Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

would we have to grind cans of dutch gold until we hit barman rep level 1 before we can have nicer drinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

would we have to grind cans of dutch gold until we hit barman rep level 1 before we can have nicer drinks?

:pac:

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No, need to get to level 3 and 100 barman marks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Capture the zone will be fun, go grab someone else's table, bonus pints awarded for full beers still present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Teabags were given....... no regrets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

\m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So is Destiny done til September?

Ahem... Some of us are still stuck with the small matter of a pesky treacherous level 35 kell to kill :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    Ahem... Some of us are still stuck with the small matter of a pesky treacherous level 35 kell to kill :mad:

lil' ol' Skolas? That is soooo last weekend!:P

incx92O.png

PetKing wrote: »

Honestly, I would help but I don't think I'll get a good gaming session in until next week.

• Advertisement

Small arms and Lightswitch for Skolas this week again - a tough combo, 1 hit kills from melees, I think line rifles are small arms and tougher to burn him down from 26% as rocket damage is reduced. Glad I got it done last week!

Nightfall is shadow theif:

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Nightfall - If all players die, your Fireteam is returned to Orbit.
    Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Solar Burn - Solar Damage from any source is greatly increased.
    Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Solar Burn NF. Tanicks is going to get gjallahorned to kingdom come.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone around interested in doing the nightfall on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You must watch this trailer from 2013, how things have changed since!

And this one as well

God, after watching these vids I cant wait for Destiny to come out now lol

Just after watching the first video there - I know the story was changed (deleted) but one thing occured to me. In the vid, the speaker is asking you to save us all, ,telling us how important our mission is.

In the game we got, is it the same? My memory of it is that we are told we are basically all dead anyway, its just a matter of time - and then we go off on our own and do our thing, without any real help, input or interest from the Tower. Am I wrong?

I get most of my exposition from pissing around in the tower sliding past NPCs and smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What really bothered me about that video was he's clearly playing a Voidwalker and he's using ****ing solar grenades :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Crucible the best way to get a better weapon. I've a few lvl20 blues, but none that really stand out, and i'd like to get an upgrade. No luck after doing a load of strikes lvl22-24 strikes so far though. I'll get to lvl26 and try the Vault of Glass this weekend anyway, so hopefully i can pick something up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Kiith wrote: »
    Is Crucible the best way to get a better weapon. I've a few lvl20 blues, but none that really stand out, and i'd like to get an upgrade. No luck after doing a load of strikes lvl22-24 strikes so far though. I'll get to lvl26 and try the Vault of Glass this weekend anyway, so hopefully i can pick something up there.

You can buy some decent weapons from the Factions / Vanguards, I imagine. The Fulcrum (Future War Cult) and Red Hand IX (New Monarchy) are pretty decent hand cannons, once you get the right rolls. What's going to happen to them following the buff/nerf is anyone's guess.
    You can get legendary and exotic weapons to drop doing Nightfalls
    Iron Banner is up in a week or two. That should have a couple of good weapons and the pistol will also be dropable.
    You could run a 28 Prison of Elders if you have HoW for the Hopscotch Pilgrim that's a very good gun for crucible. (I should have said it doesn't drop very often)

Did you not say you bought tDB and HoW expansion packs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dragon vanguard strike list is always good for weapon farming.

Destiny getting the spam treatment.... a day or two after the tweet would have made any sense.

359025.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm still just mad I was playing on PS3 and now I'm on XBONE. I think I'd only give it another go if they allowed crossover (not holding my breath).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cormac... wrote: »
    Did you not say you bought tDB and HoW expansion packs?

I did. I've only done one of the Crota missions so far though, as they are lvl26 recommended and the first was tough enough at lvl21-22. Unless i'm missing something else that i could be doing?

DESTINY BEERS!!!

When: Saturday 29/08/15 7:30pm (ish) till ???

Where: Dublin, A nice, normal, neutral place with a Beer Garden that's fairly central (The Bernard Shaw has been touted as a possible place)

Getting f**king fla'd on accommodation now for this weekend :(

What's going in Dublin that weekend, I either can't book anything or need to pay and arm and leg :confused:

Like everything is ~€500 for anywhere somewhat central and not rat invested ;_;

I did. I've only done one of the Crota missions so far though, as they are lvl26 recommended and the first was tough enough at lvl21-22. Unless i'm missing something else that i could be doing?

Sorry, yeah forgot about the level requirement.

The quickest way to get legendaries when you are such a low level is to play the Crucible. Get a legendary every 4 games or so (well more like 5 every 20 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Getting f**king fla'd on accommodation now for this weekend :(

What's going in Dublin that weekend, I either can't book anything or need to pay and arm and leg :confused:

Like everything is ~€500 for anywhere somewhat central and not rat invested ;_;

Ireland play Wales in Lansdowne Road that Saturday.

Ireland play Wales in Lansdowne Road that Saturday.

Yeah, i knew there was something like that on.... but f**king hell like, even the BnBs and Hostels and stuff are overpriced or not available :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All Ireland semi finals are on on the Sunday too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, i knew there was something like that on.... but f**king hell like, even the BnBs and Hostels and stuff are overpriced or not available :(

Rugby's big business now. Being back 2 back 6N's champs will bring a lot of support, then throw Wales into the mix who have massive travelling support, plus it's a warm up for the World Cup which is only a few weeks away. Hotels and the like will jack up the prices and people will pay it.

You could go a little mad and get yourself a free night in the Harcourt St. Po-Po station. Only a short walk from Dicey's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement