Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's supposed to be slightly weighted more towards the best players since a recent patch but from what I can see it's still pretty random.

I've gotten legendary weapons when I've had a k/d of .25 and got feck all on the extremely rare occasion I've done very well so It still seems very random to me.

I do get the feeling that you tend to get "consolation prizes" if you get into a bit of a losing streak though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can always just start a 2nd Playstation/X-Box profile and experience the story a fresh that way

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can always just start a 2nd Playstation/X-Box profile and experience the story a fresh that way

But then you don't have access to all your current weapons, armour, materials, coins etc on this new profile - which is a worse situation, imo, than deleting a character and starting over.

If I delete one, it will probably be the hunter, as I use them the least anyway.

Adding a 4th slot would solve all this rather easily though. DAMN YOU BUNGIE

But then you don't have access to all your current weapons, armour, materials, coins etc on this new profile - which is a worse situation, imo, than deleting a character and starting over.

"I want to start over.... but not in regards weapons armour and consumables" :D

You'd probably have the 4th Horseman drop on the new profile anyway and be stuck with it there :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just play the missions in sequence with one of your current characters.

• Advertisement

"I want to start over.... but not in regards weapons armour and consumables" :D

You'd probably have the 4th Horseman drop on the new profile anyway and be stuck with it there :)
    I want to experience the story as Bungie are now changing it.

Considering the song and dance they make about you have a 10 year guardian, to force you to delete them in order to experience the story they are now admitting they fecked up, seems an odd situation. I have put a year into building up those consumables, weapons and armour - some of which they are just doing away with now, but they want that effort to count for nothing if I want to experience the 'proper' destiny story?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just play the missions in sequence with one of your current characters.

I don't know if that would tell the whole "story" if what they are proposing rings true, like being introduced to NPCs and Game Modes via quests and these being integral to the whole flow of it.

Like apparently you get a Quest to get to know Shaxx, dunno will that pop up for existing players. I'd say it's the sum of a lot of small subtle changes to the flow people are interested in, rather than just playing the story level in sequence with Nolan North.

I guess we'll know a bit more at 7pm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm sure y'all know but if you do delete a character make sure you unequip all high level gear and guns or you'll delete them too. It sounds blindingly obvious but this is the type of thing that would never occur to me until it was too late.

One reason I'd delete one (but I won't) would be to get the scarf the Hunter spawns with. It's the only gear that doesn't cover his head afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I think there is suppose to be a consumable that get your to level 25 or something right away. My Titan is level 2, so will be delete that character to see what the fuss is all about the new story. I don't really expect there to be much tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

nevelator wrote: »
    Bungie have put up a teaser trailer for the twitch reveal.

That was pretty great! Went back and paused it at different points to properly see the screens. Must tune in later this evening so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The UI does look a lot cleaner from that teaser, so looking forward to that.

what is the twitch tonight? I don't want to spoil any of the story for myself, but i'd like to find out about the weapon/armour changes.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That was pretty great! Went back and paused it at different points to properly see the screens. Must tune in later this evening so.

I imagine there will be screenshots taken and every single second of it poured over with a microscope and fine tooth comb on Reddit, similar to when they did the same "Quality of Life" stream for HoW with King Gothalian
    Kiith wrote: »
    The UI does look a lot cleaner from that teaser, so looking forward to that.

And it's so slick as it is, even winning an rewards.

Also if you want to share your PSN name me and the others on PS4 can help you get better get (Crucible, Strike Playlists, Raids etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

what is the twitch tonight? I don't want to spoil any of the story for myself, but i'd like to find out about the weapon/armour changes.

General reveal a bit like what they did with Gothalion for HoW.

Just Tower/Levelling/Items/Quest/Bounties stuff.

Nothing much gameplay wise afaik.

Like the time they pissed about in the Reef for an hour with King Gothalian.

Probably the most worthwhile to watch with the least amount of spoilers.

Next week will be the new Strike(s) and the week after will be Court of Oryx (see Prison of Elders)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I imagine there will be screenshots taken and every single second of it poured over with a microscope and fine tooth comb on Reddit, similar to when they did the same "Quality of Life" stream for HoW with King Gothalian

Some parts I found interesting below (using spoiler tags just in case some folk don't want to watch the video linked above):
    There's progress bar type icons under each stat on the character screen - presumably making it easier to see your progress. The change to Light level sounds cool too.
    The new Quests page looks great. Wonder what the numbers are under each quest? And it shows Bounties 12/16 over to the right - that's more that we can currently have I think?
    Also, Collections. :cool:

Really hope they increase the Vault space (although I think someone here might have mentioned before that wasn't on the cards). Maybe I just need to disenchant some of the gear I have, not before TTK though just in case.

Hey All, I'm gonna have to cancel my trip to Dublin altogether. Accommodation and Transport (what with the Rugby and Football going on) is already approaching €500+ for the two of us, and that's before either of us put or hands in our pockets for Food or Pints. And right now I just can't afford it. Sorry. :(

Feel free to still have beers. Maybe with the money I'm not spending on this I can make it up again at a weekend that suits better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hey All, I'm gonna have to cancel my trip to Dublin altogether. Accommodation and Transport (what with the Rugby and Football going on) is already approaching €500+ for the two of us, and that's before either of us put or hands in our pockets for Food or Pints. And right now I just can't afford it. Sorry. :(

Feel free to still have beers. Maybe with the money I'm not spending on this I can make it up again at a weekend that suits better :)

Not try and get somewhere a little further afield that has a nightlink like Bray?

I'd nearly suggest out to Newtown if the late night transport was better(last bus leaves Dublin at 11pm). The hotel here us €110 a night though for your dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Could anyone deleting a character and starting over, or running a character for the first time, please keep me in mind? I need the Grimoire from a now patched glitch. I need to run a mission (cut scene) called The Awoken in the original reef. It only opens to a character once after the first Venus mission. Thanks to anyone that can help in advance!

Not try and get somewhere a little further afield that has a nightlink like Bray?

I'd nearly suggest out to Newtown if the late night transport was better(last bus leaves Dublin at 11pm). The hotel here us €110 a night though for your dates.

I'm still gonna come up Friday night for the Gojira concert cause I (foolishly) had the tickets to be collected at the box office so couldn't transfer/cancel/refund them

Gonna stay a bit outside the city (Red-Cow) and head back home Saturday.

It seems it was the city-centre / Saturday night booking that was causing the big money.

Will still be out and about in Dublin centre on Friday night if there's anyone around but it will be after the gig.

Whole thing is now about ~€150 including transport as opposed to ~€500.... so yeah.... f**k the rugby :pac:

• Advertisement

Possible session in the Pale in a few more weeks time maybe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

PetKing wrote: »
    Could anyone deleting a character and starting over, or running a character for the first time, please keep me in mind? I need the Grimoire from a now patched glitch. I need to run a mission (cut scene) called The Awoken in the original reef. It only opens to a character once after the first Venus mission. Thanks to anyone that can help in advance!

I'm holding off on starting a new character until TTK drops, If you're on XB1, I'll give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, depending on dates etc.

I'm holding off on starting a new character until TTK drops, If you're on XB1, I'll give you a hand.

PS4 (I should have said), thanks though man.

I have not yet booked any accommodation, but from browsing around, even the dirt cheap hostels are pricey at this stage, with the weekend that's in it. I'm all in favour of postponing for a date where more can attend?

PetKing wrote: »
    I have not yet booked any accommodation, but from browsing around, even the dirt cheap hostels are pricey at this stage, with the weekend that's in it. I'm all in favour of postponing for a date where more can attend?

I've been working shopping around and it is bleak accommodation wise.

Maybe we could do one the Week before TTK comes out, as a "Year 1" thingy or not, I'll probably cancel anyway :pac:

F**king Dublin, F**king Rugby, I'm so bitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just avoid the first and third weekends in September...small matter of All Ireland finals being on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I've been working shopping around and it is bleak accommodation wise.

Maybe we could do one the Week before TTK comes out, as a "Year 1" thingy or not, I'll probably cancel anyway :pac:

F**king Dublin, F**king Rugby, I'm so bitter :D

So it's all off then...s**t buzz :(

Me and Dave could try and buzz in on Friday I suppose (Seeing as I have no children, as I swapped weekends with their dad...)

What time is the gig due to finish up at?

nocal wrote: »
    Just avoid the first and third weekends in September...small matter of All Ireland finals being on.

Thats so something I wouldn't even have checked too :pac:
    PlainP wrote: »
    So it's all off then...s**t buzz :(

Me and Dave could try and buzz in on Friday I suppose (Seeing as I have no children, as I swapped weekends with their dad...)

What time is the gig due to finish up at?

Well no, I mean if the people in the PS4 chat still want to go ahead, do sure, I just wont be around Saturday.

I'd imagine the gig will be over around 10:30ish but it can be hard to tell in the Academy as bands are allowed milk it a bit more than the Olympia.

But yeah, pints during/after the gig on Friday for whoever is around :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

nevelator wrote: »
    Bungie have put up a teaser trailer for the twitch reveal.

That looks badass! I'm liking the Titan outfits too, Titans are starting to look like how I'd expect a Titan to look :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement