Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everybody is going to loose their **** on Reddit :D

And bungie's forums as well

I like those saying that they got their after a lot of hard work... I mean, for months all I saw was people at the bottom of the table getting gallys... I still see that happening now!

like this one

B1OJ9Q3CcAAta4P.png

Hard work my ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We are the bad guys! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    We are the bad guys! :eek:

Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I see the Destiny Reddit page has been given a facelift to reflect Xur's inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

nevelator wrote: »
    I see the Destiny Reddit page has been given a facelift to reflect Xur's inventory.

Gjallarhorn is OP on Reddit today!! Even all the user flair is set to only Gjallarhorn. My eyes are hurting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, really think this image is appropriate today. 59070264.jpg

Now its time to start wearing the Gjallarhorn armour
    JxqPXpu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Dragons breath could be better than the Ghally by the time Bungie have their way with it.

Dragons breath could be better than the Ghally by the time Bungie have their way with it.

Not a chance, while gjallarhorn is being nerfed it will still do alot more damage than Dragons Breath. Plus Dragons Breath doesn't have tracking or grenades and horseshoes and its velocity is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'd like to hear from someone who doesn't have 17 strange coins in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »

It's so easy get them now but back when Xur sold it first (week 2) Strange Coins were hoarded. Most of us had only one character and the 9 coin weekly was a real struggle with our puny weapons. I know one guy who passed on the Ghally 'cos he was hoping Xur would drop a good primary the next week. :P

I have 300+ coins on the hunter , 200+ on my Titan and around 150 on the Warlock. I may even have some in the vault.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's so easy get them now but back when Xur sold it first (week 2) Strange Coins were hoarded. Most of us had only one character and the 9 coin weekly was a real struggle with our puny weapons. I know one guy who passed on the Ghally 'cos he was hoping Xur would drop a good primary the next week. :P

I have 300+ coins on the hunter , 200+ on my Titan and around 150 on the Warlock. I may even have some in the vault.

"I'm going to wait for an exotic sniper, not too bothered about rocket launchers" was what I thought at the time. Didn't realise strange coins and the like were going to be so easy to come by at that stage though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    "I'm going to wait for an exotic sniper, not too bothered about rocket launchers" was what I thought at the time. Didn't realise strange coins and the like were going to be so easy to come by at that stage though.

Yup, I was the same I also passed on the Truth the first time Xur sold it. Then people started using the Gjallahorn, unlocked wolf rounds and the rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Had both Truth and Dragon's Breath drop for me over the last few days. Is it still worth buying Gellyhorn at this stage, with the nerf just around the corner?

I don't have all that many coins so am reluctant to just throw them at Xur

dudeeile wrote: »

My mate only has 4 on Xbox. He only just started and only has a single guardian in the mid 20s.

Had both Truth and Dragon's Breath drop for me over the last few days. Is it still worth buying Gellyhorn at this stage, with the nerf just around the corner?

I don't have all that many coins so am reluctant to just throw them at Xur

There's not a whole pile else you can spend them on.

Also you have 3 weekly strikes to do
    http://destinystatus.com/psn/Totzire1
    My mate only has 4 on Xbox. He only just started and only has a single guardian in the mid 20s.

He could still get enough if he no lifes it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He would wanna start grinding so... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hats off to Bungie/Activision very few marketing campaigns this year will top what's happening today. Pre-orders of TTK should skyrocket.

Cormac... wrote: »

He could still get enough if he no lifes it

Not much chance of that, he's a chef, plus his wife is due any day now.

his wife is due any day now.

DHLs package delivery dates are usually late so he should be ok

nevelator wrote: »

I kind of want to set my cursor to Gally full time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

lol

I have a friend on Xbox in a similar situation, he created 3 characters, but 2 of them are only level 2.

So I am going over on saturday to level him up and help him to get enough coins to buy the ghorn!

I will bring my xbox with me so I can help him with the strikes etc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know any more about the buff to bring a character up to Taken King level instantly on launch?

Is it only for people who haven't played the game before or what? I'd probably chuck one of my hunters and get a titan again for a lark if I could avail of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just run loads of PoEs if you need coins and run out of weeklys

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know any more about the buff to bring a character up to Taken King level instantly on launch?

Is it only for people who haven't played the game before or what? I'd probably chuck one of my hunters and get a titan again for a lark if I could avail of that.

Heard it's a consumable that ranks you up to level 25. Can't see why it would only be available to people who hadn't played the game before. If you kill one of your characters you're in the same boat they are.
    If they allowed more characters I'd probaly make one for each sub-class but I'm not killing one of my originals.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Heard it's a consumable that ranks you up to level 25. Can't see why it would only be available to people who hadn't played the game before. If you kill one of your characters you're in the same boat they are.
    If they allowed more characters I'd probaly make one for each sub-class but I'm not killing one of my originals.

That sounds good to me, I actually had a fully levelled Titan before but deleted it when TDB came out so I could have a second hunter and reduce the grind a bit. The game isn't as grindy now so I wouldn't mind going back to one of each, but there's not a hope in the seven levels of hell I'm starting from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Only have 10 coins but the 3 weeklys to do so I'm ok.
    Haven't even bothered with weeklys last 3 weeks.
    Spent on the last word last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't think I was ever so anxious to find out how many coins I had in my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I believe some of us are now suffering the dreadful curse of coin envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Have to laugh at all the eejits online freaking out that bungie have ruined Destiny.

I personally am delighted for everyone that needed it, what a great surprise to get on a Friday morning!

Happy Gjallarhorn day people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

stevoslice wrote: »
    Have to laugh at all the eejits online freaking out that bungie have ruined Destiny.

I personally am delighted for everyone that needed it, what a great surprise to get on a Friday morning!

Happy Gjallarhorn day people!

It's like Bungie have personally insulted their sister, mother and dead granny all at once by selling it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement