Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    Also, as soon as you hit lvl28, do the first PoE. You get a guaranteed exotic (i'm not 100% sure thats guaranteed) and legendary weapon (definitely guaranteed) the first time you do it every week. Has made a huge difference for me, though i still need an Exotic/Legenday scout rifle.

As long as you have a Ether Key thingy though ;)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just realised Skolas is on a 4 week rotation.... evidence incoming

As promised:

Modifiers:
    Brawler - Guardian Melee damage is greatly increased
    Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon

Obviously the 1st one is a helpful one for Guardians but given the amount of Shotgun Shells, Sniper Rounds and G-Horn Rockets this encounter requires to be done easily, Juggler will actually help you as opposed to hinder.

Don't forget that This Is The 2nd Last Week you can kill Skolas (Moments of Triumph ends in 14 days - Check Bungie.net) in time to complete the challenge and next week more than likely will have very unhelpful modifiers so don't delay, get Kell slaying Today. Or you might just end up kicking yourself.

The below Cycle suggests Next week will be Small Arms & Lightswitch

Previous Modifiers:
    - 18th August: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 11th August: Catapult & Angry
    - 4th August: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    Cycle Repeats
    - 28th July: Brawler & Juggler
    - 21st July: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 14th July: Catapult & Angry
    - 7th July: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    Cycle Repeats
    - 30th June: Brawler & Juggler

4 Week Cycle Ends (or technically begins):
    - 23rd June: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 16th June: Brawler & Juggler
    - 9th June: Solar Burn - 2nd June: Void Burn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Don't forget if the iron banner is on the glitch is still working and make sure you have money. Althought most of the things he sells will be useless in a few weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As long as you have a Ether Key thingy though ;)

Indeed. You get one from finishing the House of Wolves story, and also get one per week for your first Wanted bounty. Will be the first thing i do tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,865 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Etheric light is useless once TTK comes out, yeah? Can't see a reason to play IB this time around other than a bit of fun.

• Advertisement

Etheric light is useless once TTK comes out, yeah? Can't see a reason to play IB this time around other than a bit of fun.

:mad:

Come off it, you know IB is the best week of the month, I'm not buying your lies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't forget if the iron banner is on the glitch is still working and make sure you have money. Althought most of the things he sells will be useless in a few weeks

Unlike some poor person last time :\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm trying to learn to use normal hand cannons, pulse rifles and scouts at the moment. Some games are ok, some are just terrible! It feels like my guns are different to the same guns of other people!

Vision of confluence is fairly daycent in PvP, been using it a bit more in preperation for patch. Need to figure out a scout rifle I like using. Prefer ranged in my primaries.

PetKing wrote: »
    Vision of confluence is fairly daycent in PvP, been using it a bit more in preperation for patch. Need to figure out a scout rifle I like using. Prefer ranged in my primaries.

There's not really many better Scout Rifles (Legendary wise)

Since it has Full Auto (actively buffs RoF) and Full Stability (mid-tree perk).

I don't think you can roll a SR with a better Time to Kill than it afaik.

Also, lets you use Truth in Iron Banner, and with everyone going for Machine Gun bounties, thats super fun

:mad:

Come off it, you know IB is the best week of the month, I'm not buying your lies :pac:

You may not buy my lies, but you also won't be buying the weapons, armour or etheric light!

Its a good laugh alright, but...

1. The weapons will be underpowered PoS in three weeks.
    2. The armour will be underpowered PoS in three weeks.
    3. Etheric Light will be utterly useless in three weeks.

Beyond crucible fun (which could be had in crucible...) there isn't a point. Unless the level glitch continues to work once TTK arrives - in which case getting to level 5 this time around would have benefit in a month or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Who was that aimed at Cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Who was that aimed at Cable?

Wasn't aimed at anybody just reminding people they need a lot of glimmer to buy the stuff.

Wasn't aimed at anybody just reminding people they need a lot of glimmer to buy the stuff.

I'll jump in with you tonight and get you to do the glitch as I ****ed it up the last time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

As promised:

Previous Modifiers:
    - 18th August: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 11th August: Catapult & Angry
    - 4th August: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    Cycle Repeats
    - 28th July: Brawler & Juggler
    - 21st July: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 14th July: Catapult & Angry
    - 7th July: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    Cycle Repeats
    - 30th June: Brawler & Juggler

4 Week Cycle Ends (or technically begins):
    - 23rd June: Small Arms & Lightswitch
    - 16th June: Brawler & Juggler
    - 9th June: Solar Burn - 2nd June: Void Burn

Spotted this post mentioned on the Reddit Twitter feed....was going to accuse you of robbery, but realised it was you too :o

For those that haven't studied the lore via Grimore cards (I've never looked at a single one) this a very good article explaining the history and story of destiny, probably as briefly as possible. There are details omitted, but it gives enough detail to explain things well enough.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/08/24/what-s-going-on-in-destiny-s-story-anyway.aspx

With regards that GI article, I saw this comment on Reddit:

"agreed. this is why I often maintain in conversations about the game that there is a story in vanilla destiny, and it's actually a pretty interesting introduction to the world, but the execution of the story is terrible and requires way too much effort on the part of the player to piece it together."

I would agree with that - there is a story there, not as good as the one we were seemingly deprived of, but it is there and it could be very interesting, but the game itself puts in no effort to give it to you. As a result of that, I have always felt that while your guardian is a driver or massive change and importance, I have never felt they were a part of the tower or the city - i've always felt almost a lone gun in the wilderness, just doing whatever I think I can in any given situation (like Det. John McClain...)

When you compare the history, the accomplishments and the impact we have has as a single guardian (just looking at the main story lines, not the raids) and compare it to Lord Shaxx, or any of the Iron Lords, or the other fabled guys and gals (who failed to stop crota, who failed to drive back the fallen, who failed to make any impact on the hive...) we should be any absolute venerated LEGEND, we should have great weapons forged in our name. Yet we schlup around the tower doing the biddings of other, running their menial bounties, bowing to them as we hand them in - in the hope of getting a different colour palette for our armour.

Its actually something that annoys me about the game as I think of it - we have done more than any guardian or group of guardians combined have ever done, and I feel like we are still just a single almost anonymous entity in the tower. Shaxx at all should be dying to fight at our side, to witness our greatness - not sending us off to collect 10 wire wraps or some piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The conspiracy theory is the story was all there but EA ripped it apart so it could package it up as DLC for later / release the game on time. It did have the making of a good tale but ended up a disjointed mess. I don't even know if we're the good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The conspiracy theory is the story was all there but EA ripped it apart so it could package it up as DLC for later / release the game on time. It did have the making of a good tale but ended up a disjointed mess. I don't even know if we're the good guys.

:confused::confused::confused:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    The conspiracy theory is the story was all there but Activision ripped it apart so it could package it up as DLC for later / release the game on time. It did have the making of a good tale but ended up a disjointed mess. I don't even know if we're the good guys.

Fixed.

Edit: Not even EA can be blamed for what happened.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it stands for Evil Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

With regards that GI article, I saw this comment on Reddit:

"agreed. this is why I often maintain in conversations about the game that there is a story in vanilla destiny, and it's actually a pretty interesting introduction to the world, but the execution of the story is terrible and requires way too much effort on the part of the player to piece it together."

I would agree with that - there is a story there, not as good as the one we were seemingly deprived of, but it is there and it could be very interesting, but the game itself puts in no effort to give it to you. As a result of that, I have always felt that while your guardian is a driver or massive change and importance, I have never felt they were a part of the tower or the city - i've always felt almost a lone gun in the wilderness, just doing whatever I think I can in any given situation (like Det. John McClain...)

When you compare the history, the accomplishments and the impact we have has as a single guardian (just looking at the main story lines, not the raids) and compare it to Lord Shaxx, or any of the Iron Lords, or the other fabled guys and gals (who failed to stop crota, who failed to drive back the fallen, who failed to make any impact on the hive...) we should be any absolute venerated LEGEND, we should have great weapons forged in our name. Yet we schlup around the tower doing the biddings of other, running their menial bounties, bowing to them as we hand them in - in the hope of getting a different colour palette for our armour.

Its actually something that annoys me about the game as I think of it - we have done more than any guardian or group of guardians combined have ever done, and I feel like we are still just a single almost anonymous entity in the tower. Shaxx at all should be dying to fight at our side, to witness our greatness - not sending us off to collect 10 wire wraps or some piece of crap.

I often feel that the publisher gets the shaft when a game goes wrong. Realistically, it was bungies first big multiplatform game since the halo series, and its a wildly different affair. If anything, I reckon they were probably way behind schedule when activision finally blew the whistle and demanded the game be released.
    I've a feeling the taken king could be a turning point though, I'm deliberately holding off on starting a new character so that I can go through the "directors cut" of the story.

• Advertisement

kevind1 wrote: »
    Spotted this post mentioned on the Reddit Twitter feed....was going to accuse you of robbery, but realised it was you too :o

I'm such a double-dipper when it comes to posting :)
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it stands for Evil Activision.

:pac:

Possible Skolas Sherpa on Reddit if any of you people (Solvable, Fieldy etc) want to message him

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ibezd/need_moments_of_triumph_this_week_is_the_easiest/cuf1t9i?context=3
    If you are on PS4 and need help with Skolas, I have 40+ completions and am willing to help people with it. PM me your PSN ID and I will help people on a first come first served basis.
    Also, please be advised that I will expect you to listen, understand and learn as we go along. The Skolas mechanics are made for a marathon not a dash. I take my time with it so do not expect 15 min Skolas kills.
    contextfull comments (122)reportreply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm trying to learn to use normal hand cannons, pulse rifles and scouts at the moment. Some games are ok, some are just terrible! It feels like my guns are different to the same guns of other people!

I've been using The Fulcrum from the Future War Cult lately and I really like it. Great impact!

Possible Skolas Sherpa on Reddit if any of you people (Solvable, Fieldy etc) want to message him

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3ibezd/need_moments_of_triumph_this_week_is_the_easiest/cuf1t9i?context=3

Ppppppfffft Fats has that amount of Skolas clears a week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone online on Xbox wanna give me a hand with the xyor part of the thorn bounty pls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've been using The Fulcrum from the Future War Cult lately and I really like it. Great impact!

I was using that last night in Crucible for the first time. It has Luck in the Chamber and Final Round (bit cheaty I know), but it has a small mag size. I may ascend it for IB this week. Got a few 2 shot kills. Impact is huge on it, but it handles really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I was using that last night in Crucible for the first time. It has Luck in the Chamber and Final Round (bit cheaty I know), but it has a small mag size. I may ascend it for IB this week. Got a few 2 shot kills. Impact is huge on it, but it handles really well.

Nice roll, mini-Hawkmoon :)

I have the same roll on mine.

Have a decent Ill Will too - thought the perks aren't great - I was focusing on stuff to increase the reload speed on that cause if it is left as standard it feels like your guardian is giving up on life when you press reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

You nearly have the Vanguard levelled up.

- Do the Daily Story Mission today
    - Do all the Daily Vanguard Bounties (6 of them)
    - Do 1 Daily Public Event (while patrolling)
    - Do the Weekly Lvl 26 Strike.

All of that should only take 2 hours

That should let you hit lvl 2 on Vanguard and Buy Gauntlets or Boots.

Each one will bring you up a level and a half. So you could be level 28 on your Titan by the end of the day.

thanks i'll try to get those done this evening.

i'm still trying to figure the game out its actually quite hard to figure out on your own.
    it does pretty much almost nothing to help you when you hit lvl 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    thanks i'll try to get those done this evening.

i'm still trying to figure the game out its actually quite hard to figure out on your own.
    it does pretty much almost nothing to help you when you hit lvl 20

there are websites / phone apps that track where and when the public events are going to happen as well, it used to be very frustrating trying to find them before.

http://destinyeventtracker.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement