Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Swords? **** yeah :P

Got to lvl24 last night, so i should be able to get back to the Crota missions now. There's a fair jump from completing the regular story to being able to do Crota missions. I don't mind it, as the gameplay is excellent, but i wonder will they streamline that as well when the new expansion starts.

The twitch stream is on youtube if anyone (like me) wants to watch it in work :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFvswiv58ZY

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was it control ye were playing? Ye probably didn't even need to catch the control points.

Yea control on Firebase Delphi. Bubbled B flag. Ran from heavy to heavy. Well I stood in my bubble and danced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont mind, doing it twice, I will be online this evening and probably during the weekend as well

I'll be on this evening for definite. If I'm on over the weekend, I'll help then too. I was only the noon in the group last night, guy I joined had 95 wipes, he was turning psychotic. Even after that long in Skolas, he was still running off and killing servitors unannounced leaving us to run around looking for him! I don't want to become one of these must have maxed Gally' LFG'rs, but being the only one using it made it harder to grind him down. And the two warlocks that I joined (I was a blade dancer) were Void walkers?! It was frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll be on this evening for definite. If I'm on over the weekend, I'll help then too. I was only the noon in the group last night, guy I joined had 95 wipes, he was turning psychotic. Even after that long in Skolas, he was still running off and killing servitors unannounced leaving us to run around looking for him! I don't want to become one of these must have maxed Gally' LFG'rs, but being the only one using it made it harder to grind him down. And the two warlocks that I joined (I was a blade dancer) were Void walkers?! It was frustrating.

That would drive me crackers.

I did it this week where one of us was bringing through his warlock for the first time. Everything seemed to go wrong. We all ran out of ammo at one point, warlock took the poison from the wrong guy, I got shot out of my bubble by Skolas, other titan got killed inside his bubble by a weird servitor, warlock was going down crazy fast as we had him running the mines, I fired a rocket just as the other titan said "Bubble up" :mad: etc etc.

We all knew what we were doing though and it was funny "ha ha" rather than funny "I'm going to kill the pair of ya if we go down again."

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea control on Firebase Delphi. Bubbled B flag. Ran from heavy to heavy. Well I stood in my bubble and danced.

Good fun last night. In that game Ger and I were racing each other between flags trying to beat each other to a few kills. I would not have been happy playing against us, but it was bloody good fun being on the orb generating side for a change!!

This was the other game where we were swimming in orbs :D

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3283608778

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was wandering around looking for somewhere to use my rockets when the two lads sprinted past me on a race to A to get whoever was capping it. I fired a rocket ahead of them :D but only managed to get the assist. they were hoovering up the kills like no-ones business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Wed a few decenct games last night running bubbles.

To say Ger and Steve benefited from the orbs is an understatement. I don't think Steve fired a bullet from a normal gun after the first 60 seconds :D

I had a screen shot but it won't upload :(

Had to keep reminding myself it's a team game when using my bubble and coming last on the scoreboard.

Had to keep reminding myself it's a team game when using my bubble and coming last on the scoreboard.

You destroyed the other team in this one!

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3283093710

Some games just swing in favour of 1 or 2 players and they rack up all the kills. I could not find anyone to kill in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

You destroyed the other team in this one!

http://destinytracker.com/dg/3283093710

Some games just swing in favour of 1 or 2 players and they rack up all the kills. I could not find anyone to kill in this game

Got bored of using the bubble so switched to titan smash.

Got bored of using the bubble so switched to titan smash.

No you got bored of running in to smash things and dropping a bubble over them instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Started playing destiny again the last few days.

decided to start fresh with a new character.

went with a exo hunter and hit lvl 13 last night.

also joined the boards clan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dunworth1 wrote: »

I don't see the request, whats you name?

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't see the request, whats you name?

dunworth1

i'm an xbox player btw

I've just added you on Live. I see you are friends with a lot of regular Destiny players that I have played with. Keep levelling up and once you are above level 26/27 and have some decent gear, you could start raiding with us.

I've just added you on Live.

I have my original Titan that's at lvl 23 but I've abandoned him to go through the story which I'm actually quite enjoying this time around.

My biggest problem will be when I hit lvl 20 and have to try figure out how the light works

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This is fahooking quick

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For the people who got the nepal t-shirt - I got the email from Bungie yesterday to claim my rewards, which I did last night but I don't see the actual emblem or shader - nothing in the postmaster and obviously tess is gone, didn't see a prompt for anything in her empty shop. Have you got the shader and emblem yet? Where did you get them, if you have them.

For the people who got the nepal t-shirt - I got the email from Bungie yesterday to claim my rewards, which I did last night but I don't see the actual emblem or shader - nothing in the postmaster and obviously tess is gone, didn't see a prompt for anything in her empty shop. Have you got the shader and emblem yet? Where did you get them, if you have them.

Did you try the Tess Kiosk thingy by the old crone?

I'll check again when I get home - but obviously Tess isn't there, and I certainly don't remember a prompt to hit square.

I'll check again when I get home - but obviously Tess isn't there, and I certainly don't remember a prompt to hit square.

Head towards where the speaker is. As you get down the last set of steps, turn right and you'll see a new kiosk. This is the special order kiosk while Tess is on vay-cay.

• Advertisement

Head towards where the speaker is. As you get down the last set of steps, turn right and you'll see a new kiosk. This is the special order kiosk while Tess is on vay-cay.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, right.

I feel like a Destiny noob.... where is UnagiSan... I need some guidance!:D

I have my original Titan that's at lvl 23 but I've abandoned him to go through the story which I'm actually quite enjoying this time around.

My biggest problem will be when I hit lvl 20 and have to try figure out how the light works

Don't worry about your light level. It will increase as you find/buy better armour. Get through the story and then you could try some crucible once you have some decent weapons, or start on the Strike Playlists. Weapon, armour and engram drops are quite regular now in the Strikes.

If you have HoW, you could also try some Prison of Elders. That starts at level 28. End game content is not really accessible until you hit level 30. It's not much fun going into these modes underleveled though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This is fahooking quick

The HM05 does some good stuff. His other videos and twitch stream are well worth a gander.

It's a pity there's no commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Yep, that's where you'll get 'em. Shader looks best on warlock imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, right.

I feel like a Destiny noob.... where is UnagiSan... I need some guidance!:D

Cheeky fecker! :P

(Unless you're referring to somone else.)

Like Steve said just play the game. If you have DLC we can run you through the Crota quest to get you legendary arms, we can also run you through a VOG on Normal and see can you get any other legendary armour. Once you've done that I'd try have Vanguard at Rank 3 so you can use your Vanguard Marks. Also start to play crucible. This will give you Crucible Marks and give you more options to buy armour.

Jump into a fire team with me tonight and I'll have a look at you're gear and see where we need to go to get you up a few levels.

where is UnagiSan
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheeky fecker! :P

(Unless you're referring to somone else.)

234279-unagi.gif

damn it - i was close!

Unagi_San is way better than Usagi_San though.

Admin Position Available - Apply Within

:pac:

but not really though

• Advertisement

I wonder, even with no more burn modifiers on Skolas, would this location strategy/cheese still work?

19 days left to take him out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement