Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    I was writing up a reply as Chunky beat me to it. Last thing on my triumph list too. I've only ran him once before, would need guidance on timing etc for passing taint etc... Willing to put in the hours to get him done. Let me know if it doesn't work out and you want to run again sometime. If it does workout, I assume you'll never approach him again! :)

The easiest way imo is two Defenders with the perk that makes their bubbles make orbs and a Sunsinger.
    You can stick together with contant shields - we stay on the ledge on the back right . Sunsinger runs off to dismantle mines. This guy needs to be pretty good the two defenders can be just so-so like me. :rolleyes: It's regularly run from start to finish in under an hour once you get used to it - I haven't done it much maybe 3-4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Myself Cable and Stone jumped into a game of Salvage last night. To say it was one sided is an understatement.

We came up against a team of three Demender Titans. And proceeded to loose the game by 9000 points. The way they controlled every point was unbelievable. They smothered each capture with 3 bubbles and you couldn't get near them. Then heavy spawned in and not once did they fire two rockets at the same target.

They were defiantly the best team I've ever come across in Destiny.

Now who on Xbox wants to get a few defenders together and try this in control :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Doing it with titan then this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Myself Cable and Stone jumped into a game of Salvage last night. To say it was one sided is an understatement.

We came up against a team of three Demender Titans. And proceeded to loose the game by 9000 points. The way they controlled every point was unbelievable. They smothered each capture with 3 bubbles and you couldn't get near them. Then heavy spawned in and not once did they fire two rockets at the same target.

Now who on Xbox wants to get a few defenders together and try this in control :D

yup, the phrase "beaten like a rented donkey" sprang to mind alright!

I'll get better with a bit of practice*, I'm still feeling my way around in PvP since I got the last word

*actual improvement may be intangible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've never played Salvage before. Must try to get on and get the achievement for that. I collected all the gold chests, and then all the dead ghosts on the weekend. Still waiting for that achievement to pop. Then it's just Flawless Raider. It still hurts when I think about that run when we got to the very end and I screwed up the second sword. Might attempt it this week/weekend. It should be a little easier now nearly everyone is level 34.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've never played Salvage before. Must try to get on and get the achievement for that. I collected all the gold chests, and then all the dead ghosts on the weekend. Still waiting for that achievement to pop. Then it's just Flawless Raider. It still hurts when I think about that run when we got to the very end and I screwed up the second sword. Might attempt it this week/weekend. It should be a little easier now nearly everyone is level 34.

When you're in game go to logout and change profile (not character), then pick your own profile again, that always forced any achievements to pop for me.

Came very close to the lighthouse with Ger and Merry last night, two cards in a row we fell at the final hurdle. So infuriating.

I just need Salvage and Flawless Raider. I haven't tried Flawless since I died jumping into to Gorgans Maze months ago. What made it worse was no one died for the rest of the Raid either :(

Archon Priest
    Solar
    Arc
    Small Arms

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Another failure at Skolas last night - this time with Cuchulainn and ChunkyDave... Got through the first 5 rounds without bother, one wipe on the Cabal mines, everything else was fairly quick and first time.

Skolas though... got to the first set of mines a few times - and got them done once, but we couldn't get back and set after them.

Will be hitting LFG from about 4pm tomorrow til about 9 in the hopes of finally getting it done.

Skolas part looks difficult from the modfiers this week though - Catapult (yay... grenadess....) and Angry. So no extra weapon damage vs the enemy, though no one shot melee kills I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just need Salvage and Flawless Raider. I haven't tried Flawless since I died jumping into to Gorgans Maze months ago. What made it worse was no one died for the rest of the Raid either :(

I think Crota is far easier to solo to be honest - I did it in a group with Generic and a few others and we got it first time.

Slow and steady wins the race, as it were. Didn't try to rush through any part of it - apart from killing yer one in the crystal room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Crota is an easy flawless.

I'll give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

You only need to get the gold chests with one character right?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just checked my trophies and I have the flawless raid and strike with a full fireteam (thought I would have completed this - but I think someone posted on the PSN chat that it has to be selected from map - so that might explain it) to complete.
    I also have Skolas to complete for my shiny emblem. So if anyone wants to join up for any of these - let me know.

I spent the last few days doing Dragon strikes looking for the Hopscotch. Very frustrating, when the Cabal strike comes up with mcrockets most people leave or go AFK. I find that it can take ages to get another person - let alone 2 more to join in. If you jump to orbit you invariably end up getting the same handful of strikes again and again. The bright side is that I have stocked up on weapon parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I think Crota is far easier to solo to be honest - I did it in a group with Generic and a few others and we got it first time.

3rd Time TBH, We had One wipe in the Abyss I think and...... it's worth noting that on our 2nd run, I suicided using an AoE grenade in the Thrallway while under absolutely no pressure :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I need to do both Flawless Raid and Strike (with Clan 1). Will be online today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone up for doing the nightfall on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

3rd Time TBH, We had One wipe in the Abyss I think and...... it's worth noting that on our 2nd run, I suicided using an AoE grenade in the Thrallway while under absolutely no pressure

yeah - that was a good one ;)

We did one on Sunday I think ? one wipe in the abyss, one disconnection - then we got it on the first time.

Went pretty smoothly - I was running the sword - nearly had an heart attack when running out for the second sword and finding the sword bearer in the left doorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You should be able to get flawless on a POE, i know i got my team raider yoke on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You should be able to get flawless on a POE, i know i got my team raider yoke on it.

Does PoE count towards flawless raider? Interesting. Maybe a PoE 28 run is in order so. Or is that too much cheese?

Does PoE count towards flawless raider? Interesting. Maybe a PoE 28 run is in order so. Or is that too much cheese?

No way it counts does it? I mean, it's not a raid

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    No way it counts does it? I mean, it's not a raid

That's what I thought. Though bishop is not the first person I've seen mention PoE counting towards it. Some research is in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Think its 32 or above. I havent got flawless from poe but i definitely got clan raider from it. Not that crota normal is hard with 3 but its a different avenue for people i guess.

After a few mins searching, I can confirm that completing PoE with a clan Fireteam counts towards the Raid Party trophy. Looking like the Flawless trophy from PoE is a rumour. No concrete evidence to prove otherwise so far.

So much this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I need to do both Flawless Raid and Strike (with Clan 1). Will be online today and tomorrow.

Up for flawless tonight, will do sword if no one else wants to do it. I need people from Bravo Team 2 for strike trophy. Never played Salvage so haven't a clue what relic captures are.

I see a lot of Salvage bashing, it's a great game mode but you need to be pretty serious with your tactics and call outs and using supers etc.

When capping a Relic, you get 100 points for each player
    When the relic is defended 45 seconds later, you each get 200 points (so 600 total)
    When dismantling a relic the other team is capping, you get 150 points each, thats 450 overall.

So there can be massive swings in points. Let's say you go into the 2nd relic and each team has 1,500points

If you successfully capture and defend the relic you will be up to ~2,400 points (not including kills etc)
    If you capture it and lose it you will be around ~1,800 and the other team will be ~1,950

My biggest tip is, when you're on the back foot of the relic spawns away from you in favour of the other team, or you have a super.
    LET THEM CAPTURE IT and then just dismantle it for a quick 450 points (I realise people going for the Trophy wont like this suggestion, but you need to play the Meta)

Also, you need a team of 3.
    If you're flying in and you see you another team of 3, with Flawless Trials emblems and Grimore Scores of 3,600+, try Capture the 1st relic and if you fail, just leave.
    That too will not be a popular suggestion, but they will stomp you.

Salvage is almost exclusively played by players hunting the last few Grimore Points, so these are guys who have 100 wins in Control, Clash, Skirmish and possibly Rumble. So they will be pretty decent PvP players with ~700+ Games of PvP played at least.

Also, don't waste your supers by double/triple casting, call out before hand. And make sure you use your 1st super to Deny their Heavy, this is usually the game winner.

You'll notice Salvage games are rarely close, they end 10K - 4K or so mostly, this is due to single players leaving once the 2nd relic is secured.

If you go in on your own, even if you're not getting totally stomped be prepared to see you blue team mates leave once the points start racking up for the other team.

Also, if you die attacking a Relic and then see a team mate Die, don't just bloody rush in again, wait till your team mates spawns in and try reconvene as a 3 piece.

The amount of times players will constantly go 1v3 during the 45 second capture window is laughable honestly.
    I've been on the team defending and you're just 3-way-teamshotting the enemies with plenty of time to reload and sit around charging your super in between. It'll mean another ~600 points for the enemy charging them individually like this.

You need to communicate and be strategic.
    It's the closest thing to Trials/Elimination in the game due to high risk in how the points can swing drastically.
    Drunken Iron banner this is not

EDIT: If you google it there's a lot go guides/tips/strategy suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

^^^ I couldn't be arsed dealing with all that to be honest.

Well no Trophy for you so :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can ignore all that and get the trophy handy enough tbh, it's just Demolition from CoD without the explosion for the most part. Get two friends and kill the enemy team more than they kill you while going for the objective and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can ignore all that and get the trophy handy enough tbh, it's just Demolition from CoD without the explosion for the most part. Get two friends and kill the enemy team more than they kill you while going for the objective and you'll be grand.

Well yes and no really. I mean you ignore whole big sections of the Salvage Meta and try go win as many gunfights as possible and come out the other end with 20 captures and a new found hatred of Crucible.

But inbetween those bouts where you are capping 2 relics per game you're going to have 3 or 4 games where you get absolutely stomped by a dedicated team who are wise to playing the objective.

At least that's how it goes on PS4. About 80%+ of games are Versus a team of 3, and the vast majority of those games will be against players hunting their last few Salvage wins for Grimore (and have scores of 3,630+)

It's the same as saying you can go with Suros and Praedthys and still win a game of Trials. Yeah it will happen. But it won't be easy and you'll spend a lot of matches bent over a barrell or rage quitting.

Salvage is a totally different animal now to what it was a at launch, it's where most of the MLG-Try-Hards are

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement