Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

Achievements/Trophies for Taken King for those interested http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/destiny/achievements/

8 for story quests and 2 for Raid completion normal/heroic.

I've been away for a long time and haven't really been paying attention to it so hard for me to know if 8 story missions is a lot or not in temrs of the expansion and the asking price. Guess it's down to their length etc the achievement descriptions say "complete X quest" so guess they could have many parts etc :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm up for "Hangover Sunday Skolas" if anyone fancies it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'm up for "Hangover Sunday Skolas" if anyone fancies it?

I really need to get it done so if I'm online I'd defo be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I finally got my Vex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I finally got my Vex :D

Well tis about time

• Advertisement

thebag89 wrote: »
    Well tis about time

Last try for this week as well and the ransoms were useless. I very nearly quit out :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Achievements/Trophies for Taken King for those interested http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/destiny/achievements/

8 for story quests and 2 for Raid completion normal/heroic.

I've been away for a long time and haven't really been paying attention to it so hard for me to know if 8 story missions is a lot or not in temrs of the expansion and the asking price. Guess it's down to their length etc the achievement descriptions say "complete X quest" so guess they could have many parts etc :confused:

Hard to know tbh, if they're like the current story missions from the main game and DLCs then they'll probably be doable in one sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭klose

Got rank 5 in iron banner last night so finally got up to level 34 after buying etheric light, I like and hate iron banner, can be either really fun or really frustrating rarely is there ever any middle ground.
    I hope they change it up abit post taken king, 2 of the bounties are just focused on heavy weapon spamming and you could argue the 10 kills/defeats in a row promotes camping/heavy weapon spamming too.

I'd just like there to be some rotation in the bounties for IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The connections for crucible are awful. Played a good bit of IB and ToO this weekend and the amount of people with awful connections jittering around the maps is unreal.

Played one team in Trials yestersay where all their characters were seemingly at the back of the map running into walls. Quickly found out that this didn't prevent them from killing us from behind.

We got disconnected in another match where two of us got rabbit errors and the other remained in the match. Checked that site that shows how many times players have disconnected mid-match against you and these three guys had played 70-odd trials games and players had disconnected in every single one. Pretty infuriating when you are on a good run.

• Advertisement

The connections for crucible are awful. Played a good bit of IB and ToO this weekend and the amount of people with awful connections jittering around the maps is unreal.

Played one team in Trials yestersay where all their characters were seemingly at the back of the map running into walls. Quickly found out that this didn't prevent them from killing us from behind.

We got disconnected in another match where two of us got rabbit errors and the other remained in the match. Checked that site that shows how many times players have disconnected mid-match against you and these three guys had played 70-odd trials games and players had disconnected in every single one. Pretty infuriating when you are on a good run.

They were obviously cheating. Did you report them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Delighted to hear that the Raid will not be available on tTK Launch Day.

Looks like it'll maybe a few days or a week after.

Gives everyone time to enjoy all the content and get their ducks in a row regarding the new economy and new weapons etc.

By the time the Raid does launch, I'm guessing people will be lvl40 with a few 2.0 weaponry and can do it without spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't really see how that's a positive, surely you can just play it at your own pace regardless and all this does is artificially stretch out content. Probably won't see hard mode for a while after its released either.

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't really see how that's a positive, surely you can just play it at your own pace regardless and all this does is artificially stretch out content. Probably won't see hard mode for a while after its released either.

I think Cormac is right on this one. The same happened for VOG and it allowed everyone to get to a decent level before tackling it.

You should enjoy the Raid the first time if your not woefully under leveled and feel like banging your head against a wall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah yes getting one shotted by Hobgoblins in VOG. Happy daze.

I think Cormac is right on this one. The same happened for VOG and it allowed everyone to get to a decent level before tackling it.

You should enjoy the Raid the first time if your not woefully under leveled and feel like banging your head against a wall :)

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from waiting until you're appropriately levelled before attempting the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was only mentioning it saturday night, how cool it was when the vault of glass was released first time, I was still trying to level up, so it was common enough to be in that area of venus and bump into a group who were tackling it for the first time, I'd always try and lend a hand and you always got a wave or a dance as thanks before they headed into the vault, much like the randomer who joined in with us on saturday.

~10 Story Missions
    4 New Strikes (PS4)
    Nightfall
    3 New Weekly Strikes from Playlist thingy since the Weekly Heroic will be gone (for marks/engrams)
    New Subclass quest
    Other Quests (Crucible, Patrol, Strikes etc)
    Crucible Weekly Bounty
    Gunsmith Arsmday Bounty.

Plenty to do, especially if you have 3 characters.
    Off the top of my head the above would take at least 10 hours per character, so ~30 hours of stuff to do to prepare for the Raid.

Kind of saves us having to maintain the whole "Blind Raid" list too.

Hell, I could even blow through the Story mode on Tue, Wed and Thur with my 3 characters and happily spend the weekend messing around in PvP with all the new maps, new bounties and and new game modes, with lots of new weapons and a new-meta while using a new Subclass.

Happy Days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from waiting until you're appropriately levelled before attempting the raid.

Agreed.

It could be a few things though.

1. Bungie want you to have leveled up a decent amount before going in
    2. The raid might not actually be ready
    3. Bungie want you to have completed and taken part in the TTK Destiny world - it could be the way the story plays out needs (narratively) some time between the end of the story/strikes for the Raid to make sense. Ie. Oryx sees what we have done in the first week/month and decides to take matters into his own hands.

Bungie might be delaying it from a story perspective - to make a big deal of Oryx arriving himself as an event, rather than it all dropping and happening in one big go.

There's plenty to do and its going to be great, don't get wrong (gonna become known as negative now...). But I still see no benefits to delaying the raid, all of the supposed benefits can be had regardless and delaying it just limits the player's options.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, not a fan of delaying the raid. We're going to have to level up before we play it regardless but it would be nice to have the option to dive straight in once levelled.

I didn't say there was. But when its released on launch day everyone will tend to jump into the Raid first before doing anything else.

My plan is to do the story missions on each character and unlock and rank up the new subclasses first. I also want to have a look at the new quest lines and bounties.
    Then I'll probably look around for level 24s with Zero Grimore and point and laugh and show off some of my year one items that they'll never have seen before :D
    Then get a feel for some of the new weapons and have a few games of the new Crucible modes.

After all that is done I'll be going patrolling the Dreadnaught to see what I can find and see if I can find some of these player triggered bosses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

There's plenty to do and its going to be great, don't get wrong (gonna become known as negative now...). But I still see no benefits to delaying the raid, all of the supposed benefits can be had regardless and delaying it just limits the player's options.

As Mitch mentions - maybe it's not ready or maybe they're giving themselves an extra week or whatever to do some fine tuning. Doesn't bother me either way, truck load of content to get through before I'd want to go near the raid anyway. :)

Honestly, there's probably a bit of a selfish element too where they want to ensure all their favourite darling streaming teams can "go-Live" streaming it when it drops.

Given that the Raid is lvl40 and we're all gone be lvl34 max, it makes sense.

There'll be enough content to keep things exciting for 7 days between tTK launch and the Kings Fall.

That being said I reckon maybe booking several days off work might now be a bit of overkill.
    Might book off both Wednesdays though instead so I can have a late one both Tuesdays (16th, 23rd)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Agreed.

Bungie might be delaying it from a story perspective - to make a big deal of Oryx arriving himself as an event, rather than it all dropping and happening in one big go.

Oryx for Halloween? :D six weeks is a big wait though.

I don't know about you but I still have 2 Jackolytes ready in my vault :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah - I'd be surprised if there was a more than a 4 week wait.

If you take TTK release as Week 1, then Week 3 should be Iron Banner. I reckon they should keep Iron Banner and the Raid apart on release, so Weeks 2 or 4 would make sense to me. Week 4 more so. Just a personal opinion.

I'd honestly be pretty surprised if it was more than 7 days later.... like VERY surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't know about you but I still have 2 Jackolytes ready in my vault :pac:

Bungie maintained that these would drop on a rare basis but I've certainly seen it. Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

bugs wrote: »
    Bungie maintained that these would drop on a rare basis but I've certainly seen it. Anyone?

They only ever dropped during the All Hallows period. Still have 4 sitting in Vault. I've been tempted to use them during Crucible / IB, but never went ahead(get it? :)) with it, as never knew if they would become available again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement