Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Broman was a youtuber that they had on the twitch reveal of PoE - during which he did very little other than play poorly and SHOUT LOUDLY ALL THE TIME! ROCKETS OH MY GOD ROCKETS OH MY GOD ROCKETS YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHOOT STUFF.

Pretty much this. He gets super excited super quickly over everything and nothing.

Seems like a decent bloke, just super hyper. Think Spaceballs and Ludicrous Speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,864 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not going to watch the stream tonight myself -filing it under the 'Don't want to spoil the surprise' destiny stuff.

Doing similar these days with movie trailers. Watch the first one, and after that I try to ignore everything else. No point watching trailers for stuff i know I am going to see, it can only spoil the movie.

I'm only really interested in any changes to the mechanics of the game, not the gameplay itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sweet, just joined up to boards clan on psn there. Load of content i'm hoping to I can get through now, feel free to add lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

not going to watch the stream tonight myself -filing it under the 'Don't want to spoil the surprise' destiny stuff.

Doing similar these days with movie trailers. Watch the first one, and after that I try to ignore everything else. No point watching trailers for stuff i know I am going to see, it can only spoil the movie.

I'm only really interested in any changes to the mechanics of the game, not the gameplay itself.

I guess we should use Spoiler Tags so in that case.

I don't get what the whole thing is with Movie Trailers.

Hell even the Trailers for Arkham Knight the game were total overkill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Spoiler tags it is.

I'm hoping to see the Nightstalker subclass in PvE action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Haha the Twitch stream has crashed.

A power cut according to Bungie on twitter.

error code: beaver

error code: beaver

They tried to cheese Crota and removed their LAN cable.

And we are back. Starting at 19:19

• Advertisement

Too late Bungie, already pre-ordered CoD BO 3, you had your chance and you blew it, 2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭klose

Stream was a bit lacklustre in comparison to last weeks but I guess they can't reveal too much stuff in fairness to em. New subclasses looking cool however.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Pretty much this. He gets super excited super quickly over everything and nothing.

Seems like a decent bloke, just super hyper. Think Spaceballs and Ludicrous Speed.

Ha, one of my all-time faves, great Mel Brooks movie :D

spaceballs_zpsd685b1c2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

klose wrote: »
    Sweet, just joined up to boards clan on psn there. Load of content i'm hoping to I can get through now, feel free to add lads.

Get yourself added to the group chats, Cormac can sort for you if not done already, thats where we organise various shinanigans...assume your PS4

Had a cool run of VoG hm last night with wonda3oy and some of his mates. Whatever about the game itself being fun to play, the banter within a group makes it so much more fun. That and I got lucky getting Found Verdict.

"Ah ffs I'm after dying jumping over to the middle. One of your fat bodies got in my way."
    "I hope you all die a slow death..."
    "Another Atheon's Epilogue?? Ffs."

:pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had a cool run of VoG hm last night with wonda3oy and some of his mates. Whatever about the game itself being fun to play, the banter within a group makes it so much more fun. That and I got lucky getting Found Verdict.

"Ah ffs I'm after dying jumping over to the middle. One of your fat bodies got in my way."
    "I hope you all die a slow death..."
    "Another Atheon's Epilogue?? Ffs."

:pac:
    Yep, its the community and social aspects that make the game fun.

Part of the reason I think Bungie have screwed up at various points:

1. No decent in game solution for putting random parties together.
    2. No decent in game realisation of the Clans.
    3. No private matches.
    4. No 6 player raid in the last DLC, PoE isn't nearly as much fun with 3.

If it wasn't for places like here, Destiny LFG, Reddit etc, this game would have died a death.

Andrew76 wrote: »

Found Verdict is the Shotgun I've been using for the last 3 months or so. It's a great 2-shotter

Without spoiling the strike - anything good from the stream yesterday? Strike specific armour and guns seems to be the main take away, yeah?

Is there a PS exclusive strike this time round?

Anyone know if there are PS exclusive weapons (like Hawkmoon, for example)?

Without spoiling the strike - anything good from the stream yesterday? Strike specific armour and guns seems to be the main take away, yeah?

The stream was mainly about showing the new subclasses in action and the boss encounter. But they focussed too much on Mr. Fruit's footage which was all Titan. Nothing too exciting tbh.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PS4 exclusive stuff was announced ages ago I thought. There's definitely weapons anyway, would be surprised if their wasn't some exclusive PvE content and crucible maps to go along with it.

• Advertisement

Is there a PS exclusive strike this time round?

Anyone know if there are PS exclusive weapons (like Hawkmoon, for example)?
    • Bosses will drop specific Strike Armour (and possibly Weapons too I think)
    • They will have some Battle Mechanics (at least the new ones), so they won't be Bullet Sponges that you cheese so much.
    • The Strike they played was lvl36
    • Each character will now be able to equip an "Artifact" (as well as a Class item and Ghost) which allows for more Light and Orb Generating Active Abilities
    • Their weapons for the most part were 200 Attack (As opposed to some of the 280 we saw last week)
    • The Taken look quiet cool
    • Mr Fruit had a sword for his heavy and he eventually used it
    • They all used the new subclasses. They all look awesome. They were using PvE builds, but they all look like they have decent PvP builds, possibly better than some current subclasses
    • You could watch the 1st 10 minutes and not ruin any of the story and such
    • 1st 10 mins was them talking about Subclasses and Gear and Artefacts

Mickeroo wrote: »
    PS4 exclusive stuff was announced ages ago I thought. There's definitely weapons anyway, would be surprised if their wasn't some exclusive PvE content and crucible maps to go along with it.

Yep - here's the info:

https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives

Strike, Map, Armour and an exotic (and 'cute') Scout Rifle.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just looking at the details of the subclasses abilities and perks there. Look good overall. Jump mechanics are all the same as previous sub classes though, and quite a few of the grenades just seem to be taken from other classes which is a bit disappointing.

Apart from evade, I'm not seeing much potential use for the hunter subclass on paper at least. The Titan and Warlock ones sound great, particularly the Titan.

Yep - here's the info:

https://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/sony-playstation-exclusives

Strike, Map, Armour and an exotic (and 'cute') Scout Rifle.

Jade Rabbit is so cute, I've collected the required resources to buy it

(✿╹◡╹) ノ ♡

As someone on Reddit said, the Warlock armour looks like a Koala :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Jade Rabbit is so cute, I've collected the required resources to buy it

(✿╹◡╹) ノ ♡

As someone on Reddit said, the Warlock armour looks like a Koala :D

FCUK. Can't unsee. :mad:

FCUK. Can't unsee. :mad:

If it's anything like the Launch Game PSN Exclusive Armour it'll just be some Blue garbage that no-one uses

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just looking at the details of the subclasses abilities and perks there. Look good overall. Jump mechanics are all the same as previous sub classes though, and quite a few of the grenades just seem to be taken from other classes which is a bit disappointing.

Apart from evade, I'm not seeing much potential use for the hunter subclass on paper at least. The Titan and Warlock ones sound great, particularly the Titan.

Could be usefull in Control, for example.

Bunch of guys on a point, anchor them to the spot (so they can't jump away) and your team can wipe them all out in one spot, then take the point yourselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are existing in game resources (Strange coins etc...) going to be used for the new gear? Just wondering if i should be hoarding them instead of buying whatever Xur is selling this week.

Kiith wrote: »
    Are existing in game resources (Strange coins etc...) going to be used for the new gear? Just wondering if i should be hoarding them instead of buying whatever Xur is selling this week.

Depends on the Armour he's selling.

If it's Heart of Praxic Fire, Obsidian Mind, The Ram, Nothing Manacles or Light Beyond Nemisis, I'd buy them tbh

Now you've hit lvl30, Strange Coins will be MUCH easier to get

Even though you did the lvl26 weekly, you could still go back in and do the Lvl32 before the resent and get another 6 coins

Having looked at your character, you should go do the "Urn of Sacrifice Quest" Eris gives you, guaranteed Legendary Light33 Gauntlets, often with "Fast melee attack speed".

Do the chamber of Night mission and after the bit with the Hive Ship appearing indoors down-below in the darkness zone, you'll get a checkpoint, complete whatever kill you can and go to orbit constantly before killing the ogre or dying and click "Resume" mission. Takes about an hour

• Advertisement

Could be usefull in Control, for example.

Bunch of guys on a point, anchor them to the spot (so they can't jump away) and your team can wipe them all out in one spot, then take the point yourselves.

Yeah, that seems all too specific/situational for my liking though, and why would I do that when I could just blade dance or golden gun everyone on the point anyway.

I can see the Hammer of Sol titan class being an absolute tank though, I didn't think it looked great in the footage they release before but after reading the perks and abilities, there's so many that give overshields and regen health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement