Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really hate Xur and all his cryptic nonsense but this makes me giddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

PetKing wrote: »
    From Destiny's Instagram account. What's this all about?

Apparently Xur has an Instagram account and will be showing off new exotics today.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/635971544099893248

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Only works two days a week, and spends the rest of his time on Instagram. Typical :pac:

Had some good crucible games last night, before the servers went down. Think i might start spending some more time doing PvP, as with the better weapons that i've found, it's far more enjoyable. Actually managed to finish top a few times, which was great fun. Nothing more satisfying than killing a few people with your Super :)

Is there some sort of poison weapon that everyone is using? Constantly getting hit with something that makes my screen go slightly green and has a DoT effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kiith wrote: »
    Only works two days a week, and spends the rest of his time on Instagram. Typical :pac:

Had some good crucible games last night, before the servers went down. Think i might start spending some more time doing PvP, as with the better weapons that i've found, it's far more enjoyable. Actually managed to finish top a few times, which was great fun. Nothing more satisfying than killing a few people with your Super :)

Is there some sort of poison weapon that everyone is using? Constantly getting hit with something that makes my screen go slightly green and has a DoT effect.

Thorn. Its an exotic bounty you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,865 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thorn.

One of the top tier weapons in the game, probably the most used weapon in PvP. If you have it, 90% chance you'll be using it, 99% chance in Iron Banner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Made it to lvl 25 tonight.

Also had some good crucible games with a few

you'll nearly be ready for a raid by the weekend if you get a few lucky drops / get something good off xur.

have you levelled up any of the factions enough to buy armor off them yet (vanguard, crucible etc?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thorn. Its an exotic bounty you get.
    If you have it, 90% chance you'll be using it, 99% chance in Iron Banner.

100% chance of it being useless after the big 2.0 patch. (If you believe everything you read on the forums/facebook/reddit. It won't be as effectiveas it ...... actually, unless they bring it up to Year 2 standards, you'll only see it in normal crucible, used by those who still like the gun after the patch)

100% chance of it being useless after the big 2.0 patch. (If you believe everything you read on the forums/facebook/reddit. It won't be as effectiveas it ...... actually, unless they bring it up to Year 2 standards, you'll only see it in normal crucible, used by those who still like the gun after the patch)

Yeah, in iron banner and PVE it will become useless.

In normal crucible it could become better - the DoT will stack three times now, so I reckon it will remain just as effective at least.

Thorn it is so. Seems incredibly popular.

I do enjoy hand canons i have to say, though i've had more luck lately with the Monte Carlo and a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

you'll nearly be ready for a raid by the weekend if you get a few lucky drops / get something good off xur.

have you levelled up any of the factions enough to buy armor off them yet (vanguard, crucible etc?)

He could do normal VOG at 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

"Don't hate him cause you ain't him"

- Works ar full time mad b@st@rd!!!

Emoticon of a monkey covering it's eyes and laughing
    Thorn.

One of the top tier weapons in the game, probably the most used weapon in PvP. If you have it, 90% chance you'll be using it, 99% chance in Iron Banner.

I AM THE ONE PERCENT!!!! :o

Cormac... wrote: »
    "Don't hate him cause you ain't him"

- Works ar full time mad b@st@rd!!!

Emoticon of a monkey covering it's eyes and laughing

I AM THE ONE PERCENT!!!! :o

I'm trying to learn to use normal hand cannons, pulse rifles and scouts at the moment. Some games are ok, some are just terrible! It feels like my guns are different to the same guns of other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He could do normal VOG at 25

Its been so long since I did my first raid that I cant remember what the level requirements were:D, I thought it was 28.

NF = Omnigul with Angry / Juggler / Void
    Weekly = Nexus with Grounded

Brawler and Juggler for Skolas, on the face of it that is a good set of modifiers. Nothing that makes the enemy harder to deal with.

Brawler and Juggler for Skolas, on the face of it that is a good set of modifiers. Nothing that makes the enemy harder to deal with.

Juggler might actually be helpful in a way too as more secondary and heavy drops maybe

Juggler might actually be helpful in a way too as more secondary and heavy drops maybe

Secondaries on the captains up close hopefully dropping primary, with the longer range kills getting your secondary and heavy drops would be grand. Could be a good one for Ice Breaker then swap out for G'horn and a heavy synth when needed to burn the bugger down at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Hey Guys,

Not read this in a couple of days so this could be posted already.

How to make 150,000 XP on day one of TTK:

TL;DR: Use your time pre-Taken King launch to store up 20 public daily public event packages(in postmaster) + 10 5K bounties per character and use a “Focused Light” consumable for a 50% XP buff == 150K XP megashot.

for the full description read here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3i82ex/sga_how_to_earn_150000_xp_on_launch_day/

Would rather just play the game and more importantly NOT drink or support Red-Bull :pac:

Still though good advice for those looking to power level

I am determined to get this fcuker done.

b4257a3ec08c8903a965ec84522cee02d6de7a34f058ddc73275d6bb5ff5348a.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Sadly not yet.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Sadly not yet.

You nearly have the Vanguard levelled up.

- Do the Daily Story Mission today
    - Do all the Daily Vanguard Bounties (6 of them)
    - Do 1 Daily Public Event (while patrolling)
    - Do the Weekly Lvl 26 Strike.

All of that should only take 2 hours

That should let you hit lvl 2 on Vanguard and Buy Gauntlets or Boots.

Each one will bring you up a level and a half. So you could be level 28 on your Titan by the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Lads just a heads up two new members will be joining the xbox clan.
    Could someone in admin approve them.

Bandit8310 and Canto 1990.

They have played with a fair few members of the xbox clan.

I am determined to get this fcuker done.

b4257a3ec08c8903a965ec84522cee02d6de7a34f058ddc73275d6bb5ff5348a.jpg

I'll be on tonight from 6 til about 9 if we can get someone else in (PAGING BOHRIO!!). I've already done it but will go it again if you need a third body (ie. I've an idea what to do but not going to be leading the charge!)

Lads just a heads up two new members will be joining the xbox clan.
    Could someone in admin approve them.

Bandit8310 and Canto 1990.

They have played with a fair few members of the xbox clan.

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm at Omnigul just now if any of the xbox lads are around and want a quick NF finish. Just jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Would rather just play the game and more importantly NOT drink or support Red-Bull :pac:

Still though good advice for those looking to power level

Sorry Mr. Goodie-two-shoes!!! :cool:

Just realised Skolas is on a 4 week rotation.... evidence incoming

You nearly have the Vanguard levelled up.

- Do the Daily Story Mission today
    - Do all the Daily Vanguard Bounties (6 of them)
    - Do 1 Daily Public Event (while patrolling)
    - Do the Weekly Lvl 26 Strike.

All of that should only take 2 hours

That should let you hit lvl 2 on Vanguard and Buy Gauntlets or Boots.

Each one will bring you up a level and a half. So you could be level 28 on your Titan by the end of the day.

Also, as soon as you hit lvl28, do the first PoE. You get a guaranteed exotic (i'm not 100% sure thats guaranteed) and legendary weapon (definitely guaranteed) the first time you do it every week. Has made a huge difference for me, though i still need an Exotic/Legenday scout rifle.

• Advertisement

I'll be on tonight from 6 til about 9 if we can get someone else in (PAGING BOHRIO!!). I've already done it but will go it again if you need a third body (ie. I've an idea what to do but not going to be leading the charge!)

Cheers man, though all the brownie points in the world wouldn't get me on that early.

I've watched a few vids over the last week or so to pick up the strategy, so I now have an idea of what's involved. Ideas into practice is a different ball game though.

If, for whatever reason, I can't get it done in clan (been getting on fairly late the last while), I'll probably go destinylfg or the100.io.
    1ZDBhdW.gifKramer.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement