Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

On Telstro and The Chaperone, I seen someone comment that one of them may go in the primary slot. Considering they showed an exotic for each class, and we know that Sleep Simulant is used in the heavy slot, it would make some sense to be showing an exotic for each slot.

The Chaperone would be the most likely of the two seeing as it fires slugs rather than buckshot. The Telstro on the other hand seems like it will be a mine launcher seeing that it has projectiles that have a delayed void explosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No Back Up Plans is ascending? Why do I think my Year 2 Guardian is going to be kitted out in gear I never used?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,864 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Absolutely stank it up in Iron Banner yesterday.

Was involved in one epic match which ended 20040 to 20035 after me and three others captured a point (for 300 points to put us over the top) JUST before the other team got a kill which would have won them the game. Never seen it as close before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Big thanks to ibfoxer and ferrigan for the runthough on skolas, took just under 2.5 hours from start to finish.

It's definitely a tense enough affair, the second set of mines ratchets the pressure up a notch too.

More than welcome, quite an enjoyable run. Personally had a ropey start but I think when we all hit our stride it was space magic, and that one wipe aside it was pretty cut and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    Hit lvl30 tonight, and had some great games in the Crucible. Cheers for the invite to chat as well.

No probs,

What I find is best is to have:

Notifications Off:

Notifications On:
    Game Invites
    Party Invites.

The messages notifications can get a bit annoying and the block your radar

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Them new exotic armours all look really cool, perks are really crap on most of them though. That Warlock chest one in particular. Weapons sound decent though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Them new exotic armours all look really cool, perks are really crap on most of them though. That Warlock chest one in particular. Weapons sound decent though.

I think so too.... was very underwhelmed tbh.

Even that shotgun sounds great but will probably be a total damp-squib, it sounds like the 4th Horseman but worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Sleeper Simulant DOES look badass though. My understanding is that there's quest steps involved in procuring one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah they're quite weak so far, wonder if its an intentional move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Sleeper Simulant DOES look badass though. My understanding is that there's quest steps involved in procuring one?

This one I'm confused about. If Sleeper Simulant needs 50 relic pieces to be collected (as rumoured), what's the point if Xur is going to sell it? If it requires a quest chain to acquire, it should never be in Xur's "Random" rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

This one I'm confused about. If Sleeper Simulant needs 50 relic pieces to be collected (as rumoured), what's the point if Xur is going to sell it? If it requires a quest chain to acquire, it should never be in Xur's "Random" rotation.

Unless you get the quest off him? That way you wouldn't have to rely on it dropping like Thorn etc.

I would simply assume that Bungie were using Xur to show off some of the new exotics, rather than it being a confirmation that these are exotics Xur will sell.

Also could be that the final step of getting it is buying it from Xur but for him to have it in his merchandise, you must have the quest and completed all the tasks up til then - much like one of the Eris quests that require you to buy an urn of Xur.

nevelator wrote: »
    Unless you get the quest off him? That way you wouldn't have to rely on it dropping like Thorn etc.
    I would simply assume that Bungie were using Xur to show off some of the new exotics, rather than it being a confirmation that these are exotics Xur will sell.

Also could be that the final step of getting it is buying it from Xur but for him to have it in his merchandise, you must have the quest and completed all the tasks up til then - much like one of the Eris quests that require you to buy an urn of Xur.

Yeah, never thought of it being sold at end of the quest. Makes more sense that way I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is there any interest in going into the new raid blind? I'll watch the streams, but I don't think they ever do the raids. I'd like to go in and give it a shot at puzzle solving with 80 wipes! We have all the time in the world to breeze through it backwards once we understand it, but not many oppertunities to go in fresh , not knowing what's coming next, or how to pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Is there any interest in going into the new raid blind?

do you know what ? YES : ) I regretted not doing it. I had my cheese mod on way to fast with Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is there any interest in going into the new raid blind? I'll watch the streams, but I don't think they ever do the raids. I'd like to go in and give it a shot at puzzle solving with 80 wipes! We have all the time in the world to breeze through it backwards once we understand it, but not many oppertunities to go in fresh , not knowing what's coming next, or how to pass it.

Yeah I did this for Crota. First death occured 10 seconds in as I lept on a bridge that wasn't there. The lamps took us 17 minutes to get to the bridge where we were promptly wiped out by an unusually large Ogre. Got through it the second time but got confused on the bridge part and called it a night.
    By the time I came back in the next day the guys had miraculously discovered how to complete it. Was great fun though.

I'm planning on hitting the new raid blind - or at least without having watched any of it prior. I may not get into one of the first boards.ie groups going so maybe by the time I do get into a group some of them will already have attempted it or beaten it.

Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

Is there any interest in going into the new raid blind?

Yes, I will be anyway.
    Pretty sure Terry feels the same (he's not on here)
    do you know what ? YES : ) I regretted not doing it. I had my cheese mod on way to fast with Crota.

You were cast out into the wilderness for weeks after your early adoption of the cheese strategies.
    My team was having none of your filth after you'd succumbed to N0cals team of lactose-lovers
    I'm planning on hitting the new raid blind - or at least without having watched any of it prior. I may not get into one of the first boards.ie groups going so maybe by the time I do get into a group some of them will already have attempted it or beaten it.

I'm happy enough to wait. Wanna do the story 1st (Like you, me and CDB did when HoW launched) take my time experiencing the whole lot.
    Maybe start the Raid on the Friday after work or something

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yes, I will be anyway.
    Pretty sure Terry feels the same (he's not on here)

You were cast out into the wilderness for weeks after your early adoption of the cheese strategies. My team was having none of your filth after you'd succumbed to N0cals team of lactose-lovers

I'm happy enough to wait. Wanna do the story 1st (Like you, me and CDB did when HoW launched) take my time experiencing the whole lot. Maybe start the Raid on the Friday after work or something
    Thats my plan too - I've taken that week off work (HA!) so will plan on getting the story done at least once on the Tuesday and go from there. I've a wedding meeting on for the Wednesday afternoon, but basically all tuesday then wednesday through to the weekend will be mostly destiny. For the raid though I reckon i'll try and sync up with yourself and a few others and plan a proper time to start - so I can pre-warn the other half that whatever eveing is RAID NIGHT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Definitely count me in if times suit.

Thats my plan too - I've taken that week off work (HA!) so will plan on getting the story done at least once on the Tuesday and go from there. I've a wedding meeting on for the Wednesday afternoon, but basically all tuesday then wednesday through to the weekend will be mostly destiny. For the raid though I reckon i'll try and sync up with yourself and a few others and plan a proper time to start - so I can pre-warn the other half that whatever eveing is RAID NIGHT!

Oh it's all so exciting!!! :)

I don't know how to post gifs. Help anyone?

wedding-dress-popcorn-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Cormac... wrote: »
    You were cast out into the wilderness for weeks after your early adoption of the cheese strategies.
    My team was having none of your filth after you'd succumbed to N0cals team of lactose-lovers

Ahaha ;) actually, I was playing with some of you guys - without cheese at the beginning. i remember a few evening in a row trying to pass the bridge, after having no idea what happened in the abyss :)
    At that stage, I went and try to cheese stuff by myself with some stranger - and milked Crota's End as much as I could!
    Soloing the Abyss ( first with lamp impulse, then with the stupid jump. ), cheesing the bridge and the death singer, Pulling the cable with Crota ... it was a good way to get some fast loot :)
    I think I started playing more with NoCal and Co when HardMode came on :)

I wonder if the misses would mind me bringing the PSP with me when going to meet the wedding co-ordinator....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is there a level requirement to access the raid or just a case of better off being lvl40? Will the story get us to 40 has anyone heard or will it be gear that gets us to it?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is there a level requirement to access the raid or just a case of better off being lvl40? Will the story get us to 40 has anyone heard or will it be gear that gets us to it?

Depends on how they do the raid.

If there are normal and hard versions it will be likely the hard version is basically a no-go (at first) without most being level 40, but I would imagine the normal version will be doable (if not a little difficult) either immediately or fairly soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Depends on how they do the raid.

If there are normal and hard versions it will be likely the hard version is basically a no-go (at first) without most being level 40, but I would imagine the normal version will be doable (if not a little difficult) either immediately or fairly soon.

Cool. Would be nice to give it a go when other folk haven't a clue either. Less pressure. :)

I wonder if the misses would mind me bringing the PSP with me when going to meet the wedding co-ordinator....

Ask him what level he is

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Would be interested in going into the raid blind, but would want some time to level up at least one character and experience the new story missions, strikes, and crucible maps etc.

• Advertisement

This sounds like it calls for a LIST!!!!

Proper Blind Runners:
    • Me
    • Conovar
    • Petking
    • Conor (whoever you are)
    • Petking
    • Wes
    • Usagi San

"Blind" Runs (where in actuality you've done half the raid and watched the other half on youtube) :pac:
    • Sniper_Samurai

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement