Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

bugs wrote: »
    Bungie maintained that these would drop on a rare basis but I've certainly seen it. Anyone?

Nah, they've never dropped. You just got your 3 (per character was it?) last year and thats that

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

They only ever dropped during the All Hallows period. Still have 4 sitting in Vault. I've been tempted to use them during Crucible / IB, but never went ahead(get it? :)) with it, as never knew if they would become available again.

Did you get Skolas done over the weekend (Un)Solvable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    Did you get Skolas done over the weekend (Un)Solvable?

No.:mad::mad:. Was running with Squirrel and JCD. We got up to Pilot Servitor, had him at roughly 70%, and some bad luck ended in wipe. Just starting again and I had to bail due to little fella waking up. Should be on again tonight to try get it done.

We had more trouble with Cabal round than any other, due to Arc modifier and those bloody Sions. Fallen round with Special Target is fairly easy with a bubble on his door.

Has anyone ever gotten any of those Focused Light codes from the Red Bull stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    Given that the Raid is lvl40 and we're all gone be lvl34 max, it makes sense.

One of the things that has kept me coming back to Destiny is chancing my arm at a raid, when I know I'm not max levelled - just to see what's going on:
    Finding a group of people doing the first section of VoG and helping them to build the tower, and wondering what's happening inside the giant door.
    Trying to solo the abyss, getting a little further each time, maybe even catching a glimpse of the bridge.

It's good to try these things out and come to the realisation that you need to level up or get new gear, in order to be able to do a little better next time.

That being said, I think delaying the new raid gives you a week to build up your characters just enough so you're almost good enough to chance the raid. It adds another layer to the excitement.
    Maybe you'll get the first section done that week and you'll try it again the following week with some more gear, better suited weapons and a bit more of a game plan.

The worst thing I can imagine now would be to burn through the TTK content, hit max level and cheese the raid into an anti-climatic mess. I'm going to try to soak up the new content and hand Oryx his ass when I'm ready :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah two of my clan members got a hoarde of them from a US guy we know. Their postmaster is full of them. They'll be level 40 come 15/09 but I don't see the point myself.

No.:mad::mad:. .

Petition to have SolvableKnave change his boards signature until he kills Skolas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Petition to have SolvableKnave change his boards signature until he kills Skolas :pac:

Signed !

I used a generator - worked first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

No.:mad::mad:. Was running with Squirrel and JCD. We got up to Pilot Servitor, had him at roughly 70%, and some bad luck ended in wipe. Just starting again and I had to bail due to little fella waking up. Should be on again tonight to try get it done.

We had more trouble with Cabal round than any other, due to Arc modifier and those bloody Sions. Fallen round with Special Target is fairly easy with a bubble on his door.

yeah,the cabal one was the hardest for sure, defusing the mines was tricky as they could one shot you easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

First flawless on trials last night - cheers to Mick and Gerard for that.

We burned the mercy on the second game and nearly discarded the card, then said "ah sure we'll keep playing until we lose" only to go on handily enough. Our lighthouse game ended up 5-1 or something like that - comfortable.

Got a void summoner for my troubles.

Had a run on the second character late last night and encountered some really really tough teams. Went 5-0 and then encountered the same awful team twice who knocked us out ... honestly feel we worked harder to get to that 5-0 than the lighthouse on the other character.

One/two more runs tonight though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If you could start a petition to help me get Skolas, that would be much appreciated. So much so, I would add you in with whoever answers the call for a saucy pic. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have 100+ focused light. Found a sequence of codes that worked so spammed them for 50 before I got bored. Turned Destiny on last week and went to the postmaster and he had another 50 for me.

First flawless on trials last night - cheers to Mick and Gerard for that.

We burned the mercy on the second game and nearly discarded the card, then said "ah sure we'll keep playing until we lose" only to go on handily enough. Our lighthouse game ended up 5-1 or something like that - comfortable.

Got a void summoner for my troubles.

Had a run on the second character late last night and encountered some really really tough teams. Went 5-0 and then encountered the same awful team twice who knocked us out ... honestly feel we worked harder to get to that 5-0 than the lighthouse on the other character.

One/two more runs tonight though...

Fair play. I might be on tonight for some TOO or IB

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I finally got my Vex :D

I'm still without this bloody VEX :mad::mad::mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm still without this bloody VEX :mad::mad::mad:

Did ye make the light house last night johnny? Every time I checked your score ye were winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I have 100+ focused light. Found a sequence of codes that worked so spammed them for 50 before I got bored. Turned Destiny on last week and went to the postmaster and he had another 50 for me.

Same as that only I got bored at the 15 mark, a couple of weeks later and the postmaster had another 15. Ten ready to go on each character.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Same as that only I got bored at the 15 mark, a couple of weeks later and the postmaster had another 15. Ten ready to go on each character.

How can I get them so?

How can I get them so?

The day the Red Bull cans were launched someone discovered sequences that the codes all followed.

I got one of those codes that were posted on Reddit and spent about two hours getting different ones to work.

Is there anyway to get them now?
    Or did I miss the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

How can I get them so?

http://quest.redbull.com/us/en/claim

It's been some time but I think I was using a seven digit code and a letter on the end. Numbers just contained 343, so for example: 3433434A

I just jumbled them around and changed the letter a few times and most worked for me with just a few refusals, I've seen different codes that contained 2 letters but that was after I had input mine so never bothered again.

Edit: after a quick site visit it seems the digits to be used are of the 347 variety, at the time I thought it was 343 as a reference to Halo but couldn't get anything with 343 to work. Don't forget to use a vpn stateside.

• Advertisement

4 Attempts later and I'm locked out of the site....

Feck it, I'll go do some bounties or something :D

Thanks though

4 Attempts later and I'm locked out of the site....

Feck it, I'll go do some bounties or something :D

Thanks though

I sent you a PM there.

I sent you a PM there.

Yeah, none of that worked, Red Bull must have gotten wise to these antics since you all got your codes.

I tried a handful of times and got a warning for being pure shifty :pac:

I appreciate the help though, nothing ventured and all that

Cormac, tried this generator, worked for me last week.

actually i am getting the shifty message too now. oups.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

actually i am getting the shifty message too now. oups.

i just did some there and it worked for me a few times, so still works, you might have just been unlucky. Went through private browsing, read that it works better that way...not sure how

:(

Sorry we have been experiencing irregular activity on our website that is preventing your unique code from being recognized. Red Bull is committed to ensuring that all customers who qualify for this offer receive their in game rewards. Please take the following simple steps to validate your code and we will be in contact shortly. Contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Hey just got a One, downloading Destiny as I type this. Requested to join the Boards clan there. Hope ye have room for a competent(ish) level 34 Warlock.

Outmodedrope.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

:(

Sorry we have been experiencing irregular activity on our website that is preventing your unique code from being recognized. Red Bull is committed to ensuring that all customers who qualify for this offer receive their in game rewards. Please take the following simple steps to validate your code and we will be in contact shortly. Contact us.

Im getting the same error, and any of the proxys I use wont load the captcha so I cant get any further. If anyone has a spare code for the bungie site I would greatly appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Hey just got a One, downloading Destiny as I type this. Requested to join the Boards clan there. Hope ye have room for a competent(ish) level 34 Warlock.

Outmodedrope.

Ill ad you there later. You upgrading from a 360 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement