Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey!

So this weeks we have

The Nexus

NF

Epic
    Nightfall
    Void Burn
    Angry
    Juggler

Weekly

Heroic
    Juggler

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh - void burn on nexus? NASTY! Feck all decent void weapons too.

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh - void burn on nexus? NASTY! Feck all decent void weapons too.

Cant wait to use my word of crota though... tricky nf indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Yeah ... that's not going to be fun unless you own Truth or Corrective Measures. Doesn't help that I junked my rare void Fusion rifles last week either...

It's going to make it interesting for sure...

Ah well - weekly strikes last week were only void burn and I managed those, so we'll give this a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey!

So this weeks we have

The Nexus

NF

Epic
    Nightfall
    Void Burn
    Angry
    Juggler

Weekly

Heroic
    Juggler

Nightfall should be ok. Weekly will take longer though.
    Defender, Atheon Epilogue, Void LDR 501 and Truth/Corrective Measure.
    Don't forget to pop Ether Seeds in the first room.

Same time as usual to get started ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    Cant wait to use my word of crota though... tricky nf indeed

It's ok with 3 at the top. Anything less than 3 you probably need to drop down which can take a long time. A really really long time.
    Have a void fusion and the truth. No fears for my Titan or Warlock. The Hunter maybe a little iffy.

Damn - I forgot that a void Harms Way dropped for me a while back. I might have to turbo level that up a bit before taking a crack at the nightfall.

Yeah ... shouldn't be as tough as I first thought.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nightfall should be ok. Weekly will take longer though.

Same time as usual to get started ?

yeap!

I am using WoC, LDR void and corrective measure, took me 10 minutes to finish

be online at around 7 as usual :)

PS: Done it twice already on PS, got shards and energies again... same as last week, oh well, I still have one more to run

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nexus is not much trouble. Just stand behind the big wall as you drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

emmetkenny wrote: »

Sometimes when I come in here and read some of the comments I wonder am I playing the same game:p

I only get to play in small bursts every now and again so I'm still really enjoying it and the grind factor hasnt really set in yet, any grinding I've done(bounties and strikes) I've enjoyed.

• Advertisement

Lets start up a little thing, casuse Bungie have sucked at explaining many things in Destiny...

Today, on 'Today I learned....'

If you look at another Guardian in game and a little gold glow appears around their Level number - they have their super. If there is no gold glow, they have no super.

Also... pro-tip for our brave sword bearing invisi hunters: If you have red death, drop a trip mine somewhere safe and shoot it with red death = Health Regen.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lets start up a little thing, casuse Bungie have sucked at explaining many things in Destiny...

Today, on 'Today I learned....'

Also... pro-tip for our brave sword bearing invisi hunters: If you have red death, drop a trip mine somewhere safe and shoot it with red death = Health Regen.

Nothin pro about that, trip mine is a gunslinger grenade so you will be using the wrong subclass to avail of that if you're sword bearer :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothin pro about that, trip mine is a gunslinger grenade so you will be using the wrong subclass to avail of that if you're sword bearer :)

Good chance you have used your super either going to or from Crota to be invisible - so you have little/no super anyway. So swap to gun slinger in the safety of the crystal room, kill a trip mine and get new health. then swap back to blade dancer and used the orbs that HOPEFULLY people have left around the place after initially clearing the room to regen your blade dancer super again.

Unless you have mask of the third man, then just use the orbs that HOPEFULLY people have left around the place after initially clearing the room to regen your health.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good chance you have used your super either going to or from Crota to be invisible - so you have little/no super anyway. So swap to gun slinger in the safety of the crystal room, kill a trip mine and get new health. then swap back to blade dancer and used the orbs that HOPEFULLY people have left around the place after initially clearing the room to regen your blade dancer super again.

Unless you have mask of the third man, then just use the orbs that HOPEFULLY people have left around the place after initially clearing the room to regen your health.

You'd have stand around waiting for grenade to charge too though and blink strike would need to recharge when you change back again too. I think it would be simpler to just shoot a thrall with red death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Calling out to take Crota's shield down: "I tell all my team mates to 'av him now!".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty much the same method as I posted yesterday. Good to see more ways of getting Crota down in 2 swords on hm emerging.

excellent article on Destiny.

http://kotaku.com/five-months-in-hardcore-destiny-players-are-hitting-a-1684813586

Sums up my feelings quite well. I play the game far more than I should, and a bit of the time I don't even want to! At this stage I'm only really bothered about doing Crota, on hard, from the crota check point, as the only thing I am aiming for at the moment is the raid scout rifle. Beyond that, one normal CE run a week with my hunter (to try get the raid amour helmet or better roles on other pieces) is all I need to do.

If I thought the CE shards and energies would still be usefull after the HoW expansion I would be more interested in collecting them - but I fear we will have a brand new economy to deal with, making the CE stuff as valuless as the original stuff is now (in general - not used a shard in AGES!)

EDIT: Apparently the shard/energy economy will be staying the same, so at least there is a reason to stock up on those still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shards will be staying the same? I'd be surprised, in a couple of weeks I'll probably have enough to last 2 more expansions lol, doesn't seem to be the Destiny way.

What is a bigger issue is not the shard economy, but the refusal/failure to upgrade VoG gear to the CE or (no doubt) forthcoming HoW light/damage levels.

I prefer the VoG gear (in terms of looks and I'm a huge fan of weapons like Fatebringer and Visions of Confluence), but CE made running the raid less relevant. Why would you use Fatebringer over Word of Crota when FB only does 300 (max) but WoC goes to 331 damage? HoW will make running VoG even less worthwhile, as the kit will continue to lag further behind the benchmark set by the latest expansion.

I understand that there was a 'method' to Bungie's madness in changing a lot of the vendor weapons (i.e. Bungie's continuous desire to get us all using those useless high ROF bullet hose autos instead of slower/heavier hitting autos), so perhaps they were trying to incentivise people to run CE over VoG by making the CE gear more attractive (in the way that pre-change vendor gear would seem less powerful looking at the pure stats than the newer 331 vendor gear).

Personally, I prefer VoG. It feels more epic than Crota's End. The space you play in feels bigger (the whole jumping down chasms and covering huge ground across the abyss on those floating platforms) - and the mechanics of how Atheon operates feels a bit more involved than the final fight in Crota. But I guess with HoW there'll be even less of a reason to run VoG, other than the chance of an exotic drop.

Also - at the moment I only run CE to get the shards/energies I need (given that I've a massive stockpile of largely useless non-radiant shards/energies) and in the hope that more armour pieces will drop for my characters to get them over the final hurdle to 32 light. If the HoW raid is decent I won't see myself running CE at all ... even for the chance of an exotic drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The Eris Morn missions are/where a disaster and aren't tied into the final raid. It would have made more sense to have Omnigul etc kept together. I think the reason CE isn't as open or expansive as VOG is because your supposed to feel the weight of Darkness closing in with hordes of thralls surrounding you.

I also prefer VOG but I do feel a lot of satisfaction when the whole fireteam makes through the lamps and across the bridge legit.

Speaking of walls I hit mine yesterday after completing Nightfall with Conovar & gtroni. Checked what bounties I had left and thought Sardok can f$ck off. Decided to watch Hannibal instead, excellent show I highly recommend.

NB: that text exchange in the kotaku article is 100% pure cringe.

The Eris Morn missions are/where a disaster and aren't tied into the final raid. It would have made more sense to have Omnigul etc kept together. I think the reason CE isn't as open or expansive as VOG is because your supposed to feel the weight of Darkness closing in with hordes of thralls surrounding you.

I also prefer VOG but I do feel a lot of satisfaction when the whole fireteam makes through the lamps and across the bridge legit.

Speaking of walls I hit mine yesterday after completing Nightfall with Conovar & gtroni. Checked what bounties I had left and thought Sardok can f$ck off. Decided to watch Hannibal instead, excellent show I highly recommend.

NB: that text exchange in the kotaku article is 100% pure cringe.

Isn't the point of the TDB expansion missions that you are stopping Omnigul etc from fulling raising Crota. We don't fight crota on the earth/moon etc - we fight in a different dimension. Had we 'failed' the previous missions Crota would have entered our dimension, with a full hive army.

Agree about the CE raid feel. Was said either here or on Reddit by someone that they felt the VoG raid displayed the complexity and intelligence of the Vex. CE raid is to display the chaotic, suffocating numbers game the hive play. Less intelligence, more numbers and brute force.

I'm certainly very interested to see what bungie do with HoW and Comet.

The dev said, and he may not be right, that they have learned from the mistakes of TDB.

1. Vendor Gear should not invalidate work/effort put into the previous tier raid.
    2. Shard ecomomy should not change and invalidate previous effort.
    3. We should have more gear options and be easier to use new gear (assume this is the level drop when you put on new gear).

I've no idea how you deal with points 1 and 3. Especially given the poor leveling in TDB, imo. I reckon the level 32 cap for TDB could hamstring them for HoW and possibly Comet.

You can't solve problem one due to the current level cap. The Vendor hear can get you to level 31 currently. You can't release improved gear without hitting the Raid cap of 32. So they either have new gear with the vendors and invalidate the CE gear or they simply don't sell any new vendor gear.

For point 2 I reckon you could offer a mat exchange. Ether seeds plus shard/energy for new shard/energy. the other option is keeping the current shards/energies but we will have a mountain of them upon release of HoW - they will do something to slow our progress down.

For the third problem they would likely need a complete retooling of the armour/leveling system. Unless the new gear starts at level 32, so we can swap to it immediately.

Interesting to see what happens.

At the moment I've three characters - two at level 31 (both but a sniff away from 32) and a Titan that has gone from level 20 to 30 in about five days (and should hit 31 by the end of this weekend).

What's holding me back now isn't the shard economy (I've fully levelled up all my raid gear), it's the drop 'economy'. I need CE armour drops for the three of these to get to 32.

Now there's grinding and there's constantly running the raids over and over again to get either shards/energy or my third or fourth Abyss Defiant/Oversoul pulse rifle.

I tried to get around the glut of the same primaries that I've been getting by running Crota on NM. When i do this I get drops of shards/energy - no special/heavy weapons or armour drops. When I run it on HM I get the same two primaries and shards/energy.

Now I know there's some argument to be made to state that it shouldn't be too easy to hit the light cap ... but it shouldn't be this bloody infuriating!

I should have just participated in the Iron Banner ... I know. But unfortunately at the time I didn't appreciate that the IB gear was maxed out at 36 light, so I didn't get involved. I now understand that this was a huge error as it could have given me pretty much guaranteed armour to get me to 32 light without the need to grind CE over and over again.

Sorry - rant over. :)
    I'm just getting a bit frustrated by RNGesus these days - given that it's not even fancy exotic gear that I crave, but the 'normal' drops that I'm just not getting.

But hey ... I have got No Shard Beyond three times...

I should have just participated in the Iron Banner ... I know. But unfortunately at the time I didn't appreciate that the IB gear was maxed out at 36 light, so I didn't get involved. I now understand that this was a huge error as it could have given me pretty much guaranteed armour to get me to 32 light without the need to grind CE over and over again.

It was only the gloves that went to 36. Already had them for the titan/warlock. Picked up the IB gloves for the Hunter and of course got them again on the next Crota run. Still need a helm or chestplate to get my hunter to 32

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It was only the gloves that went to 36. Already had them for the titan/warlock. Picked up the IB gloves for the Hunter and of course got them again on the next Crota run. Still need a helm or chestplate to get my hunter to 32

Ah. I see...

That wouldn't have helped me then - at least not on my Hunter. I'm using Don't Touch Me and have CE legs/helmet. I guess I need the chest plate to get to 32. Or CE gloves and a levelled up exotic chest plate.

Ah. I see...

That wouldn't have helped me then - at least not on my Hunter. I'm using Don't Touch Me and have CE legs/helmet. I guess I need the chest plate to get to 32. Or CE gloves and a levelled up exotic chest plate.

and it can be as bad when you do have the armour there - but the stats are crap.

I have all the basic pieces for my hunter to get to 32 - but the stats have my blink strike recharge at about 30% and grenade (hunter grenade...) recharge at 70% or something like that, maybe even better. So while i techically have the armour, it doesn't suit the character at all so I need to keep running until i get something better balanced for a hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm pretty sure they've fixed the armor drops. In our raid group we all had enough armour to hit 32 on all of our characters by week 3/4. From what I've raid online this is definitely the norm too.

They should release a level 32 VoG with level 32 gear, really can't be that difficult to implement. As the game stands now I've completely run out of reasons to play it between now and HoW (which isn't for months), I don't need any guns/armour and the content has long since gotten stale.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they've fixed the armor drops. In our raid group we all had enough armour to hit 32 on all of our characters by week 3/4. From what I've raid online this is definitely the norm too.

They should release a level 32 VoG with level 32 gear, really can't be that difficult to implement.

You need to take a break from the game :)

& yes you do get the 32 gear quick from the CE raid I just haven't ran it often.

• Advertisement

I don't know about that Gimli ... I'm pretty new to raids, but I've still run CE on HM and NM at least four or five times on each of three characters.

From this I've yielded three pieces of armour - the Tireless Striders (which have dropped 3 times I think!) and Unyielding Casque for my hunter, Deathsinger's Mantle for the Warlock and that's it.

In fairness, I've also got a good run of weapons - Hunger of Crota, Abyss Defiant and Oversoul dropped ... though what I really need is Blackhammer.

Hell ... I'm never happy it seems!

I've also been getting double helmet drops in VoG - my Warlock has had double helmet drops twice, as has my Titan ... free shards I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement