Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ammo drops as you kill enemies. They can drop white, green or purple. If you use up all your ammo all three weapons will respawn ammo after about 20 seconds although not on some mission types. You rarely run out of all ammo. Most of us now have stacks of it on all our characters at this stage.

I wouldn't hold onto engrams just cash them as you get them. You can get high level armour from Raids and Prison of Elders (House of Wolves content). As you are building the character up strikes are probably your best bet for legendary gear. Do the Nighfalls/Weeklys each week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Kiith wrote: »
    Played it for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it. Did the Moon Strike mission, and it was great fun. Boss took bloody ages to kill with two of us though. Got a pretty sweet chest upgrade though, which was a massive improvement on what i had and looks awesome :) Will do it again later, as i want to get the bounty were you don't die on a Strike.

What the story with ammo? I know i can get some from killing enemies, but occasionally i seem to just get more ammo from nothing.

And should i keep engrams, or are they set to a specific level (i.e the level i was when i picked them up)?

Engrams level up with you, so worth hoarding if you don't need anything new. You get ammo (and engrams if you're lucky) from killing enemies, or from other people killing enemies nearby.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rarely run out of ammo, just happened a few times on the boss of that Strike mission as it took so long, and there weren't many spawns for me to kill (after the initial few). Noticed it refilling automatically at times, so just wasn't sure. Good to know though.
    You may as well cash the engrams; the game has already decided what they are when you pick them up.
    Kash wrote: »
    Engrams level up with you, so worth hoarding if you don't need anything new. You get ammo (and engrams if you're lucky) from killing enemies, or from other people killing enemies nearby.

Now i'm confused :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ghorn for sale guys!!

get it while you can :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Xur is selling Gjallarhorn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Everybody is going to loose their **** on Reddit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everybody is going to loose their **** on Reddit :D

Im loosing it now. First Gjally for me.

And second.

And third.

I could keep going

I got two after a long long struggle but I'm glad this is finally happening. Just weeks before they launch GH Mk II that won't drop near as much probably :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got two after a long long struggle but I'm glad this is finally happening. Just weeks before they launch GH Mk II that won't drop near as much probably :rolleyes:

To me it was pretty obvious it was gonna happen. I just though it would happen the week of the nerf not now!

Glad it did, this was the only way to get rid off the "must have gally" requests...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Xur selling gally, down by the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Gallies for all!!! A lot of people were guessing it was going to happen before TTK arrived. Now I firmly believe there is no randomness to Xur's stock. Bungie select what he sells every week and just troll us by saying it's up to RNG.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm also thinking we are going to see Skolas with Solar burn in the next couple of weeks - with Bungie pushing the last few incapable guardians (cough) over the line before the triumph deadline with Gallys and solar burn.

Gallies for all!!! A lot of people were guessing it was going to happen before TTK arrived. Now I firmly believe there is no randomness to Xur's stock. Bungie select what he sells every week and just troll us by saying it's up to RNG.

The randomn RNG myth was debunked ages ago. Sure wasn't a guy on Reddit accurately predicting the drops for weeks? They really trolled with the ghally though. I went through all the emotions. By the time it dropped I really didn't care....... kinda

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm also thinking we are going to see Skolas with Solar burn in the next couple of weeks - with Bungie pushing the last few incapable guardians (cough) over the line before the triumph deadline with Gallys and solar burn.

It's much easier now than it was with burns, just takes longer.

......... so what else is Xur sellin? :D

......... so what else is Xur sellin? :D

Skullfort, Symbiote & Light Beyond Nemesis. Gauntlet Engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Skullfort, Symbiote & Light Beyond Nemesis. Gauntlet Engram.

Is the Titan or Warlock helmet worth a punt?

I have the hunter one

Dunno about the titan one but the warlock one is good, particularly if you don't have a crota raid helmet that heals you when you pick up an orb (the extra orbs it spawns are well handy too). The fast revive it gives is also good for Trials of Osiris.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hes selling ghally while I'm away :I

Good thing ive 3 :Pac:

Feck Bungie selling it this week with weather like that out there, might move the TV out the back for the day.... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fieldog wrote: »

I have the hunter one

Hunter one is fantastic, check if the one for sale has a much better roll though.

The Warlock one is worth buying but it's uses are situational

I've never used the Titan one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I have the hunter one

Titan one has the maximum roll on it, but its an ok helm. Handy for hard mode crota as it gives health when you pick up an orb

Lock helm has a near perfect roll also (as does the hunter one) and is very good for trials with the fast revive and more orbs perks.

The randomn RNG myth was debunked ages ago. Sure wasn't a guy on Reddit accurately predicting the drops for weeks? They really trolled with the ghally though. I went through all the emotions. By the time it dropped I really didn't care....... kinda

Yeah, Megaman.exe or something he was called. I always had a feeling he was a Bungie employee, drip feeding tidbits of information to the hungry Destiny masses.

I've never believed that Xur was run by RNG. The weeks when he didn't have heavy ammo were a dead giveaway. I thought Bungie were still insisting that he was random?

Titan one has the maximum roll on it, but its an ok helm. Handy for hard mode crota as it gives health when you pick up an orb

Lock helm has a near perfect roll also (as does the hunter one) and is very good for trials with the fast revive and more orbs perks.

So that's me probably having to buy 3 helmets I already have because they give an extra 3 intellect.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hunter one is fantastic, check if the one for sale has a much better roll though.

The Warlock one is worth buying but it's uses are situational

I've never used the Titan one tbh

The hunter one has 11 extra discipline than my one - would it be worth upgrading for that?

I have the hunter one

Warlock helmet is excellent. One of my favourites. Great for quick revives, so useful for Nightfalls and ToO. And it gives health regeneration when picking up orbs, so it's perfect for Crota Hard Mode. I always generate 9 orbs when killing the yellow Knights in the Crystal Room with this helm. :D

The hunter one has 11 extra discipline than my one - would it be worth upgrading for that?

Depends how flush you are with Shards and Coins.... but probably no tbh

Warlock helmet is excellent. One of my favourites. Great for quick revives, so useful for Nightfalls and ToO. And it gives health regeneration when picking up orbs, so it's perfect for Crota Hard Mode. I always generate 9 orbs when killing the yellow Knights in the Crystal Room with this helm. :D

I may go with the Warlock one so, I'm the orb giver anyway .... :P

Sure i like using my helmets that don't do anything in PVP... :)

I may go with the Warlock one so, I'm the orb giver anyway .... :P

Sure i like using my helmets that don't do anything in PVP... :)

Handy for Skirmish/Trials/Elimination/Salvage cause of the quick revive I guess :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quick revive is massive in trials

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement