Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Just getting back into Destiny after a long break, one character at level 18. Just wondering about the expansions, should I pick these up before The Taken King? Have the digital version of Destiny. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jarain wrote: »
    Just getting back into Destiny after a long break, one character at level 18. Just wondering about the expansions, should I pick these up before The Taken King? Have the digital version of Destiny. Thanks

Upto you. Would have suggested the Taken King DCE if you had a disc copy that you could trade in, but in your case that isn't possible. It will cost €75 for Taken King and the expansions digitally and cost between €60-€80 for a Taken King disc copy with all the content depending on where you purchase.

If going the digital route there is no point in waiting for Taken King to buy the expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Played some control last night. Scored 6,175 points with 28 kills and a 3.11 K/D ratio. Still lost

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3253725352

Is the DTR score on Destiny Tracker based solely on wins and losses? Kinda sucks if that's the case when you have good games like that yet wind up on the losing side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

After all the good advice i got from everyone here about the cheapest way to buy the DLC and the Taken King, and having decided on the best course of action...i got drunk yesterday and just bought the expansions on their own, without the Taken King. Way to go me :(

Anyway, got to light lvl22 today, and slowly making my way upwards. Is there a best path for increasing your gear? I've been doing lvl20-22 random strikes, and have upgraded a few pieces of gear so far, but it seems pretty slow. Been doing some bounties as i go as well, which doesn't give me gear, but is giving me some Vanguard tokens (up to a whopping 17 now). Also unlocked the first raid just now as well i think (Vault of Glass), and did the first Crota mission (which was tough enough 2 levels under the recommended lvl).

Finally, i hate the Summoning Pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,869 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kiith wrote: »
    After all the good advice i got from everyone here about the cheapest way to buy the DLC and the Taken King, and having decided on the best course of action...i got drunk yesterday and just bought the expansions on their own, without the Taken King. Way to go me :(

Anyway, got to light lvl22 today, and slowly making my way upwards. Is there a best path for increasing your gear? I've been doing lvl20-22 random strikes, and have upgraded a few pieces of gear so far, but it seems pretty slow. Been doing some bounties as i go as well, which doesn't give me gear, but is giving me some Vanguard tokens (up to a whopping 17 now). Also unlocked the first raid just now as well i think (Vault of Glass), and did the first Crota mission (which was tough enough 2 levels under the recommended lvl).

Building up your vanguard and cruicble marks (running strikers and playing PVP) will enable you to buy legendary armour from the crucible guy or your vanguard leader - which I think will be level 32 stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You'll get legendary gauntlets for completing the dark below story missions, team up with someone if you're a little under levelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't see the Taken King DLC on the PS4 store..only the game+dlc..???

Blazer wrote: »
    I don't see the Taken King DLC on the PS4 store..only the game+dlc..???

Here you are

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DESTINYTAKENUPGR

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kiith wrote: »

I found doing pvp levelled me up pretty quickly, still waiting to reach level 3 in the ranking though to buy some weapons though. And I got my best weapon doing the sword of crota story mission on easy.

Stuck with The Last Word for a bit and enjoying it, need to get the recoil reducing upgrade though, it's great for the first 3 shots but then is flying all over the place.

Also think the run/slide/shotgun combo has replaced armour lock/melee as the thing that annoys me most in gaming. :D

Played some control last night. Scored 6,175 points with 28 kills and a 3.11 K/D ratio. Still lost

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3253725352

Is the DTR score on Destiny Tracker based solely on wins and losses? Kinda sucks if that's the case when you have good games like that yet wind up on the losing side

had a game like that myself many moons ago now - 40 kills, 7000 points, and lost by a fairly hefty margin anyway.

• Advertisement

Apparently I can't buy it since I don't own the expansion pass? Which is bull as I bought the deluxe version originally

Got it sorted. Had to download or register as download the dark below even though I'd been playing it since it was released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Apparently I can't buy it since I don't own the expansion pass? Which is bull as I bought the deluxe version originally

Got it sorted. Had to download or register as download the dark below even though I'd been playing it since it was released

I'm similar, it's showing up as not available. How did you manage the work around?

So is Destiny done til September?

Was on over the weekend and the friends list was fairly sparse.

Its times like this I really wish there was private matchmaking - I reckon we could get more people online if we could organise 6vs6 clan fights; surely this will be coming with Destiny TTK.... surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'm similar, it's showing up as not available. How did you manage the work around?

Dudeeile,

It's a bit of a funny one.

here's what you need to do :
    - Go on the playstation store
    - find the House of Wolves
    - Purchase it ( it is free, as you own it )
    - once your purchase is complete, you can pre-order TTK.
    - If you have had never done this with the Dark Below, you might need to do this too.

let me know how that went.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Pretty much ! time to have a look at the backlog of other games we have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its times like this I really wish there was private matchmaking - I reckon we could get more people online if we could organise 6vs6 clan fights; surely this will be coming with Destiny TTK.... surely!

Ah I dunno, crucible is still very good, the more I play of it, the more I'm inclined to think that its actually some of the best sci-fi multiplayer you'll find.
    Always handy to keep gathering the treasure keys, motes of light and strange coins, who knows what Xur will bring when TTk comes around...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I managed to get on Sat & Sun and it certainly seemed quieter. Not a single PoE34 request. Still got some fun NF & Crucible runs in. Private matchmaking would be brilliant. Was having a look on Planet Destiny and came across that Crucible Podcast, really interesting listening to them. Trying to read up on as much PVP as I can now along with actually playing it more. Just wish I had more time to PVP and level up guns etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played some Trials. God I hate Trials. Regular PvP is fun for the most part but just can't get my head round ToO & I'm seriously crap at it. I'm pretty cautious and regularly end up last alive getting screamed at by teammates.
    Found myself playng a bit of BF4 this weekend. Really have little to do in Destiny at present.
    Sadly I'm taking time off work for TTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Slow News day so I thought I'd go a bit SUPER META RNG SYSTEM.....

This isn't even my final form

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played some Trials. God I hate Trials. Regular PvP is fun for the most part but just can't get my head round ToO & I'm seriously crap at it. I'm pretty cautious and regularly end up last alive getting screamed at by teammates.
    Found myself playng a bit of BF4 this weekend. Really have little to do in Destiny at present.
    Sadly I'm taking time off work for TTK.

Your (possibly drunken) banter during Control was good craic Friday night! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Your (possibly drunken) banter during Control was good craic Friday night! :pac:

My drinking absolutely destroys my kdr :o I'm told I'm quite loud so belated apologies.

My drinking absolutely destroys my kdr :o I'm told I'm quite loud so belated apologies.

"SHOTGUN BABY!!!" :pac:

Nah it was great fun actually. Listening to the banter makes getting crushed all the more bearable. Same when Cormac was giving out stink because someone had the cheek to kill him in some cheeky manor. :P

Dudeeile,

- If you have had never done this with the Dark Below, you might need to do this too.

I originally bought the game and expansions so this could be the answer. I'll be able to check this out during the week I hope.

I originally bought the game and expansions so this could be the answer. I'll be able to check this out during the week I hope.

As silly as it sounds this is the correct solution.

Usually when you buy a season pass you still need to purchase the "free" expansion for it to install, but with Destiny that wasn't required for some reason. This left you with access to the dlc without "owning" it.

What the guys said, for me the Dark Below was showing as Ready to install which I clicked on. Took a second and then in related items to destiny you now see the taken king

Dudeeile,

Right well that worked a charm, thanks GT. Logged in from the pc so didn't even have to wait to get to the ps4.
    What the guys said, for me the Dark Below was showing as Ready to install which I clicked on. Took a second and then in related items to destiny you now see the taken king

I just had to do the HoW which is odd as TDB should have been the same. Looks like I've gone and done it now, 2 years of Destiny, oh boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Emmet............ had to look up this game of Trials from the weekend.

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3258447931

Ger got disconnected at the beginning of the game, and then Emmet and I went on to embarrass the other team. :pac:

Teabags were given....... no regrets!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Emmet............ had to look up this game of Trials from the weekend.

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3258447931

Ger got disconnected at the beginning of the game, and then Emmet and I went on to embarrass the other team. :pac:

Teabags were given....... no regrets!

Like I said to Johnny yesterday "I'd a pain in my b**ls from banging them off their orbs I teabagged that hard" :D

• Advertisement

DESTINY BEERS!!!

That's right, you reddit read it correctly!!!

We've been mulling this one over for a while and now it's ready to be opened up to the floor.

When: Saturday 29/08/15 7:30pm (ish) till ???

Where: Dublin, A nice, normal, neutral place with a Beer Garden that's fairly central (The Bernard Shaw has been touted as a possible place)

Who: There's the bones of Eao 12 (possible) of us I think heading so far from the PS4 side (me, Sniper_samurai, N0cal, Petking, Plain P, Dudeile, Weseirek, Andrew76, Mitch_Connor and MORE!!!)

Why: Why Not? It's Beers, not a wedding!

What: It's like a wedding but with more infighting

Women: Yes, bring em, I'm bringing one, everyones Other Half is welcome, tall, short, gay, straight, man, woman, Exo

Well: Anyone else interested in joining us? Possibly we some X-Box people, I know Bohrio said he's gonna come. Also, non drinkers are of course welcome too, I believe one or two of the lads don't drink but will be coming for the banter anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement