Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    Up until now I was going with the flow but DEAR GOD you've just sent my day on a downward spiral, where the hell is MIDA, that sh1t better appear as an upgradable or I'll be mighty pissed.

There is still a possibility as neither of the two test accounts shown had MIDA. Be a bit disappointing if it isn't seeing as it is the only year 1 exotic scout rifle and the only confirmed year 2 scout rifle, the Jade Rabbit, is a PS exclusive.

Confirmed unupgradables weapons

Primary
    Necrochasm
    Hard Light
    Vex Mythoclast
    Red Death
    Thorn

Secondary
    Invective
    Ice Breaker
    Universal Remote

Heavy
    Super Good Advice
    Gjallarhorn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I find TLW much worse, the time to kill is riduclulously quick. it's getting nerfed though so hopefully won't be as bad then.

We will be yeah, I presume they'll be in game without the need to buy TTK too.

TLW can be made to work, I think no matter what the Thorn burn is just idiotic for competitive multiplayer. Stopping health revive for that long is just so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

There is still a possibility as neither of the two test accounts shown had MIDA. Be a bit disappointing if it isn't seeing as it is the only year 1 exotic scout rifle and the only confirmed year 2 scout rifle, the Jade Rabbit, is a PS exclusive.

Primary
    Necrochasm
    Hard Light
    Vex Mythoclast
    Red Death
    Thorn

Secondary
    Invective
    Ice Breaker
    Universal Remote

Heavy
    Super Good Advice
    Gjallarhorn

Some poor decisions there. Necrochasm was a really rare drop and complete garbage anyway so never got used. Hard light, invective and super good advice also never had a chance to shine due to poor stats or badly timed specific weapon nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Varik wrote: »
    I think they should add a method to upgrade but not at launch, the new equipment should be used to get up in level and then later let us acend the old stuff same as with the house of wolves.

Nope. Nein. Nej. Não. No offence but it looks like you've joined the salty Reddit brigade asking for ascension. Everyone here is knowledgeable enough to be able to handle the new changes and so should be above that.
    It was apparent very early in HoW that ascension made 99.987654321% of new weapons unfashionable. There should have been a limit. I'll miss Found Verdict as much as the next Fallen Captain but it's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whatever about peoples personally preferences making the 2 Raid weapons Exotics not Upgradeable is f**king stupid, those should be lauded as the most sought after weapons

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonder will they be exotic drops/quest/or something else.

Think they're all just drops on PS4 so will be the same for us I'd imagine. Would be nice if they made that stuff available a week or two before TTK comes out actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Must say I'm surprised to see Nechrochasm won't be upgradable. Don't have it yet myself but have the Crux and just had the Husk of the Pit drop for me a few days ago after the patch.

The fact that so few people will have it going into Year 2 should have been a good reason to allow for it to be upgraded. I'll probably not bother straining to get to Rank 3 with Eric's Mom now

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Am I right in saying the XB1 guys get hawkmoon, 4th horseman and monte carlo now?

I though they were just year one exclusives for ye PS4 gimps ;):cool:?

I've been saving up some Legendary engrams in the hope that I'll get one of these guns come September. Don't even know if they'll be eligible to decrypt into Hawkmoon etc, but it's worth a try. No need for any new legendaries at the moment :o

I've been saving up some Legendary engrams in the hope that I'll get one of these guns come September. Don't even know if they'll be eligible to decrypt into Hawkmoon etc, but it's worth a try. No need for any new legendaries at the moment :o

The rewards are predetermined once the Engram drops

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, in the other dlcs it was only engrams that dropped after the update that could give you new stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate change but the reality is I've hardly used another gun since the Fatebringer went 365.
    I'll be keeping some "useless" guns in the vault for old times sake and just in case.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whatever about peoples personally preferences making the 2 Raid weapons not Upgradeable is f**king stupid, those should be lauded as the most sought after weapons

I have to disagree......... I think they need to be retired. Everybody uses Fatebringer, VoC etc when doing any high level end game content. There's no variety anymore! I'm looking forward to seeing and using new guns.

Yeah, in the other dlcs it was only engrams that dropped after the update that could give you new stuff.

True. But these weapons are Vanilla Destiny weapons (apart from 4th Horseman), so I have a glimmer of hope :pac:

I'll let ye know what happens come 15/09.

I have to disagree......... I think they need to be retired. Everybody uses Fatebringer, VoC etc when doing any high level end game content. There's no variety anymore! I'm looking forward to seeing and using new guns.

Sorry, I meant the 2 Raid EXOTICS (Vex and Necrochasm)

Cormac was talking about the two raid exotics not the legendaty drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

At least the Vex had it's moment in the Sun. I remember using it after it had been nerfed and buffed again (the first time) and I was godlike in Crucible. I even considered setting up a youtube account. Then they nerfed it again :(

The poor Necrochasm never had a chance. It really should be upgradeable.

Sorry, I meant the 2 Raid EXOTICS (Vex and Necrochasm)

Ahhh....... totally agree now!!

Love the Vex (would miss this one), but hardly used the Necrochasm. I noticed Hard Light is in the list sniper_samurai put together of unupgradable exotics. Didn't Bungie say they were buffing Hard Light and Necrochasm?

Might give some hope that they'll add more to the Year 2 collection at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I found myself never using VOC and fatebringer once HoW dropped. The ToO weapons and a whole variety of legendaries (admittedly rerolled a lot to suit purpose) became my go to weapons. I thought it was a reasonably well managed effort by bungie to move people on.

I can understand bungies need to do this though as its a barrier to new players. Levels the playing field somewhat and perhaps allows them to be a little smarter with the balance across weapon types going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I, personally, don't understand the complaints about some Exotics and all Legendaries not upgrading to TTK levels. What Bungie are doing is nothing that Blizzard (WoW) / Turbine (LotRO) / Trion (Rift) / ArenaNet (GW) / NCSoft (Aion) / Bioware (SWToR) have done in the past and with every expansion. The previous BiS items become obsolete and everyone has to go get the new "Must Haves".

I'm sure most of us have played at least one of the above for some time, and never thought twice about a new expansion rendering our current items sub par. Like it or not, Destiny has got MMO elements to it, and new expansions bringing new BiS items is part and parcel of that. As Optimus said, ascension rendered pretty much most HoW drops useless, and Bungie saw this. They kinda shot themselves in the foot in some respects by making VoG weapons so bloody good. I wouldn't swap Fatebringer or VoC for any other except Red Death when running Crota HM.

Gjallahorn was just so damned perfect that they have to leave it at year one levels. I only got mine from Xur last week. If the only benefit it provides me is getting Skolas done, so be it. Yes, it was the one Exotic I really wanted, but I still managed to do everything bar Skolas without it. It'll still be usable up to a certain point in new expansion, then we'll start seeing how good the new and upgraded exotics are. Sleeper Simulant looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Like Steve said just play the game. If you have DLC we can run you through the Crota quest to get you legendary arms, we can also run you through a VOG on Normal and see can you get any other legendary armour. Once you've done that I'd try have Vanguard at Rank 3 so you can use your Vanguard Marks. Also start to play crucible. This will give you Crucible Marks and give you more options to buy armour.

Jump into a fire team with me tonight and I'll have a look at you're gear and see where we need to go to get you up a few levels.

sorry i missed your post yesterday ive added you now
    Don't worry about your light level. It will increase as you find/buy better armour. Get through the story and then you could try some crucible once you have some decent weapons, or start on the Strike Playlists. Weapon, armour and engram drops are quite regular now in the Strikes.

If you have HoW, you could also try some Prison of Elders. That starts at level 28. End game content is not really accessible until you hit level 30. It's not much fun going into these modes underleveled though.

made it to lvl 18 last night with some help from cable.

• Advertisement

Agree with Solvable but NOT in the case of Vex and Necrochasm tbh, as Conovar said, we're still in Year 1, those should not be left behind. The Necrochasm is F**king painful to get. If they leave them all behind in Destiny 2, well fair enough

1: Rely on RNG to get Gun in a single mission where play over and over killing the only Sword knight
    2: Kill 500 Hive
    3: Rank up Eris
    4: Spent Materials to ascend and level up
    5: Get Crux which drops at a VERY low rate on Hard mode only
    6: Spend more materials and Exotic Shard to get 365 Necrochasm

That kind of work should be rewarded

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Primary
    Necrochasm
    Hard Light
    Vex Mythoclast
    Red Death
    Thorn

Secondary
    Invective
    Ice Breaker
    Universal Remote

Heavy
    Super Good Advice
    Gjallarhorn

I wouldn't say there confirmed. Look at this screenshot and you can see Red Death is available.

I wouldn't say there confirmed. Look at this screenshot and you can see Red Death is available.

That isn't red death is it?

No it isn't. The test account in the reveal trailer didn't have Red Death, but had that year 2 exotic. Deejs test account had Red Death, but didn't have that year 2 exotic. It could be No Time to Explain.

Is that not the New Black and Red Suros?

Agree with Solvable but NOT in the case of Vex and Necrochasm tbh, as Conovar said, we're still in Year 1, those should not be left behind. The Necrochasm is F**king painful to get. If they leave them all behind in Destiny 2, well fair enough

1: Rely on RNG to get Gun in a single mission where play over and over killing the only Sword knight
    2: Kill 500 Hive
    3: Rank up Eris
    4: Spent Materials to ascend and level up
    5: Get Crux which drops at a VERY low rate on Hard mode only
    6: Spend more materials and Exotic Shard to get 365 Necrochasm

That kind of work should be rewarded

In relation to the Raid Exotics, yes I can understand that maybe they should come up to TTK levels.

The one at the top is yes. The possible year 2 Red Death is the last one on the second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The last icon in the primary section looks like it to me anyway.
    That image was taken from the Teaser released on Monday. In the reveal on Wednesday it looks like Bad JuJu is in that spot. So hard to know but I'd say Red Death will get a spot seen as its a well balanced PvP gun.

I presume he thought the one below and to the right from that was Red Death, it uses the same asset for sure but it isn't red enough.
    The last icon in the primary section looks like it to me anyway.
    That image was taken from the Teaser released on Monday. In the reveal on Wednesday it looks like Bad JuJu is in that spot. So hard to know but I'd say Red Death will get a spot seen as its a well balanced PvP gun.

It's the same asset as red death but the paint job is different.

• Advertisement

How they can justify bringing Monte Carlo, The 4th Horseman and Thunderlord into Year 2 versions but not Vex and Necrochasm is f**king beyond me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement