Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

PetKing wrote: »
    All hail the mighty Fats!!! :D:D:pac::pac:

Dragged my sorry ass through Skolas in 2 hours! It took me longer than should have been necessary to learn his plan, and what a plan it is! He had the mines down to a T. Knew how much time was left on the taint timer even when we were carrying it! :eek:

I had a few brain dead moments where somebody would ask "How much time is left?", I'd look around to see who had the essence, spot 00:02 on the devouring timer and collapse!! :(

Other than that, once I learned the routine, it actually didn't feel that insanely hard, which is hard to believe! Everything that happened was to his plan, I take my hat off, Bohrio you're awesome! Also, I got my first (2!!) elder ciphers which was nice too boot!

Ahh! thanks for that man

You were very patient and in the end we did it. It will get easier the more you do it and the more you familiarize with the mechanics, it gets to a point when you just know how long your team mates have the essence for and even when the adds are going to spawn and how to time it so you dont get too many adds between mines... the other poor guy didnt know what to do at all, so that make things more difficult but once we familiarize with the plan its pretty easy.

We did well IMO, I probably should have explained things better that would have prevented us from wiping a couple of times

Also, the 2 elder cipher is a glitch and unfortunately you will only get one weapon out of it! chose wisely! (get the sniper) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

R.I.P Gjallarhorn
    Did you redesign Gjallarhorn?
    Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

R.I.P Gjallarhorn

Xur giveth. Bungie taketh away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ahh! thanks for that man

You were very patient and in the end we did it. It will get easier the more you do it and the more you familiarize with the mechanics, it gets to a point when you just know how long your team mates have the essence for and even when the adds are going to spawn and how to time it so you dont get too many adds between mines... the other poor guy didnt know what to do at all, so that make things more difficult but once we familiarize with the plan its pretty easy.

We did well IMO, I probably should have explained things better that would have prevented us from wiping a couple of times

Also, the 2 elder cipher is a glitch and unfortunately you will only get one weapon out of it! chose wisely! (get the sniper) lol

I still remember the time you explained Crota with sound effects :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

R.I.P Gjallarhorn

I agree, its a goner, howerver, during the stream your man on the right (Tim or something like that) said that only some year one exotics will be carried over to TTK, and then he added "for now"...

I think they never though ghorn would be so determinant and they wont be bringing it across but we will see.

It def seems more likely since Xur sold it last week, another strategic move from Bungie, and here we though they were just being nice to everyone... nah its all part of their master plan! These guys are very smart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So what weapons would folks like see come up for sale next? Vex? :pac:

Actually, do the exact same Xur items appear for PS & Xbox players or are they different? I was thinking it would be nice if Monte Carlo came up but that's still a PS exclusive so maybe can't appear if they share the same items.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No he's never sold a PS exclusive so we must all get the same stuff. There's nothing I need except the Fate of all Fools.
    I'm not unhappy over the Ghally it's overused (that's probably just bitterness as it took me so long to get one) . Was heartbroken when they nerfed the Suros but you move on, I guess *hugs thorn one last time*

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They'll add the other year one exotics as paid dlc down the line probably :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think they should add a method to upgrade but not at launch, the new equipment should be used to get up in level and then later let us acend the old stuff same as with the house of wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ahh! thanks for that man

Good man Bohrio, another successful carry assistance. I'd say there's not too many people left without their "Moments of Triumph" left to do now on PS4
    R.I.P Gjallarhorn

F**k, cest-la-vie, I'm glad to not be using the same 20 weapons for another 6 months
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    So what weapons would folks like see come up for sale next? Vex? :pac:

Actually, do the exact same Xur items appear for PS & Xbox players or are they different? I was thinking it would be nice if Monte Carlo came up but that's still a PS exclusive so maybe can't appear if they share the same items.

Xur can only sell 13 of the Exotic weapons and Vex isn't one of them, I'll elaborate more in a bit
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    They'll add the other year one exotics as paid dlc down the line probably :p

I'd imagine it would be "Free DLC" but launched at the same time as "Paid DLC" (Expansion 3 and 4) seeing as it's a QoL change. I'd rather that theres just 30 well thought out weapons that feel Exotic and not just a bunch of Yellow-Legendaries

• Advertisement

Mask of Third Man - But it if you don't already have it
    Eternal Warrior - Crap and looks creepy
    Starfire Protocal - Some people like it, but's very B-Tier (maybe even C-Tier imho)
    Thunderlord - Buy it if you have coins spare, otherwise it's "meh" (B-Tier)
    Chest Piece Engram

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Varik wrote: »
    I think they should add a method to upgrade but not at launch, the new equipment should be used to get up in level and then later let us acend the old stuff same as with the house of wolves.

I'm torn on this issue, to be honest.

On one hand, if they continue to allow all weapons to level up - it reduces the need for new weapons and the interest in loot drops - oh i got a primary weapons without Burn? Whatever... shards! If we continue to level up weapons, we will contine to use VoC, Fatebringer etc for 90% of what we do, because they will be top tier weapons. By moving on from them, the excitement over any weapon drop will increase. The use of different weapons will increase (in the short term anyway). Destiny will feel different and have a greater point to play.

However, I can also see an argument that this isn't Destiny 2 we are talking about, it is DLC for Destiny 1. I can understand the above arguements for a proper sequel more than I can DLC for the current game. We may be moving on to year 2, but that isn't the same as moving on to Destiny 2.

As it stands, it feels like they have treated Year 1 as a beta, and are negating basically all of our efforts in that time. Armour you got? Pretty useless from here. Most of the weapons? Pretty useless from here? Those marks you got? Pretty useless from here.

I'm glad destiny is evolving, and I will continue to play because I enjoy it - but when they talk about you Guardian telling a story of your exploits, it rings hollow when a DLC drops and they say (a) we are completely changing everything about everything (b) all the stuff you did means relatively little now and (c) if you didn't play the game from the start, don't worry about it, here is a consumable that will get you most the way there as if you did put loads of hours in.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »

I'd imagine it would be "Free DLC" but launched at the same time as "Paid DLC" (Expansion 3 and 4) seeing as it's a QoL change. I'd rather that theres just 30 well thought out weapons that feel Exotic and not just a bunch of Yellow-Legendaries

Yeah I was joking.

I'd rather have all the year one exotics still viable, would leave us with a huge pool of exotics and mean more variety available to players. I don't mind them ditching the legendaries though.

And as Mitch said, this is still dlc for Destiny 1 not a new game so stands to reason all content should still be a goer.

The rejigging of the entire game feels like we're only finally reaching what the game should have been a year ago with this release.

^ Indeed, worlds longest Beta :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Mask of Third Man - But it if you don't already have it
    Starfire Protocal - Some people like it, but's very B-Tier (maybe even C-Tier imho)
    Thunderlord - Buy it if you have coins spare, otherwise it's "meh" (B-Tier)
    Chest Piece Engram

Whatever Xur sells from now on is gonna be a major letdown :(

For the New people

Xur Cannot Sell|Why Not?|
    Invective|Exotic Bounty|
    Bad Juju|Exotic Bounty|
    Pocket Infinity|Exotic Bounty|
    Super Good Advice|Exotic Bounty|
    Thorn|Exotic Bounty|
    Hawkmoon|PS4 Exclusive|
    Monte Carlo|PS4 Exclusive|
    The 4th Horseman|PS4 Exclusive|
    Lord of Wolves|PoE Elder Cipher|
    Dregs Promise|PoE Elder Cipher|
    Queenbreakers Bow|PoE Elder Cipher|
    Nechrochasm|Raid Boss Reward (CE)|
    Vex Mythoclast|Raid Boss Reward (VoG)|

Xur Can Sell:
    • Dragons Breath
    • Gjallarhorn
    • Hard Light
    • Mida Multi-Tool
    • No Land Beyond
    • Pateience and Time
    • Plan C
    • Red Death
    • Suros Regime
    • The Last Word
    • Thunrderlord
    • Truth
    • Universal Remote

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I dunno, the unstoppable perk makes it kind of worth having imo, especially if you can't be doing without Shoulder Charge on your Striker

How does Thunderlord stack up against BTRD 365? I don't have any exotic machine guns but dunno if it's worth the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd like to ditch Year 1 Exotics, perhaps because I've played it quite a lot so I'm bored of them all. The game was probably at its most fun when i didn't have elemental primaries etc. and had to take down Praetorians' shields with a dodgy 240 void fusion rifle. I know its DLC but its quite a large expansion so I wouldn't mind dropping back to that level.

I'm aware I could make all of that happen myself but I don't think its something you'd ever bring yourself to do willingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I dunno, the unstoppable perk makes it kind of worth having imo, especially if you can't be doing without Shoulder Charge on your Striker

How does Thunderlord stack up against BTRD 365? I don't have any exotic machine guns but dunno if it's worth the slot.

You won't ever find yourself in a situation saying "Dammit I don't have my Thunderlord" but it sounds pretty cool and is a decent MG. Not worth wasting an exotic slot on if you have the BTARD is all.

Ok which year 1 Exotics are being upgraded in year 2? Between the reveal and the stream I was able to spot the following

WEAPONS

Primary
    Suros Regime
    Monte Carlo
    The Last Word
    Hawkmoon
    Bad JuJu

Secondary
    The 4th Horseman
    Pocket Infinity?

Heavy
    Thunderlord
    Truth

ARMOUR

Warlock
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Obsidian Mind
    Voidfang Vestments

• Advertisement

Unstoppable is only so-so, if you die using FoH before you land at least you spawn back and still have it. If you're running Striker, The Armenatarium is a better choice. Helm of Inmost light gives Unstoppable AND Death from Above. Eternal Warrior is C-Tier for Perks, F-Tier for looks.

Thunderlord is overrated don't get me wrong it is better than the BRTD and Joldrs Hammer (even the god tier rolls) but it takes your exotic slot and isn't as good as Truth with it's 3 or 4 guaranteed across-the-map kills.

It's a really good weapon, the only annoyance I have with it is the main perk (Lightning Rounds). By the time you notice that perk coming into play you're usually close to the end of the mag. And you have to pick between Field Scout and Perfect Stability (which is like Sophies choice on high impact MGs)

Datto Agrees it's "B-Tier" (well he calls it B+ Tier, but he also has an S-Tier, bluegh) - Skip to the last minute or so for Thuderlord

It's a throwback to the videos here from January
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/88821465/1/0

I'm glad Hawkmoon et al are included at least, so we actually get to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seems they included the PvP exotics (bar Thorn, thank god).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm glad Hawkmoon et al are included at least, so we actually get to use them.

If your lucky enough to Hawkmoon. I have a feeling I'll be Xurning mine a la Gjallahorn

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Ok which year 1 Exotics are being upgraded in year 2? Between the reveal and the stream I was able to spot the following

WEAPONS

Primary
    Suros Regime
    Monte Carlo
    The Last Word
    Hawkmoon
    Bad JuJu

Secondary
    The 4th Horseman
    Pocket Infinity?

Heavy
    Thunderlord
    Truth

ARMOUR

Warlock
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Obsidian Mind
    Voidfang Vestments

Am I right in saying the XB1 guys get hawkmoon, 4th horseman and monte carlo now?

I though they were just year one exclusives for ye PS4 gimps ;):cool:?

AdamD wrote: »
    Seems they included the PvP exotics (bar Thorn, thank god).

I find TLW much worse, the time to kill is riduclulously quick. it's getting nerfed though so hopefully won't be as bad then.

Am I right in saying the XB1 guys get hawkmoon, 4th horseman and monte carlo now?

We will be yeah, I presume they'll be in game without the need to buy TTK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

WEAPONS

Primary
    Suros Regime
    Monte Carlo
    The Last Word
    Hawkmoon
    Bad JuJu

Up until now I was going with the flow but DEAR GOD you've just sent my day on a downward spiral, where the hell is MIDA, that sh1t better appear as an upgradable or I'll be mighty pissed.

The Xbox guys should have access to the year 1 versions without buying Taken King, the year 2 versions like all the other dlc exotics will probably require it.

The Xbox guys should have access to the year 1 versions without buying Taken King, the year 2 versions like all the other dlc exotics will probably require it.

Thanks mate!

• Advertisement

I find TLW much worse, the time to kill is riduclulously quick. it's getting nerfed though so hopefully won't be as bad then.

We will be yeah, I presume they'll be in game without the need to buy TTK too.

Wonder will they be exotic drops/quest/or something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement