Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's not a whole pile else you can spend them on.

Also you have 3 weekly strikes to do
    http://destinystatus.com/psn/Totzire1

huh... cheers for that link. That's a new one to me. Very handy indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dont understand how any could think people having it ruins the game. It isn't really used in PvP, so people having it for PvE can ONLY be helpful. Even if someone does use it in PvP, it is not going to make a massive difference over using any of the other more used RLs, you get hit by any of them you are dead (unless you are a fecking Titan doing a fist of havoc... then you're fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Xur has nothing of use to me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

CianRyan wrote: »
    Xur has nothing of use to me. :mad:

There's always pallets of heavy ammo on special offer, if you need to top up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

stevoslice wrote: »
    Have to laugh at all the eejits online freaking out that bungie have ruined Destiny.

I personally am delighted for everyone that needed it, what a great surprise to get on a Friday morning!

Happy Gjallarhorn day people!

Yes, the butt hurt over on the Bungie forums is incredible. So many people who "earned" their Gjallahorn giving it socks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Yes, the butt hurt over on the Bungie forums is incredible. So many people who "earned" their Gjallahorn giving it socks :rolleyes:

The people buying it earned it more than those who got it randomly, as you're more likely to have earned the strange coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cormac... wrote: »

That's a cool website. I've never come across it before.

I see they also list time played including time spent in the Tower and Orbit. It gives you a scary figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Purchased Gjallarhorn and did a nightfall..got a Gjallarhorn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

So, me and Ferrigan are contemplating Skolas, if anyone is interested? XB1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

More psn maintenance on Tuesday morning from 8am-9.30am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just checked how much strange coins I have on my(woefully behind) playstation account. I have 18, so off to buy gjallarhorn I go :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, once you hit lvl20 without the expansions, there's not a lot do do right? Got there this morning, and there seems to be a decent amount of strikes, but no more story missions. And from what i understand, i don't go past lvl20, but i can increase my level with Light levels...which i get on certain tiers of armour?

Will probably pick them up later today, if i get a chance, just wondering.

Kiith wrote: »
    So, once you hit lvl20 without the expansions, there's not a lot do do right? Got there this morning, and there seems to be a decent amount of strikes, but no more story missions. And from what i understand, i don't go past lvl20, but i can increase my level with Light levels...which i get on certain tiers of armour?

Will probably pick them up later today, if i get a chance, just wondering.

You can still get armour upto level 32, not sure if you can get etheric light

Also DON'T buy the expansions. If you want them stretch to The Taken King Digital Collectors version for €90 and trade in your vanilla copy(get back between €13-€16 cash in CEX). It will cost you €35 for the expansion pass, €40 for Taken King and €20 for the CE content totaling €95 seperately.

You can use the game and expansion pass immediately and Taken King will be downloaded and ready for you on release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Had great craic with the game this morning. Just pottering about on my tod levelling up some guns, the basic gunplay in the game is so much fun imo. Love the visuals and sound effects too.

Re-rolled the Pilgrim a few more times, ran out of weapon parts again but got Rodeo, Smallbore and Headseeker so not too bad I think. Decided to try some Control - actually had decent fun with it. Ended up mid table for most games which is an improvement for me. No doubt the Pilgrim helps and I've swtiched to using Bladedancer too which is fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Are weapons balanced out in multiplayer?

Got my first exotic weapon a few days ago (The Last Word hand canon) but it doesn't seem to be any better than my rare rifle that I had been using beforehand despite the hand canon having a score of 339 and the rifle being 257.

The last word does have the bonus of making me feel like Rick Grimes blowing the sh!t out of zombies as I run around with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Turtyturd wrote: »

Got my first exotic weapon a few days ago (The Last Word hand canon) but it doesn't seem to be any better than my rare rifle that I had been using beforehand despite the hand canon having a score of 339 and the rifle being 257.

The last word does have the bonus of making me feel like Rick Grimes blowing the sh!t out of zombies as I run around with it though.

The Last Word has been my go to weapon for multiplayer for the last few weeks.Id say its a tie between The Last Word and Thorn at being the two best Guns for Multiplayer

Damage levels are balanced out, but any perks the weapon has are still active.

The Last Word is currently one of the two best guns in the Crucible, the other is Thorn. Both are able to deal lethal damage in around 0.3 seconds.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last Word along with Thorn is actually the most powerful gun in the game at the moment for multiplayer, it's going to be getting nerfed in a month or so. You'll notice a difference in it when you level it up and get the perks unlocked.

In the regular crucible playlists weapons are normalised though so yeah a rare weapon will still do decent damage. Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner are the playlists where you need high level gear to compete

Cheers lads, must be my use of it. :D

I do keep forgetting about the rapid fire element. Will stick with it and see how I get on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Shocked, I actually topped a game of Control (just). :o

GUFJm6I.jpg

• Advertisement

What should you be scoring to pull your weight for the team?

Am mainly playing clash 6v6 and averaging between 1500-2000 with the odd sub 1000 or 2000 plus game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Beat skolas, wasn't too bad got him on 3rd attempt on him which took about an hour with a noob team.

Got 2 cipers but when I selected the weapon they both it counted for both cipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could someone approve my brothers clan request. Finally got him to join !! GT is captainreborn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

alright chaps finally moved to a place with good internet options after years of mobile dongles, anyway just looking for fellow gamers advice, which internet providers are you guys using that leasve you with great ping and green lag free destiny crucible sessions.
    thanks in advance might as welll get the best now i have an option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

jcd5971 wrote: »
    alright chaps finally moved to a place with good internet options after years of mobile dongles, anyway just looking for fellow gamers advice, which internet providers are you guys using that leasve you with great ping and green lag free destiny crucible sessions.

That will depend in your area and what ISPs are available to you.

I would say the Broadband forum is the best place to ask.

However I can say that the best Broadband in Ireland is/was Magnet FTTH/FTTC (fibre to the home/cabinet).

However, nowadays, either UPC or an NGA product will do fine in theory.

On a side note, and nothing to do this this I spent the entire morning helping a friend level up his character. I bumped into him 2 weeks ago, he likes gaming so when I asked him what he played well, to make a long story short he had stopped playing destiny because he had reached level 20 and done all the mission so it was nothing left for him to do.

When I explained him what he was missing I decided to help him level up his guy, started today afternoon, my mission was to get him enough coins to buy the gally, so after doing a few story missions (crota/HoW) and strikes/weekly we did it!

I also brought him through Crota normal.

I was hoping that in the process, he will end up with more armor but in the end he got weapons for the most part.

He found a good few legendaries: one/one synesthese, hunger of crota, the fear rocket launcher, her benevolence, longbow synth!!!! with a great roll (lucky him), murmur and the side arm (as expected)

Also got from PoE the last word and bought the gally.

Chest piece from Crota as well so all that brought him to level 28 3/4... almost there, if I can get him to level 29 I can run the nightfall with him in the hope of getting more gear.

Next week I will get him to but a helmet from the quartermaster

Hard work but it was worth it... now I am not sure if he feels the same lol

PS: Thanks Emmet for your help in the weekly... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jcd5971 wrote: »

If UPC is available get them..they piss on other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm free all day tomorrow for Skolas. Mitch, you still need him?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm free all day tomorrow for Skolas. Mitch, you still need him?
    Finally got him done tonight.

Two lads off LFG, was very worried when they were surprised by the rounds and modifiers, but we breezed to skolas in 40 mins I think. Neither had beat him before, one lad was on his first attempt I think.

Wiped a couple of times,but got it done in about 1 hour 20 (on skolas). We were very slow and cautious after the first set of mines. Burned the bejesus out of him from 26%then strolled to the second set of mines.

DELIGHTED!

What should you be scoring to pull your weight for the team?

I would say that a positive kill/death ratio is probably a better signal of pulling your weight than the overall points you score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I would say that a positive kill/death ratio is probably a better signal of pulling your weight than the overall points you score.

Not true. Its easy enough to get 4000+ points in Control with a high number of assists and a good number of captures.

Yes ideally you don't want to be going 0.5 but 0.8/0.9 isn't to bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement