Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    How they can justify bringing Monte Carlo, The 4th Horseman and Thunderlord into Year 2 versions but not Vex and Necrochasm is f**king beyond me

Presumably so us on Xbox actually get to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I presume he thought the one below and to the right from that was Red Death, it uses the same asset for sure but it isn't red enough.

It's the same asset as red death but the paint job is different.

They did say all the exotic weapons been carried over are going to be tweaked a little. Just look at Suros that's different to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I heard on a podcast recently that there have actually been more copies of Destiny sold on xb1 than ps4, they were speculating that its kind of a holdover from the Halo fans. Its a pity that the exclusivity deal is locked in for so long. At least with the likes of call of duty, stuff was only a month behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You would have been able to use the V1 versions regardless in September as Sniper said earlier

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They did say all the exotic weapons been carried over are going to be tweaked a little. Just look at Suros that's different to.

I thought that was just a new Suros gun altogether rather than a tweaked Suros Regime?

• Advertisement

You would have been able to use the V1 versions regardless in September as Sniper said earlier

Obviously, but why would anyone use them if they were stuck at year one levels? There would have been up roar if bungie made all the exclusive stuff obsolete as soon as it was finally available on the platform. It's a smart move on their part imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought that was just a new Suros gun altogether rather than a tweaked Suros Regime?

Its the year 2 Suros Regime in the exotic blueprints.

Looking back over the two videos and Emmet is right that is a year 2 Red Death.

Its the year 2 Suros Regime in the exotic blueprints.

Interesting, hadn't realised that. Maybe they've rebranded Red Death as Black Death then :pac:

Here is an updated list of exotics

NEW

WEAPONS

Primary
    No Time to Explain(pulse)
    Jade Rabbit(PS Exclusive scout)
    Unnamed WW2 MP-40 smg

Secondary
    Sleeper Simulant(Fusion in heavy slot)

YEAR 2 VERSIONS

WEAPONS

Primary
    Suros Regime
    Monte Carlo
    The Last Word
    Hawkmoon
    Bad JuJu
    Red Death

Secondary
    The 4th Horseman
    Pocket Infinity?

Heavy
    Thunderlord
    Truth

ARMOUR

Titan
    No Backup Plans

Warlock
    Light Beyond Nemesis
    Obsidian Mind
    Voidfang Vestments

YEAR 1 ONLY

WEAPONS

Primary
    Necrochasm
    Hard Light
    Vex Mythoclast
    Thorn

Secondary
    Invective
    Ice Breaker
    Universal Remote

Heavy
    Super Good Advice
    Gjallarhorn

UNKNOWN

WEAPONS

Primary
    MIDA Multitool

Secondary
    No Land Beyond
    Patience and Time
    Plan C
    Queensbreakers Bow
    Dregs Promise
    Lord of Wolves

Heavy
    Dragons Breath

ARMOUR

Titan
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Armamentarium
    ACD/0 Feedback Fence
    Ruin Wings
    Helm of Saint-14
    Helm of Inmost Light
    The Glasshouse
    An Insurmountable Skullfort
    Eternal Warrior
    Mk. 44 Stand Asides
    Peregrine Greaves

Hunter
    Mask of the Third Man
    Achlyophage Symbiote
    ATS/8 Arachnid
    Celestial Nighthawk
    Knucklehead Radar
    Don't Touch Me
    Khepri's Sting
    Young Ahamkara's Spine
    Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Lucky Raspberry
    Bones of Eao
    Radiant Dance Machines

Warlock
    Apotheosis Veil
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara
    The Ram
    Heart of the Praxic Fire
    Purifier Robes
    Starfire Protocol
    Claws of Ahamkara
    Nothing Manacles
    Sunbreakers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This all avoids the real question that needs to be answered. Will Helm of Saint 14 have a Year 2 variant?

• Advertisement

The salt is strong in me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'll probably not bother straining to get to Rank 3 with Eric's Mom now

Out of interest was that intentional or auto correct? I had a little chuckle to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This all avoids the real question that needs to be answered. Will Helm of Saint 14 have a Year 2 variant?

My first exotic. Got it early on too. No-one really knew what it did, just looked nice. Be sad if I couldn't take this over. They'd have to transfer the "blindy" perk but it just wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Out of interest was that intentional or auto correct? I had a little chuckle to myself.

I watched some guide video for Nechrochasm where the guy referred to her as that and now I can't help but do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Interesting, hadn't realised that. Maybe they've rebranded Red Death as Black Death then :pac:

From the clips I saw they basically explained all current exotics are 'relics of a golden age' and how to build these was lost when the traveler was damaged.

Now with TTK the armouries have discovered how to make new exotics. Sleeper Simulant etc. Because of this they can now remake old ones like Suros, Hawkmoon, TLW etc. But as these are 'Remakes' they are not exactly the same as the originals. Hence why the 'Remakes' will look slightly different, colour etc, they will also have slightly different perks. In the case of Suros Remake you can now activatly switch between two fire modes.

I think it was Planet Destiny, My Name is Byf or Datto who did a video on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I heard on a podcast recently that there have actually been more copies of Destiny sold on xb1 than ps4, they were speculating that its kind of a holdover from the Halo fans. Its a pity that the exclusivity deal is locked in for so long. At least with the likes of call of duty, stuff was only a month behind.

Really!?! I've never heard mention of it. Bungievision have been very quiet about sales in general for Destiny. And from my experience on Reddit and checking out other sites like the LFG ones, it always looks like there are more PS4 players than us Xboners.

I loved the Halo games back in the day. Halo 3 was one of my first online multiplayer experiences.

Really!?! I've never heard mention of it. Bungievision have been very quiet about sales in general for Destiny. And from my experience on Reddit and checking out other sites like the LFG ones, it always looks like there are more PS4 players than us Xboners.

I loved the Halo games back in the day. Halo 3 was one of my first online multiplayer experiences.

yeah, it was on the recent giantbombcast, they had said that they had been meaning to discuss it for a while, I think they were basing it off the NPD figures, so digital downloads arent counted.

I cant wait for Halo 5, that warzone mode looks like it'll be great.

If you look at the Boards clan as a microcosm:

168 Playstation players
    56 X-Box players

Exactly 1 third

If you look at the Boards clan as a microcosm:

168 Playstation players
    56 X-Box players

Exactly 1 third

They didn't talk about it for very long, so who knows how accurate it is. I dont know if it counts bundled in copies as a sale though? I'm sure there were plenty of people that bought ps4's and got the game packed in?

Its a pity games don't have a player count on the log on screens any more. i think titanfall was the last one I saw that actually showed how many people were in individual playlists.

Sounds like speculation and/or conjecture tbh.

It's fair to say Bungie know where their bread is buttered what with exclusivity deals.

It would be like saying CoD sold more than Battlefield on the X-Box..... well in this one shop in Mississippi anyway.... so it's more popular.

Bad massaging of figures grinds my gears (this is cause I work in analytics to be fair)

• Advertisement

Sounds like speculation and/or conjecture tbh.

It's fair to say Bungie know where their bread is buttered what with exclusivity deals.

It would be like saying CoD sold more than Battlefield on the X-Box..... well in this one shop in Mississippi anyway.... so it's more popular.

Bad massaging of figures grinds my gears (this is cause I work in analytics to be fair)

Says the guy who used the boards clan as his sample two posts previous :p

Seriously though, yeah I find it hard to believe there's more folks on Xbox than PS4 in general, every online community I've seen seems to be weighted more towards the PS4 in a big way.

Says the guy who used the boards clan as his sample two posts previous :p

Seriously though, yeah I find it hard to believe there's more folks on Xbox than PS4 in general, every online community I've seen seems to be weighted more towards the PS4 in a big way.

Curiosity got the better of me so I dug out the podcast. at the 2 hour 45 minute mark, they quote the fact that in recent NPD figures, destiny on XB1 is outselling the PS4, the question was posed as to why this was happening seeing as there is No mention of Xbox in any of the destiny advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

5: Get Crux which drops at a VERY low rate on Hard mode only

Uggh, have completed Crota hard 42 times now and still no crux. Unfortunately for me, it is not the answer to life, the universe, and everything :(.

Curiosity got the better of me so I dug out the podcast. at the 2 hour 45 minute mark, they quote the fact that in recent NPD figures, destiny on XB1 is outselling the PS4, the question was posed as to why this was happening seeing as there is No mention of Xbox in any of the destiny advertising.

Seems your right in terms of recent figures anyway, Destiny sold more on Xbox One than it did on PS4 in july: http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/13/july-2015-npd-ps4-xbox-one/

I'd say there's still more people over all playing it on PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

stevoslice wrote: »
    Uggh, have completed Crota hard 42 times now and still no crux. Unfortunately for me, it is not the answer to life, the universe, and everything :(.

Don't forget that the Crux drop is seriously borked too. Bungie have said they are trying to fix it.

If they pull an about face on this and introduce a V2 Vex and Nechrochasm, I'm never going to shut up about it by the way :pac:
    These are guns obtained from the games End-Game 6-Player Content.
    They drop on RNG and have low drops rates.

I've seen maybe 15 **Vex Mythoclast** drops in 50 VoG Hard Completions, thats 300 chances (6-Players), thats about a 5% chance.
    It's not even a god-tier weapon right now, and probably still won't be after the 2.0 Weapon Balancing Patch.

The **Necrochasm** is even harder to get (and it currently sucks).
    Since HoW dropped there is only 1 enemy in the game that drops the 1st weapon in this evolving chain and even he didn't drop it until 2 weeks ago due to a bug.
    Even once you get the Husk of the Pit you still need to get 500 points of hive kills with it, and it's total garbage by the way (46 attack).
    Then you also have to have Eris Morn ranked up to Rank 3 and buy and Orb, use that and THEN go about getting your Eidolon Ally upgraded somewhat.
    Then you have to rely on another RNG drop (Crux) from Crota Hard mode which seems to be pretty much ~5% too.

These 2 weapons are the rewards for the most complicated content in the game for the 6-man Fireteams Bungie is such a fan of advertising.
    **They are not even the best Exotics in the game, hell they aren't even the best Primaries (including legendaries)**

I'm salty cause it just seems like VoG and CE are now being pushed to one side in favour of the new Raid.
    I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Raid.
    I understand you don't want us using FB and VoC forever.
    Hell, I even understand if when Destiny 2 comes out, you abandon these old Exotics, but we're still playing Destiny 1

But you're willing to bring average Xur-bought Exotics into year 2 but cast aside the "Raid Exotics".
    ~~Monte Carlo, The 4th Horseman,~~ (Alright I get that they don't wanna burn the X-Box crowd twice with only releasing them at 365 max damage)
    **The Last Word, Thunderlord and many others are all gonna have Version 2 releases but 2 of the hardest to get weapons that require a ton of teamwork are not.**

Do I want FB, VoC, BH etc to be 400+ Damage? No
    Do I want CE and VoG Armour to have 42+ Light? No
    Do I still like the 2 existing Raids and find them fun? Yes

#**TL:DR**
    **Bungie You want to us have all these cool discussions with our friends and newbies about where we got our stuff, well doing 2 weekly matchmade strikes in 40 minutes to buy a Thurderlord does't quiet have the gravitas as getting a Necrochasm does it?**

What the hell Bungie?
    You're damn right I'm salty!

EDIT 1: I should mention I think there should be Year 2 versions as a kind of "Legacy" exotics, in a way to honour them.

EDIT 2: We're still playing Destiny 1. This is Year 2 of Destiny 1, don't let them make you think otherwise!

EDIT 3: The objectionably hardest weapon in the game should not be resigned to *"Taking it out in standard Clash or Patroling the Cosmodrome for the Lolz and old times sake"*

EDIT 4: I'm dehydrated

EDIT 5: /u/Mooretex had a great suggestion *"I have a theory (zero proof to back up this just pure speculation). Necrochasm was an evolving weapon and required the cruz to get exotic status. There could be a possibility that you might need a crux of oryx or something to get the next version of it. Also there is a mission in the Taken King involving revisiting the Vault of Glass, could possibly get something to evolve the Mythoclast. I can dream"* - This would be ideal, keeps them current in Year 2.

EDIT 6: Sweet delicious Friday Reddit Salt :D
    *I disagree with the OP on this, time to go through ALL his comments and replies and downvote*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I spent my lunch break looking for my old reddit password and upvoted this (whatever that means)

The suggestion that you could find things in the new DLC to upgrade them would be great.

Can't believe no-one mentioned no land beyond. Surely they have to turn this piece of cr*p into a monster?

Forgot to mention if you watch the video here

Old V1 Exotics (from Blueprints) have 160 Damage, new re-worked V2 Exotics (From Blueprints) have 280 Damage

75% extra damage right out of the box.

Going from Vanilla (300) to current (365) was ~21% increase

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I spent my lunch break looking for my old reddit password and upvoted this (whatever that means)

The suggestion that you could find things in the new DLC to upgrade them would be great.

Can't believe no-one mentioned no land beyond. Surely they have to turn this piece of cr*p into a monster?

Well there is a new WW2 styled exotic in year 2. Its an smg that can chain lightning across groups of enemies.

• Advertisement

Well there is a new WW2 styled exotic in year 2. Its an smg that can chain lightning across groups of enemies.

Just like one of the ones I've seen in the museums in Normandy so

F**king Nicholas Tesla

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement