Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    All Ireland semi finals are on on the Sunday too.

Ah, well........ F**K
    You could go a little mad and get yourself a free night in the Harcourt St. Po-Po station. Only a short walk from Dicey's.

Personally I would not be above this :D

Having stayed in an all night Web Cafe in the city previously after missing the last Dart/Bus to where I was staying in Bray :pac:

With herself accompanying me, I'm afraid it's not an option this time...... well not yet anyway....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sorry, yeah forgot about the level requirement.

The quickest way to get legendaries when you are such a low level is to play the Crucible. Get a legendary every 4 games or so (well more like 5 every 20 games)

Might give that a go later. Not played any PvP so far, so probably worth giving it a go and getting absolutely slaughtered for a while :)
    Personally I would not be above this :D

That's some serious dedication to Destiny beers right there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kiith wrote: »
    Might give that a go later. Not played any PvP so far, so probably worth giving it a go and getting absolutely slaughtered for a while :)

are you on PS4 or XB1?

Gonna be hard for a dreadlocked fella to start a fight with the rugby crowd though :pac:

"Well look Fenton, I believe that scrawny Cork guy is trying to engage you in fistcuffs"

I joke, my missus family are all "ruggers"

"Well look Fenton, I believe that scrawny Cork guy is trying to engage you in fistcuffs"

Jolly good show, let's teach this uncouth fellow a lesson! :pac:
    are you on PS4 or XB1?

PS4 at the moment, till they eventually release it on the PC...which probably won't happen till Destiny 2 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I joke, my missus family are all "ruggers"

You know, I'm glad I have pretty decent eyesight, cause that could have been completely misread. :eek:

oS6Qq6U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah, i knew there was something like that on.... but f**king hell like, even the BnBs and Hostels and stuff are overpriced or not available :(

Most hotels were booked or priced out when Ed Sheeran was playing a while back.

Tbh, when I seen the date chosen for when to have the beers my first thought was 'that's a bit silly', but I didn't want to say anything.

Have it in Louth instead =p

Basically only half an hour from Dublin with plenty of decent pubs and nightclubs. There's even a bus from Drogheda to Dublin at 1:45 AM for any dubs who want to head back home

There's a few quad rooms still available in a 3* hotel in the center of Drogheda for €149.. €37 per person sharing. You won't get that in Dubland!

Most hotels were booked or priced out when Ed Sheeran was playing a while back.

Tbh, when I seen the date chosen for when to have the beers my first thought was 'that's a bit silly', but I didn't want to say anything.

Have it in Louth instead =p

Basically only half an hour from Dublin with plenty of decent pubs and nightclubs. There's even a bus from Drogheda to Dublin at 1:45 AM for any dubs who want to head back home

There's a few quad rooms still available in a 3* hotel in the center of Drogheda for €149.. €37 per person sharing. You won't get that in Dubland!

636f65434f151efce54ab10eb4509c2120d7e5213b74b3f015c3dfeef6f08300.jpg

Tbh, when I seen the date chosen for when to have the beers my first thought was 'that's a bit silly', but I didn't want to say anything!

It's only cause I'm coming up from Cork on Friday anyway for a Concert so said I'd go mad and stay a 2nd night if I could drag out some of the gang.

It's my fault that that's the date. I can't afford to come up to Dublin separately for now ya see.

If someone else had the idea first it could have been put to a vote, but nobody did :D

It'll probably just be me and Fieldy and 2 others talking sh!te as Dublin is overrun by rugby fans :P

Maybe for the next one we can be way more diplomatic about it, perhaps, as you say, not necessarily in the city centre.

The flip side of that is the likes of me travelling from across the country and then you end up with some "locals" pulling out at the last minute cause they CNBF and I'm stuck in the Pale on me todd like a knob :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The flip side of that is the likes of me travelling from across the country and then you end up with some "locals" pulling out at the last minute cause they CNBF and I'm stuck in the Pale on me todd like a knob :pac:

We would never leave you stuck on your todd like a knob. We'd make sure at least a few of us turned up to point and laugh at you being stuck on your todd like a knob :D

nocal wrote: »
    We would never leave you stuck on your todd like a knob. We'd make sure at least a few of us turned up to point and laugh at you being stuck on your todd like a knob :D

You're such a good friend :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

... you end up with some "locals" pulling out at the last minute cause they CNBF...

Sure isn't that the norm for a boards beers? ;)

I hope to make it up anyway. Not sure yet if I'll drive all the way in and try find parking closeby or head to Bray and get the Dart in, not a fan of public transport. Having said that if I get to the pub and see a bunch of folk dressed up as Guardians I'll keep on walking! ("would ya look at the state of them..." :p).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sure isn't that the norm for a boards beers? ;)

This will be my 1st one, so far the date and venue are causing issues, so I'd say it's going pretty much par-for-the-course with other Boards Beers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I can't seem to find the €40 option for TTK on psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Bungie have put up a teaser trailer for the twitch reveal.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

AdamD wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the €40 option for TTK on psn?

I think GT posted a way to get it to appear a few pages back.
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nevelator wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone for a 32 PoE later? I see variks finally has the chest piece I need to hit level 34. After that , I just have some chests to find, a few public events, and skolas to get that year one triumph thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

nevelator wrote: »

Ah Mr Fruit... I find him very funny...

BTW guys, why are some people in bungie saying that they are deleting one of their characters so they are ready for the new story (TTK)?

am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ah Mr Fruit... I find him very funny...

BTW guys, why are some people in bungie saying that they are deleting one of their characters so they are ready for the new story (TTK)?

am I missing something?

The whole leveling process had been revamped. Story missions will lead into each other more coherently. The order in which story missions appear has been completely changed. Plus with Nolan North voicing all of the ghost dialogue from the get go, I'd say some want to experience that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

The whole leveling process had been revamped. Story missions will lead into each other more coherently. The order in which story missions appear has been completely changed. Plus with Nolan North voicing all of the ghost dialogue from the get go, I'd say some want to experience that too.

But can you not just do the story from the beginning again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Bohrio wrote: »
    But can you not just do the story from the beginning again?

Chance you'll miss cut scenes or something. Tempted to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chance you'll miss cut scenes or something. Tempted to do it myself.

Only time I ever watched skipable game cut scenes was the Last of Us. I am not blessed with patience.

Got the Dead Orbit ship from a package last night. The jealousy in the party chat was insane. Little things like this make me so happy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would love if they did a 'New Game+' option for the DLC, so we can at least experience the story the way it now is, rather than deleting a character and all their progression - especially as light level of armour doesn't seem to matter on level now; so may not be much of a point vaulting all the stuff to just throw on them when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It had crossed my mind to delete a character also and start a fresh but even with a new levelling up method the grind involved to get from 20 back to 34 might still be too much.

Hopefully a way to play the new story will be provided or the option to equip your existing gear at 20 and immediately hit 34 again might tempt me to go the new character route.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

NewGame+ would be a good idea. They could also ramp up the enemy difficulty so you wouldn't be coming up against level 3 enemies. Speaking of which, I met a random level 3 character while patrolling cosmodrome, yesterday. I helped him kill a captain and we waved at each other. He then invited me to play Destiny. That's fine my level 3 buddy but what are we going to do together - Raids?

I'd also be fine if they let us build a fourth character from scratch to get around the additional story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm usually happy to run a few story missions with low level players to help them level, as long as I'm not doing anything else.

I'll probably level up a Titan when it releases, to see if it's any better. Will use the boost for the Hunter i'd say.

Played some PvP last night, and my god i suck. Seems like it's fun enough though. Are the rewards based on anything in particular, or just totally random. Seemed like it was random to me, with mid table people getting gear over top of the board people.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll probably level up a Titan when it releases, to see if it's any better. Will use the boost for the Hunter i'd say.

Played some PvP last night, and my god i suck. Seems like it's fun enough though. Are the rewards based on anything in particular, or just totally random. Seemed like it was random to me, with mid table people getting gear over top of the board people.

It's supposed to be slightly weighted more towards the best players since a recent patch but from what I can see it's still pretty random.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement