Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Oh well, what a fruitful Xbox afternoon, completed the bad juju (again) and thorn bounties from scratch (I saw the thorn bounty drop for me this morning and I already had partially completed the bad juju one so I saw this as a chance to do them both at the same time!). Found a safe way of soloing your woman that xylor of whatever her name is.

Wanted to do the thorn one before TTK. Now I need to complete the other 3 HoW exotics before the 15th and I am done on Xbox.

I think I already have 3 bounties so I will just do Skolas a few times this week and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Oh well, what a fruitful Xbox afternoon, completed the bad juju (again) and thorn bounties from scratch (I saw the thorn bounty drop for me this morning and I already had partially completed the bad juju one so I saw this as a chance to do them both at the same time!). Found a safe way of soloing your woman that xylor of whatever her name is.

Wanted to do the thorn one before TTK. Now I need to complete the other 3 HoW exotics before the 15th and I am done on Xbox.

I think I already have 3 bounties so I will just do Skolas a few times this week and dusted

I'll do Skolas with you. I've an elder cipher sitting on my titan for over a month now that I haven't bothered touching.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Can I ask what void weapon(s) did you use for the Thorn bounty?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just do Skolas normally, its not difficult at all. All you need is a bit of communication to stop shooting him at certain times and to move the taint around.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll do Skolas with you. I've an elder cipher sitting on my titan for over a month now that I haven't bothered touching.

Sure man... maybe during the weekend? or when otherwise? Tomorrow if you want?
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Can I ask what void weapon(s) did you use for the Thorn bounty?

I used word of crota, PR or a void shotty and truth, it was painful but completed it in the end

Oh I also forgot I completed the flawless rider trophy as well on Xbox today... and everything on my own, I am so proud of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Didn't think there was anything particularly exciting in that. Certainly not going to lose my **** over some extra vault space that should have been a given
    Just do Skolas normally, its not difficult at all. All you need is a bit of communication to stop shooting him at certain times and to move the taint around.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cormac... wrote: »

Cheers for your well thought out response

Sure man... maybe during the weekend? or when otherwise? Tomorrow if you want?

I used word of crota, PR or a void shotty and truth, it was painful but completed it in the end

Oh I also forgot I completed the flawless rider trophy as well on Xbox today as well... and everything on my own, I am so proud of me!

Yea weekend is fine. You can help me get flawless raider as well.

Yea weekend is fine. You can help me get flawless raider as well.

We have a plan then!

We have a plan then!

Will be on later to play some crucible if your around.

• Advertisement

Will be on later to play some crucible if your around.

I am switching to PS4 to help one of the guys here with Skolas but maybe after that :)

I am switching to PS4 to help one of the guys here with Skolas but maybe after that :)

I'd say there's a queue forming :D

Cheers for your well thought out response

The way I see it is if players are finding Skolas difficult and are sharing different strategies I don't see how:
    Just do Skolas normally, its not difficult at all.

Is "well thought out" as responses go, or even helpful that matter.

It's a thinly veiled "I/We can do it easily" statement.

A lot of players have watched videos, read guides, tried different weeks (when modifiers change), tried in different groups, changed weapons etc ad-nauseum and are still having a lot of difficulty beating him for a variety of reasons. "Do it normally, it's not hard" is of no help to them.

Hence the rolling of my eyes

I read this thread every day, the vast majority of posts are from people saying they haven't gotten around to trying it yet, if I recall correctly there have only been a couple saying they've tried and not succeeded. So I still think doing it normally is the best way forward. You included my other post in your original response so clearly your issue is with me. Sorry for not being really enthusiastic about the most hype coming out of a big reveal for a 40 quid game being vault space.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

You included my other post in your original response so clearly your issue is with me.

It was simply as it was another throwaway 1 liner, that's why I quoted it. It added nothing came across as negative for negatives sake.
    Sorry for not being really enthusiastic about the most hype coming out of a big reveal for a 40 quid game being vault space.

They said beforehand the reveal (which was reveal 1 of 3) would cover the exact same things it covered which was the Tower and "Quality of Life" changes/improvements.

Straight from the horses mouth:
    https://i.imgur.com/KmEg4zt.png

I don't know what you expected. They said they are going to show us how the game, tower, armour, levelling, factions etc will work in year 2, and that's what we got. It was exactly the same as the HoW 1st reveal so I'm sure people knew what to expect.

The only people who claim that the Vault space alone is worth €40 are either saying it tounge in cheek or are just mental people in twitch chat etc.

The feedback on the reveal has been almost universally and objectively good aside from 1) Year 1 weapons not available to ascend being in Year 2 and 2) the Inclusion/Elimination of some Year 1 Exotics into the new "Version 2" setup.

Let's not pretend the €40 doesn't also get you:
    8 Crucible Maps
    3/4 Strikes (not seen this confirmed just yet)
    8+ Story Missions
    1 Raid
    New Petrol Zone.
    Not top mention the redoing of existing strikes bing "Taken-ified", Court of Oryx, New Exotics etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

A Petrol Zone?, will be able to actually fuel our ships for the hours upon hours of loading time. YES!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The only people who claim that the Vault space alone is worth €40 are either saying it tounge in cheek or are just mental people in twitch chat etc.

And just like any other world changes the vault space will be available for all guardians along with the vendor gear even if they don't buy Taken King, just like with TDB and HoW so I don't know what everyone is moaning about.

It's not like there will be a seperate tower without the new gear or terminals for people who don't buy:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I read this thread every day, the vast majority of posts are from people saying they haven't gotten around to trying it yet, if I recall correctly there have only been a couple saying they've tried and not succeeded. So I still think doing it normally is the best way forward. You included my other post in your original response so clearly your issue is with me.

Sorry for not being really enthusiastic about the most hype coming out of a big reveal for a 40 quid game being vault space.

You may not be enthusiastic but you'll still buy it!

When I first heard about the price I thought it was a bit steep, and yes extra Vault Space was a given with TTK. I'm looking forward to it though can't wait for a shot of the bow....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Am I right in thinking that the strikes that were formerly ps4 exclusives are coming to Xbox with ttk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Am I right in thinking that the strikes that were formerly ps4 exclusives are coming to Xbox with ttk?

The new Taken versions of them are, not the original strikes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got my first Legendary there, a helmet with some pretty great (for me) upgrades. Still got a crap weapon, but whatever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I seem to remember reading that both versions will be available to us poor xboxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I still haven't tried Skolas myself.

The only problem is that I've been out of my house for 6 weeks and I've another 6 weeks or more before I can move back. The internet where I am now is quite unreliable. I doubt it would stay active for the required time without booting me from the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I seem to remember reading that both versions will be available to us poor xboxers.

Yiz won't be that poor when Ms Lara Croft moans her way to Xbox land for a whole year before PS4...

If there was an emoticon for jealousy I'd post it...

Kiith wrote: »
    Got my first Legendary there, a helmet with some pretty great (for me) upgrades. Still got a crap weapon, but whatever :P

What level are you at now? I can give you a hand with the Raid/Weekly etc so you can hit 30+ this weekend

I didn't know that, for some reason I thought they got both
    PlainP wrote: »
    Yiz won't be that poor when Ms Lara Croft moans her way to Xbox land for a whole year before PS4...

If there was an emoticon for jealousy I'd post it...

Some combination of these -> :mad: & :(

Sure Uncharted is pretty much gonna be the same game, albeit without the British accent. We'll be swimming in Nolan North!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How did yous get on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Crota missions are stupidly difficult. The last room of the Awakening mission is bloody insane. No way i'll be completing that anywhere near the recommended level.
    What level are you at now? I can give you a hand with the Raid/Weekly etc so you can hit 30+ this weekend

25 now. Just trying to get my Vanguard rep up a bit, so i can buy some armour. Defo up for some grouping over the weekend if you're about though.

Kiith wrote: »
    25 now. Just trying to get my Vanguard rep up a bit, so i can buy some armour. Defo up for some grouping over the weekend if you're about though.

Send me a friend request so:
    GenericDreadHead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

How did yous get on?

All hail the mighty Fats!!! :D:D:pac::pac:

Dragged my sorry ass through Skolas in 2 hours! It took me longer than should have been necessary to learn his plan, and what a plan it is! He had the mines down to a T. Knew how much time was left on the taint timer even when we were carrying it! :eek:

I had a few brain dead moments where somebody would ask "How much time is left?", I'd look around to see who had the essence, spot 00:02 on the devouring timer and collapse!! :(

Other than that, once I learned the routine, it actually didn't feel that insanely hard, which is hard to believe! Everything that happened was to his plan, I take my hat off, Bohrio you're awesome! Also, I got my first (2!!) elder ciphers which was nice too boot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement