Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anybody else not able to connect to PSN at all? Neither PS4 or Android App connecting. Same results on Wifi and Three Network

I managed to get in but yeah, seems PSN is down for maintenence

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

I managed to get in but yeah, seems PSN is down for maintenence

Just connected now, hopefully it stays up for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Bohrio wrote: »
    Oh guys I am writing this with tears in my eyes... but over 1300 hours later... finally, the moment I have been waiting for has come, the beast has finally dropped, and no, I am not talking about no land beyond...

I finally got this baby... first attempt on crota hard today

I saw it on the kill feed but didnt know it was me who got it until a friend told me...

I was suspicious as well as it didnt pop up when I quit to orbit

ps sorry for the full video didnt have time to re-trim it

Oh the laughing that will be done if Xur is selling the Gjallarhorn tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Oh the laughing that will be done if Xur is selling the Gjallarhorn tomorrow! :D

What do you mean if? you mean when... lol

Hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone want to shepard my level 24 character up till the chest in gorgons layer in the Vault of Glass?.i have all my guns from my other character.Finding it awful painfull trying to do bounties and the like trying to get the vanguard rank and marks.At least with a bit of raid gear i can get up to lvl 28 or 29 to do weeklys and stuff.

Gamertag is In4ab8tin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone want to shepard my level 24 character up till the chest in gorgons layer in the Vault of Glass?.i have all my guns from my other character.Finding it awful painfull trying to do bounties and the like trying to get the vanguard rank and marks.At least with a bit of raid gear i can get up to lvl 28 or 29 to do weeklys and stuff.

Gamertag is In4ab8tin

Can you get into VOG at 24 ? I'll be on Saturday if that's any good to yo .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you get into VOG at 24 ? I'll be on Saturday if that's any good to yo .

Yeah I checked there, I'm about a quarter off 24 and I could launch it and play away there.Yeah Saturday be grand.Even to get past the confluxes would be grand, sure you get armour for passing those don't you ,I think .

Yeah I checked there, I'm about a quarter off 24 and I could launch it and play away there.Yeah Saturday be grand.Even to get past the confluxes would be grand, sure you get armour for passing those don't you ,I think .

Think so. Can you not buy vanguard armour with your other character and trans far to that guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I can give you a hand as well Saturday if you want, just let me know what time. Armour drops are not a guarantee though. PS4 yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I can give you a hand as well Saturday if you want, just let me know what time. Armour drops are not a guarantee though. PS4 yes?

No he's Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got the hard mode completed this morning in one run with an LFG group. Went very smooth.

Didn't get the scout though... two shards, a raid helm (4th or 5th one) and no land beyond (SHARDED!)

Still have one more titan to finish the Hard raid with, and may try to find a group that will take my 31 hunter on board as a member of the DPS team at Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm gonna call it for Xur today - it'll be a primary, either Mida Multitool or Universal Remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm gonna call it for Xur today - it'll be a primary, either Mida Multitool or Universal Remote.

If it's MIDA Multitool I'm gonna cream my pants. Don't even have a legendary scout.

If it's another shotgun then meh.

Absolutely awesome idea:
    If Xur sold a "build an exotic of your choice" kit, with a really high cost, would you buy it? (self.DestinyTheGame)
    submitted 1 day ago by augustqueen
    For me, one of the most perpetually frustrating things about Destiny, in a sea of otherwise exceptional gaming moments, is the inability to pursue specific rewards.

But what if Xur showed up and sold an item called an "Exotic Reactor."

The Exotic Reactor costs 1 exotic shard, and once purchased, allows you to choose any exotic in the game.

Then the building begins.

To build the chosen exotic, you need to collect items from all over the game. You need a lot of them, but they are all the sorts of items you can reliable work toward.

Let's say 100 weapon parts or 100 class armor materials for the exotic in question. Then an item purchased from the vanguard for 100 marks. Then an item purchased from the crucible for 50 marks. Then 25 ascendant energies or shards. Then another item purchased from Xur at the cost of 25 strange coins. Throw in a reasonable sum of glimmer, 5k to cap it off.

Put all of the pieces together, and you build the exotic of your choice.

It would be a lot of work. Long time players probably have a lot of that stuff just lying around, but also probably not enough to build more than one or two. But the point being, all of those materials are guaranteed in various ways. So you could sit down one evening and say, "tonight, I'm going to work on building my exotic." You probably wouldn't finish it in one night. You might not finish it in one week. It might take a couple weeks. But every time you logged on you could be working towards building that dream exotic you want.

That would make a huge difference for me.

What about you?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2vjwvt/if_xur_sold_a_build_an_exotic_of_your_choice_kit/

Icebreaker again?!?!

xur.jpg
    pic host

Icebreaker is back. No synths yet again.

Suppose I'll buy the Titan Helm as it the only exotic I need for him. Will also upgrade Truth as its my last 300 exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

quad_red wrote: »
    Icebreaker again?!?!

Lol

And no heavy ammo synths

Bungie are really looking into annoying everyone of us

I am buying another one (only have 2 in PS4)

Emmet, your helmet is finally for sale!!

Seems pretty clear that there will be no heavy snyths until they sort out the heavy ammo bug. So probably not until March?

But no synths, no engrams and the weapon is one they had 3 weeks ago... wtf is the point of coins at this stage? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The ice breaker is still good. Lots of kinder guardians probably didn't have strange coins to buy it last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Seems pretty clear that there will be no heavy snyths until they sort out the heavy ammo bug. So probably not until March?

But no synths, no engrams and the weapon is one they had 3 weeks ago... wtf is the point of coins at this stage? :)

yep, have over 150 at the moment. Not much to buy from Xur, and not much of a point to doing the weeklies as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Icebreaker? Hell ... I'm having that! Missed it last time round. Nothing else of use for me though.

Actually, might pick up the Crest of Alpha Lupi chest armour.

Started a second character on Wednesday, a hunter. Is it worth buying this armour and storing it or should I wait? (Hunter is only level 3 so will take me a few weeks to bring it up to 20).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

How many strange coins is the icebreaker??? pls tell me I can afford it

Icebreaker? Hell ... I'm having that! Missed it last time round. Nothing else of use for me though.

Why did you even mention MIDA multi tool? You had me all excited.

Now I has a sad :(

How many strange coins is the icebreaker??? pls tell me I can afford it

Icebreaker is 17 SC.

Helm of Inmost Light [Exotic Titan helmet] – 13SC
    Crest of Alpha Lupi [Exotic Hunter chest armout] – 13SC
    Light Beyond Nemesis [Exotic Warlock helmet] – 13SC
    Ice Breaker [Exotic sniper rifle] – 17SC
    Exotic Shard – 7SC
    As for the Exotics you can upgrade, take a look.

ARMOUR – Knucklehead Radar, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Helm of Inmost Light, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Apotheosis Veil, Sunbreakers
    WEAPONS – The Last Word, Ice Breaker, Patience and Time, Super Good Advice, Gjallarhorn, Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The heavy ammo bug is a big reason why we need heavy ammo synths...

Its just silly that he hasn't been selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Icebreaker again?!?!

xur.jpg
    pic host

Absolutely nothing there for me. Was hoping for either Gjallahorn :o (Who isn't), or maybe a Suros; they're the only two Exotic Weapons I really want!. Armour wise, Helm Saint-14. Ah well.

What weapon telemetries does he have?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Why did you even mention MIDA multi tool? You had me all excited.

Now I has a sad :(

There's some real good legendary ones you can buy in the Tower.
    B-Trauma (rate of fire lolz)
    The Badger (have one with really good perks - range and explosions)
    The Saterienne Rapier (have this fully ranked and it's good but some people rave about it)
    TBH since I got the Crota one that's the one I'm using.

I do like the Mida but the fact it takes up an exotic slot makes the legendaries a better option.

AdamD wrote: »
    The heavy ammo bug is a big reason why we need heavy ammo synths...

Its just silly that he hasn't been selling them.

But surely if it was that simple they'd just reduce the price on them and flog em (at least while the bug is in play).

The sythns themselves must be part of the problem.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-30-bungie-finally-squashing-one-of-destinys-most-annoying-bugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

But surely if it was that simple they'd just reduce the price on them and flog em (at least while the bug is in play).

The sythns themselves must be part of the problem.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-30-bungie-finally-squashing-one-of-destinys-most-annoying-bugs

Struggling to see how synths could be part of a problem caused by a specific perk on Raid boots?

Lold at the armour hes selling too, all of it is full strength gear, top notch stuff. One day I'll be buying 150 coins worth of synths. Should sell legendary engrams or more engrams in general. I swear he used to sell synths and engrams every week..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement