not Skolas. Shotgun is needed for those captains.

Use your rocket launcher on the adds, primary for Skolas.

I used Mida multitool for the agility boost during the mine section, worked pretty good for me.

We had three defender Titans, so always had a bubble up. I think two Titans and a Warlock would be the best mix though.

Definitely do your research before heading in. Watch some youtube videos so you understand the mechanics.

Bring snacks, nothing worse than being pissed off and hungry, you might be there a while.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement

I tackled Skolas for the first (and last) time Friday, took over three hours in total to complete, complete nightmare. I was really ready to quit, and hand team leader status over to one of the other two and we just got it done then. I never want to do it again, not unless I'm level 40 or something.

:eek:

Well if you would have replied to my messages we could have done it together :cool:.

How dare you ignore me on LFG

BTW, I did 3 skolas in 3 hours on Wednesday (i think it was on wednesday)... there you go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Bohrio wrote: »
    :eek:

Well if you would have replied to my messages we could have done it together :cool:.

How dare you ignore me on LFG

BTW, I did 3 skolas in 3 hours on Wednesday (i think it was on wednesday)... there you go!!!

Sorry dude :cool:

Thats was my first time doing it though, so I had to figure out a few of those things as I went. If I was doing it again Im sure it would be faster. (I won't be doing it again)

Sorry dude :cool:

Thats was my first time doing it though, so I had to figure out a few of those things as I went. If I was doing it again Im sure it would be faster. (I won't be doing it again)

I wouldnt worry much man. I took me ages to do it my first go as well.

In all fairness it is really not that hard once you get the hang of it.

And there is a chance of a primary with elemental damage as well (only reason why I am still doing it)

I don't know how many times I've held the relic, but this really has to be the worst.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bohrio wrote: »
    Great Andrew

What roll are you thinking off?

I have third eye, small bore and headseaker

Small bore brings down the mag size but only to 24 bullets so it is still pretty usable. If you can get something like hand laid that would be perfect! I was looking for third eye and headseaker so when I saw small bore I went for it as I didnt want to keep re rolling it!

It is a great weapon

Not sure how many rolls I've done on it but got Braced Frame and Hidden Hand. Might stick with that, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've got the same as Bohrio, it shoots like a laser. There is a video on youtube breaking down the best roll for it, guy claims headseeker isn't that great. Worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I can try and give you a hand tomorrow if you like, haven't done it this week yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone on for a run at Trials tonight before reset?

I'll be on from half seven

I can try and give you a hand tomorrow if you like, haven't done it this week yet.

Cheers for the offer but I don't think I'll be on long enoguh to attempt Skolas again til Wednesday. If I get any time at all tonight/tomorrow it will only be an hour, two at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I don't know how many times I've held the relic, but this really has to be the worst.

Haha that was Saturday night? I remember seeing that! There was a few classic moments but I think I started the bad luck trend during the confluxes by saying "lets try for Flawless" and immediatly fell off the map :D

• Advertisement

Haha that was Saturday night? I remember seeing that! There was a few classic moments but I think I started the bad luck trend during the confluxes by saying "lets try for Flawless" and immediatly fell off the map :D

:D It was actually last Thursday. Only got around to posting it last night. I was trying to unload the Super, as in all the runs I've done, I've never seen anyone use it during Time's Vengeance. Thought "Right, I'll give it a go". Nope, straight off the platform like a bloody gobs$hite. Wont be trying that again.

Also, used the Sword on Crota for the first time last week too. Only held it the once, and completely failed the jump for the second rotation. Must make more practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Also, used the Sword on Crota for the first time last week too. Only held it the once, and completely failed the jump for the second rotation. Must make more practice.

I'll be online for a while Tues, Weds and Thurs so if you need practice running the sword I can get the Gally out. I'm sure we'll get a fireteam together.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Might be useful for some that don't need this at launch ...

"Pre-order the next Destiny expansion and not only are you getting The Taken King but you're also getting the main game, and all the previous expansions with it for £34.85 at Simply Games."

Might be PS4 only but heres the link anyways ...

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/destiny-the-taken-king-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PSN maintainence next Monday night/ Tuesday morning at 5.30am - 7am. Finally decided to put it on at a time that doesn't f up Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Might be useful for some that don't need this at launch ...

"Pre-order the next Destiny expansion and not only are you getting The Taken King but you're also getting the main game, and all the previous expansions with it for £34.85 at Simply Games."

Might be PS4 only but heres the link anyways ...

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/destiny-the-taken-king-ps4

Would the codes only work on UK accounts I wonder?

As much as a bargain that is, if the DLC is locked it can be a bit of a pain if you have no UK account...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    Would the codes only work on UK accounts I wonder?

As much as a bargain that is, if the DLC is locked it can be a bit of a pain if you have no UK account...

UK game pack in codes will work here, its just the pre paid code like you can pick up in GameStop that are locked by country afaik.

looking to run Skolas from 9 tonight - anyone want to help. 1 spot - osprey-irl and me currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

looking to run Skolas from 9 tonight - anyone want to help. 1 spot - osprey-irl and me currently.

I was writing up a reply as Chunky beat me to it. Last thing on my triumph list too. I've only ran him once before, would need guidance on timing etc for passing taint etc... Willing to put in the hours to get him done. Let me know if it doesn't work out and you want to run again sometime. If it does workout, I assume you'll never approach him again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    I was writing up a reply as Chunky beat me to it. Last thing on my triumph list too. I've only ran him once before, would need guidance on timing etc for passing taint etc... Willing to put in the hours to get him done. Let me know if it doesn't work out and you want to run again sometime. If it does workout, I assume you'll never approach him again! :)

So far it's looking like I'll have some free time over the weekend so closer to the time I don't mind scheduling in the dropping of skolas. I ain't no pro but been part of a team that managed it twice. The carry was strong in the second run with Salty, that Warlock revive saved our arse more than once. Like SouthTippBass said, 2 defenders and Warlock would be good but I also believe 2 sunsingers and a titan might also be handy especially with the taint involved. It was always the second round of mines that caused the most problems but once ya get a rhythm going you're all set.

Two people with completions behind them would be awesome and ease the suffering. I also recommend some snacks on standby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PSN maintainence next Monday night/ Tuesday morning at 5.30am - 7am. Finally decided to put it on at a time that doesn't f up Europe.

Ridiculous, what am I going to do now before I go into work?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement