Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That Warlock one looks like a real "Kill all 6 members of the other Team if they are not bunched up super TBH", kind of like Blade Dancer now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cormac... wrote: »
    Having looked at your character, you should go do the "Urn of Sacrifice Quest" Eris gives you, guaranteed Legendary Light33 Gauntlets, often with "Fast melee attack speed".

Do the chamber of Night mission and after the bit with the Hive Ship appearing indoors down-below in the darkness zone, you'll get a checkpoint, complete whatever kill you can and go to orbit constantly before killing the ogre or dying and click "Resume" mission. Takes about an hour

Yeah, the gloves were the next on my list to upgrade (probably with marks), but now i'll finish that off and get the light33 gloves. Cheers for that. Happy that Monte Carlo is being upgraded, as i'm quite enjoying it now.

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, the gloves were the next on my list to upgrade (probably with marks), but now i'll finish that off and get the light33 gloves. Cheers for that. Happy that Monte Carlo is being upgraded, as i'm quite enjoying it now.

Also there is a mission in that Quest Line that you can only ever play once per character and lets' you do a Horde Mode at the end with 3 Sword Bearers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I was thinking if the NF is going to be one of the new strikes (not sure how many strikes they are introducing) but if it is the one we saw yesterday I certainly hope it doesnt have solar burn!!!! otherwise it will be a nightmare

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't suppose they mentioned he level the nightfalls and that will be bumped up to yet? I'm guessing 40?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Don't suppose they mentioned he level the nightfalls and that will be bumped up to yet? I'm guessing 40?

I'd say maybe 40 too, but maybe with a reasonable recommended light level.

Yes I was wondering that as well, the normal level was 36, I am guessing 38 (they normally keep it two levels below the max light level) but I could be wrong as light level is not important anymore (or not as)...

Guess what I noticed with the latest Game Informer Article where they spoke to Developers about Year 1.

I'm disproportionately proud :)

P4Z47BR.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Kiith wrote: »
    Are existing in game resources (Strange coins etc...) going to be used for the new gear? Just wondering if i should be hoarding them instead of buying whatever Xur is selling this week.

I've seen you can buy a consumable from Xur called the Three coins (I think) for strange coins. It gives you an increased chance of an exotic drop when you fight bosses. That's all I know. Don't know what bosses, how more likely it is, how many strange coins you need etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Ha, one of my all-time faves, great Mel Brooks movie :D

spaceballs_zpsd685b1c2.jpg

orig-14199141.jpg?w=748

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had a cool run of VoG hm last night with wonda3oy and some of his mates. Whatever about the game itself being fun to play, the banter within a group makes it so much more fun. That and I got lucky getting Found Verdict.

"Ah ffs I'm after dying jumping over to the middle. One of your fat bodies got in my way."
    "I hope you all die a slow death..."
    "Another Atheon's Epilogue?? Ffs."

:pac:

Times Vengeance: 15 seconds.

"Ah lads can you come over and open the Mars portal. Thanks"

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Missed the twitch yesterday, anyone have link that isnt Twitch - block in work...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Missed the twitch yesterday, anyone have link that isnt Twitch - block in work...

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Any1 around tonight, 9:30 ish/10, willing to help with Skolas? In payment I shall erect a statue in the tower for daily exotic sacrifices.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm coming, Guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oryx wrote: »
    I'm coming, Guardians.

Get out of here you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm coming, Guardians.

*runs away to hug Gjallarhorn*

I swear this game is out to get some people.

For the last 2 weeks I have been helping a friend to level up.

1st week I got him to buy ghorn of xur after an exhausting day of grinding (he is only or was only level 23).

Now I got him to level 31, last week we did CE normal and hard, VoG hard, NF, Weekly etc... he got nothing but shards... PoE 28 as well, nothing, sorry I lie of the nf he got the same legendary he got on the post 3 weeks ago (bungie must have sent it as a present) the one/one synth... same perks as well.

Today I ran the nf with him, and what did he get? the ghorn... lol I mean... seriously? he could got anything but no... oh god

I'm coming, Guardians.

I initially did not get this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I'm coming, Guardians.

Good, saved a spot above the mantle piece for you. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Changes to the Nightfall
    • Now Requires Level 40
    • Wiping no longer returns Fireteams to Orbit
    • Now uses 30 second time-out penalty for Death (same as Raid Normal)
    • No XP buff

Changes to the Heroic
    • Requires Level 40
    • Removed the Weekly Heroic Strikes
    • Instead, accounts receive Legendary Marks for completing the first three Weekly Strikes
    • Removed the Weekly Cap on how many Legendary Marks can be earned.
    • Guarantee a Legendary Engram drop from a character's first clear of a Weekly Heroic Strike

Nightfall tier weekly bounty in Crucible

Daily Heroic/PvP now account rather than character specific

Won't be unlocked until TTK story is completed.

System requirements for Destiny Version 2.0 patch:
    • If you’re playing Destiny on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One:
      • Make sure that you’ve got enough storage space clear.
      • You’ll need around 18GB free for the required update.
      • To make sure you’re ready to play as soon as possible, consider turning on the automatic downloading of game updates on your console.
      • Remember that downloads may incur bandwidth charges from your internet provider (consult your provider).
      • For more details on these platform features:
        PlayStation 4 owners should look here
        Xbox One owners should look here
    • If you’re playing Destiny on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360:
      • Make sure that you’ve got enough storage space clear
      • Xbox 360 owners: you’ll need around 10GB free for the required update
      • PlayStation 3 owners: you’ll need closer to 20GB free for the required update during download and installation. Once install is complete, you’ll need around 10GB free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thanks for the reminder on storage space, samurai.
    That would have seriously annoyed me.
    Anything that goes wrong the week of TTK is going to disproportionately annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm surprised by those Nightfall changes. I thought the threat of being kicked to Orbit when your Fireteam wipes was fundamental to the experience. However, reading their rationale for the change I think it makes sense. They mentioned that they felt that it forced people to play too safe, rather than have fun killing enemies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This is pretty interesting too:
    and now the Burn resist talents found on chest pieces will rotate armor

So we'll need to swtich armour aswell as weapons now to match the burns? Cool. I must admit I've being wearing the same gear for ages now, never change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm surprised by those Nightfall changes. I thought the threat of being kicked to Orbit when your Fireteam wipes was fundamental to the experience. However, reading their rationale for the change I think it makes sense. They mentioned that they felt that it forced people to play too safe, rather than have fun killing enemies.

Being kicked to orbit always annoyed me to be honest. Takes longer to restart then. At least if you wipe just make you restart from the beginning again and not send you to orbit !!

Rewards will be per account? Does that mean doing weekly activities with each character will be a thing of the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rewards will be per account? Does that mean doing weekly activities with each character will be a thing of the past?

Dunno - depends on if the engram or armour drops are class specific

Dunno - depends on if the engram or armour drops are class specific

Oh yeah I read that wrong, sure the engram drop is per character as opposed to per account. So if you run three times with one character you only get one engram. As you were....

• Advertisement

Xur: Plan C, Apotheosis Veil, Peregrine Greaves, Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter) & Gauntlet engram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement