Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah yeah I guess you can be unlucky but the drops in CE are significantly better than VOG in my experience. VOG was painful - I was late to the Raid party and it took me ages to catch up. Eventually got to 30 via IB. Now when I run VOG it's nearly always on hard and the drops are better 'cos they are double.
    Blackhammer is so much fun against bosses - you'll be happy when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing the CE Raid last night and No Land Beyond dropped for me. Is the general consensus just to get the free Exotic Shard from it? I struggle to see the point of the perk being to equip a sniper rifle as a primary weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I've had No Shard Beyond drop three times now. I sharded two ... but I have kept one as there seems to be a consensus that Bungie are going to buff it (de-bug it) at some stage down the line. I'd keep it just in case that happens ... but it does certainly seem to be a common drop.

I can almost see the conversation at Bungie.

"so .. eh ... Steve ... we're going to need you to revise the loot table again."

"okay Dave ... what do you need"

"We need you to up the drop rate of No Land Beyond"

"What!? Dave ... you know there isn't a single player using this weapon for anything other than novelty value, right!? here ... look at the stats"

"Look Steve, look ... you know that the boss feels bad about the fact that his son in design put in all that effort to design a cool looking exotic but now nobody is using it ... can't you just change the damn loot table so people will just be forced to use it? I mean ... a few bumps in the use stats will make him feel better"

"Sure Dave ... I guess it'll give people a free shard all the same"

"Attaboy Steve. Have a cookie"

I was playing the CE Raid last night and No Land Beyond dropped for me. Is the general consensus just to get the free Exotic Shard from it? I struggle to see the point of the perk being to equip a sniper rifle as a primary weapons.

I have one and intend to keep it. Then when Bungie make it a fully automatic long distance armour penetrating one hit kill killing machine I'm going into the crucible to wreak havoc.
    It also looks pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

In fairness it does look cool. I nearly bought it the first time Xur sold it based purely on how good it looked... maybe if I had it wouldn't keep dropping for me?
    Hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on tonight to run any of the raids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Calling out to take Crota's shield down: "I tell all my team mates to 'av him now!".

Rockets Away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

There may actually be a chance that VoG and pre-DLC armour are getting buffs which may see VoG raised to level 32 as someone suggested. Have a look at this:

http://youtu.be/Nz9k_nUiGis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I wouldn't shard NLB, soon you'll be swimming in Exotic Shards and it will get buffed at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    I wouldn't shard NLB, soon you'll be swimming in Exotic Shards and it will get buffed at some point.

That might be true, I keep thinking the same thing but then I think again and say to myself... how the hell are they going to buff that??

I just can think of anything that is buffable.. more impact? more range? automatically charges? unlimited ammo? wait that would actually make the weapon pretty much useless!

• Advertisement

Much faster reloading and much higher impact, better not give it more ammo though!

I like the idea of a primary sniper though, if it was decent it would come in handy for certain parts of raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Just spent most of a VoG hard mode as an orb, shards and energy as usual then Atheon drops my second Gjallarhorn .
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    Just spent most of a VoG hard mode as an orb, shards and energy as usual then Atheon drops my second Gjallarhorn .

Tut tut tut :(

thebag89 wrote: »

Again proves my theory that you are more prone to get exotics you already have

I got 2 montecarlos today and red death... that's my 3 montecarlo! and then another hawkmoon...

Third blackhammer, another crux... and of course no land beyond... :S

Can't say I am ungrateful but seriously... why can't they figure out a system that will check what exotics you already have...

I guess I shouldnt complaint... good week so far, bad nightfall again though

I still need to run 3 crotas and 3 Vog on xbox :) But thats tomorrow

Bohrio wrote: »
    Again proves my theory that you are more prone to get exotics you already have

I got 2 montecarlos today and red death... that's my 3 montecarlo! and then another hawkmoon...

Third blackhammer, another crux... and of course no land beyond... :S

Can't say I am ungrateful but seriously... why can't they figure out a system that will check what exotics you already have...

I guess I shouldnt complaint... good week so far, bad nightfall again though

I still need to run 3 crotas and 3 Vog on xbox :) But thats tomorrow

I can help with those.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can help with those.

Perfect señor!

Oh guys I am writing this with tears in my eyes... but over 1300 hours later... finally, the moment I have been waiting for has come, the beast has finally dropped, and no, I am not talking about no land beyond...

I finally got this baby... first attempt on crota hard today

I saw it on the kill feed but didnt know it was me who got it until a friend told me...

I was suspicious as well as it didnt pop up when I quit to orbit

ps sorry for the full video didnt have time to re-trim it

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Congrats!!

And good sword play too!

Congrats!!

And good sword play too!

Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I finally got this baby... first attempt on crota hard today

Nice one man. Completed only my third VoG last night, in the vain hope of getting your Gjalla or Fate, and ended up with my third Vex. :o

EDIT: That should read VoG HM

• Advertisement

Soloing the the NF yesterday and my brother joined when I had the Nexus at 25-30% Despite his best efforts to get us both killed we finished it. Was sure he'd pick up something like the gjallahorn but he ended up with energy. He was quite unlucky he must have had 3 or 4 kills.

I got 11 coins, changed characters and got another coin from an engram in the Tower, got 9 coins on the second NF and 9 more from the weekly. 30 coins in under an hour, oh how times have changed!

NF rewards have been dire in recent months. I remember when all this was just fields and you'd go into a nightfall and come back with an exotic.

Oh congrats Bohrio on the Gjallahron btw!

1300 hours?! Wat

1300 hours?! Wat

They should build a statue of him and put it in the Tower. Both the Xbox and PS Towers.

1300 hours?! Wat

Well yes, both PS4 and Xb1 together (not that it makes it any less pathetic)

Funny enough most people I play with (randoms or friends) are close enough to 1000 hours themselves, some of them are way over 1000

anyway, much less grinding now and I can focus on my xb1 now...

I have done everything on PS4, still need to run both raids on XB1

Well yes, both PS4 and Xb1 together (not that it makes it any less pathetic)

Funny enough most people I play with (randoms or friends) are close enough to 1000 hours themselves, some of them are way over 1000

anyway, much less grinding now and I can focus on my xb1 now...

I have done everything on PS4, still need to run both raids on XB1

Did you get it on PS4 ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you get it on PS4 ?

Yes! I always though I would get it on xbox first but goes to show you, still cursed on XB1

Who knows, I still have 3 CE and 3 VoG to do so maybe this time will be the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Anybody else not able to connect to PSN at all? Neither PS4 or Android App connecting. Same results on Wifi and Three Network

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anybody else not able to connect to PSN at all? Neither PS4 or Android App connecting. Same results on Wifi and Three Network

Sony are doing maintenance on the network for 3 1/2 hrs. Will be back up at 9pm......

Pain in the arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

That or Bungie is doing some epic trolling Haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement