Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was there a bungie stream today?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Was there a bungie stream today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKEHuqe1_Cg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I can't remember what they said about upgrading a Year 1 Exotic weapon to Year 2. Did they cover that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I can't remember what they said about upgrading a Year 1 Exotic weapon to Year 2. Did they cover that?

You just buy the blueprint for any exotic you already have. Costs 125 legendary marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Raid going live at 6pm GMT on Friday 18/09/15 is literally the best news ever, a mere 3 days wait and BAM! All weekend to focus on the raid. Everybody wins.

Free shotgun round to anyone who asks me to cover work that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Skolas, you are a sneaky, conniving little hoor.

Had him at 25%. Burning him down to death, couple more rockets and he's done. Fcuker one shots me, Conovar shoots a wall and beard runs away as mines started to spawn.

We had him, it was right there, just beyond our fingertips, and he yanks it away.

I at least had the pleasure to hear the following statement: **** that's Skolas, I just punched him in the balls.

Thanks again for the run lads. Next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had him at 25%. Burning him down to death, couple more rockets and he's done. Fcuker one shots me, Conovar shoots a wall and beard runs away as mines started to spawn.

We had him, it was right there, just beyond our fingertips, and he yanks it away.

I at least had the pleasure to hear the following statement: **** that's Skolas, I just punched him in the balls.

I was in the wrong position (did not shoot a wall!) when we started burning him down as I wasn't expecting the rockets to start flying while I was in the corner! Got swamped by Shanks and Vandals where I was standing - needed to be up at the top level of that area. FCUK.

I should be able to get on tonight or maybe tomorrow night around the same time if you want to give it another go.

I was in the wrong position (did not shoot a wall!) when we started burning him down as I wasn't expecting the rockets to start flying while I was in the corner! Got swamped by Shanks and Vandals where I was standing - needed to be up at the top level of that area. FCUK.

I should be able to get on tonight or maybe tomorrow night around the same time if you want to give it another go.

I'll have to get clearance from Mrs Knave. I think she was on the verge of pulling a Skolas at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Man you are very unlucky

If you need one let me know and I will give you a hand, I need to do it on Xbox a couple of times this week but i dont mind spending sometime this week on ps4 as there is literally nothing else to do

BTW guys, I thought that the taken king was going to be available at 6pm on tuesday but looking at my countdown it says that the game will be playable in 22 days 16ish hours which means closer to midnight on that monday? (well tuesday but I mean monday night)

Bohrio wrote: »
    Man you are very unlucky

If you need one let me know and I will give you a hand, I need to do it on Xbox a couple of times this week but i dont mind spending sometime this week on ps4 as there is literally nothing else to do

BTW guys, I thought that the taken king was going to be available at 6pm on tuesday but looking at my countdown it says that the game will be playable in 22 days 16ish hours which means closer to midnight on that monday? (well tuesday but I mean monday night)

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did the shanks & vandals spawn on you? You should clear all ads from the map before you attack him once the taint is in play.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did the shanks & vandals spawn on you? You should clear all ads from the map before you attack him once the taint is in play.

We had cleared out everything - it was just us and Skolas so we went to burn him TO THE GROUND - but once the rockets started hitting a new set of ads (and shortly after, the mines) triggered. I was standing at the back left corner (as you look at the area coming in) as I wasn't expecting rockets to start flying yet - would have prefered to be up top on the raised area in that section (not the area bottom right as you come into the area) with a bubble placed for protection. I reckon we had him down to less than 10% health when it fell apart.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We had cleared out everything - it was just us and Skolas so we went to burn him TO THE GROUND - but once the rockets started hitting a new set of ads (and shortly after, the mines) triggered. I was standing at the back left corner (as you look at the area coming in) as I wasn't expecting rockets to start flying yet - would have prefered to be up top on the raised area in that section (not the area bottom right as you come into the area) with a bubble placed for protection. I reckon we had him down to less than 10% health when it fell apart.

Sickener.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How long had you spent on him up til then?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How long had you spent on him up til then?

At Skolas was about an hour. Took us about an hour to get to him. Got though the first four rounds quick enough but we wiped a few times on round 5 and that one takes so long anyway, stupid fecking bullet sponge servitor.

We were actually running Skolas pretty well most of the time, a couple of stupid early wipes but mostly it was going grand. I figured once we cleared the first mines we were free and clear to get it done - but we weren't coordinated enough on the final assault at it fell apart and the ads killed me from behind (or G-Horn proximity got me), Solvable got one shotted and needs more beard was never going to be able to solo the end of it.

A couple of bubbles up top and we would have had it, imo. DAMN IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AFAIK: Weapon Balancing is happening Tue 8th, Main Story and Strikes coming Tue 15th, then the Raid coming Friday 18th

Cormac... wrote: »
    AFAIK: Weapon Balancing is happening Tue 8th, Main Story and Strikes coming Tue 15th, then the Raid coming Friday 18th

Thats correct - but what time TTK actually drops at, is important - for Dedicated Guardians like myself who have taken Tuesday off work... hopefully it releases at 00:01 Tuesday, though I only really planned on starting it off on Tuesday morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

At Skolas was about an hour. Took us about an hour to get to him. Got though the first four rounds quick enough but we wiped a few times on round 5 and that one takes so long anyway, stupid fecking bullet sponge servitor.

We were actually running Skolas pretty well most of the time, a couple of stupid early wipes but mostly it was going grand. I figured once we cleared the first mines we were free and clear to get it done - but we weren't coordinated enough on the final assault at it fell apart and the ads killed me from behind (or G-Horn proximity got me), Solvable got one shotted and needs more beard was never going to be able to solo the end of it.

Sounds unlucky alright. Ah hopefully Solvable will get it at the wkend.

All the talk about Skolas has me thinking about reading up on it and trying it wkend after next - but just saw it only has 5 days left to go so that's that out the window (way too busy with work the next week). I'll have to live without that particular badge of honour. :)

Must track down those last 5 Golden chests I need though.

Thats correct - but what time TTK actually drops at, is important - for Dedicated Guardians like myself who have taken Tuesday off work... hopefully it releases at 00:01 Tuesday, though I only really planned on starting it off on Tuesday morning.

Wednesday seems like the safest bet for taking off work imo!

All the talk about Skolas has me thinking about reading up on it and trying it wkend after next - but just saw it only has 5 days left to go so that's that out the window (way too busy with work the next week). I'll have to live without that particular badge of honour. :)

Yeah, I think there was a case of White Line Fever there too. We probably should have done one more run around map to get supers ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You are rushing things. If a new set of adds appear stop hitting skolas and clear them first before the mines activate (this happens right below the beginning of Skolas K - actually right between the S and the K). You dont want to trigger the mines while adds are out there. So if you the adds appear and you are nowhere close to the above point (S-K thingie) stop shooting at him and just kills adds.

You can kill Skolas even if you chose to ignore the mines and focus on him first (and once he is dead go for the mines) but in my experience and unless you time it right you are better off taking care of the second mines first and then go for skolas when there are no more mines to worry about.

Yeah, I think there was a case of White Line Fever there too. We probably should have done one more run around map to get supers ready.

if you do get on tonight and need someone to run it with you, just message me here or on PSN - i'll probably not log on tonight for destiny otherwise, so you won't see my name in the active player list. I'll hop on to run it, but will watch New Girl and other comedic masterpieces with the other half otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Give Solveable your account details I'm sure he'll be happy to run it for you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You are rushing things.

Petition to have Bohrio to set up his "School of Skolas on PS4" this weekend to help other Clan Admins (Fieldog, Solveable) get their Skolas done!! :pac:

Youtube link of the stream for anyone at work:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Give Solveable your account details I'm sure he'll be happy to run it for you :P

Oh I'd be only too glad to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

gimli2112 wrote: »

I sent him my credit card numbers and he was able to tell me they were stolen online. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

That's why we call him Honest Solvable!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For selfish reasons I hope TTK is launched at 6 on Tuesday evening.

Then I get all Tuesday night and I think I'll have the flu on Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finally got the last few chests for Moments of Triumph. Weird thing happened where one of the chest on Mars bugged out for me, and didn't register that I already got it. Had to get it on my Hunter for it to register for some odd reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

wes wrote: »
    Finally got the last few chests for Moments of Triumph. Weird thing happened where one of the chest on Mars bugged out for me, and didn't register that I already got it. Had to get it on my Hunter for it to register for some odd reason.

You have to get 50 chests on 1 character, if I remember correctly. It doesn't count if you get 49 chests on 1 character and the remaining 1 on an alternate character.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement