Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

quad_red wrote: »
    Icebreaker is 17 SC.

Helm of Inmost Light [Exotic Titan helmet] – 13SC
    Crest of Alpha Lupi [Exotic Hunter chest armout] – 13SC
    Light Beyond Nemesis [Exotic Warlock helmet] – 13SC
    Ice Breaker [Exotic sniper rifle] – 17SC
    Exotic Shard – 7SC
    As for the Exotics you can upgrade, take a look.

ARMOUR – Knucklehead Radar, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Helm of Inmost Light, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Apotheosis Veil, Sunbreakers
    WEAPONS – The Last Word, Ice Breaker, Patience and Time, Super Good Advice, Gjallarhorn, Truth

fuuuuck...I may be 2 strange coins short!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

quad_red wrote: »
    But surely if it was that simple they'd just reduce the price on them and flog em (at least while the bug is in play).

The sythns themselves must be part of the problem.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-30-bungie-finally-squashing-one-of-destinys-most-annoying-bugs

The problem is actually tied into any amour that has heavy ammo perks. The calculations used in applying ammo when you die gets a bit confused in relation to those perks, as the order in which the calculation looks at things is in such a specific way that for some reason, the end result of the calculation is lower than what you had started with. Apparantly they've been looking at for some time and have only recently, really gotten on top of it.

Taken from a Bungie Weekly Update 29 January:
    The basic flaw here is an ordering problem. Our inventory system creates your weapons when your characters spawn. When that happens, it tries to restore the same fraction of ammo that you had when you died. The bug occurred because the weapon is created before capacity modifiers from armor perks are applied, so the persisted fraction yields fewer rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    There's some real good legendary ones you can buy in the Tower.
    B-Trauma (rate of fire lolz)
    The Badger (have one with really good perks - range and explosions)
    The Saterienne Rapier (have this fully ranked and it's good but some people rave about it)
    TBH since I got the Crota one that's the one I'm using.

I do like the Mida but the fact it takes up an exotic slot makes the legendaries a better option.

I think I'd have to agree but having the Mida to use the odd time is nice. I think the usefulness of the legendarys come down to the perks the weapon carries. I've used Badger CCL (Crap perks) so it's just a backup weapon for one of my characters, Saterienne Rapier (Firefly and Outlaw) and Crusader I (Third Eye and Outlaw), so far I lean for the Rapier, explosions and fast reload are sweet in PvE but third eye should be especially useful in PvP. I just picked up Vision of Confluence in a recent VOG so this will be useful in future raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just got the IceBreaker as a reward from the Nightfall. At least I have two now, one for each character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

So..whats the fastest way to get 6 SC so I can buy the Icebreaker this weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm looking for 4x31s (Ideall), maybe 1 or 2 30s if we have some 32s, to Run through the Hard Vault of Glass and Normal Crotas End later, doing VoG 1st, starting at about fish. Wanna try and get through both of them in about 2.5hours ideally

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm looking for 4x31s to Run through the Hard Vault of Glass and Normal Crotas End later, doing VoG 1st, starting at about fish. Wanna try and get through both of them in about 2.5hours ideally

32s need not apply?
    I'm writing to the EU Commission for Human Rights

Having spent 4 hours on VoG Hard Mode and failing to kill Normal Crota at the end of CE last week I kind of wanna just bomb through them tonight with a mate so we can have some time to play some other games (that's right) before it hits like 3am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

4 hours?! What in the world? Was actually going to LFG VoG HM the other day but its just not the same now, level 32 groups with max guns. The most fun I ever had on this game was completing it for the first time with 6 29s and 1 Ghorn, newbies doing it on 31 vendor gear just don't understand the struggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    So..whats the fastest way to get 6 SC so I can buy the Icebreaker this weekend :D

It would be easier if you have multiple characters.
    You have a chance of getting a strange coin for the first public event you do each day.
    Weekly (obviously) and chance on a Nightfall
    Do strikes cashing in engrams. You'd certainly (famous last words) get two or three relatively quickly.
    Ranking up the crypto , vanguard and crucible guys you have a chance one drops
    Crucible and Strike rewards

• Advertisement

Glitches + Drink + Some new people still getting to grips with Hard Mode = A Long VoG Run.

I normally don't mind playing as a sherpa each weekend, helping low level or inexperienced characters through....
    But we really wanna finish The Walking Dead Season 1 and try some Gucameele later so I don't want to be raiding into the wee hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finished the last part of the thorn bounty last night, it was much easier than I was expecting. My internet crapped out before I could give the gun a spin in pvp though so I have just played a game there now and as I expected I'm still utter ****e with handcannons.

I'm looking for 4x31s (Ideall), maybe 1 or 2 30s if we have some 32s, to Run through the Hard Vault of Glass and Normal Crotas End later, doing VoG 1st, starting at about fish. Wanna try and get through both of them in about 2.5hours ideally

So, what time is fish? Can't seem to find it here:
    1012-B-C610-P1-MD.jpg

8ish or 9ish :P

8ish or 9ish :P

Couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Glitches + Drink + Some new people still getting to grips with Hard Mode = A Long VoG Run.

That was a long night alright, I was one of the newbies!
    There were lessons learned. As I was set up as Sunsinger for the self revive, I tended to sit on my super incase until I died. Whereas if I was a voidwalker (w/ obsidian mind) I would have been using my super more and generating orbs. Also, voidwalker is handy at the Gatekeeper part if you are teleported to Venus to help clear out the Praetorian.
    I tended to not switch to my heavy often enough; sparing it for the "what if" moment. In reality I should have been using it once I see a Praetorian and also for dropping the oracles (although my VOC does a decent job on those).

I ran the HM again this week with a PuG, and definately found it easier. The only thing that this group did different was with the Templar, we jumped down and grouped in the back right corner. Got the oracles if we could but cleansed otherwise. Seemed to work OK and also have the advantage of getting ammo.
    At Atheon, I swapped out IceBreaker for Black hammer as, even with my rubbish sniping, I was able to trigger the white nail perk.
    Yet to get an exotic drop but did get Atheons Epilogue with it's almost negative impact!

^ Better off use Sunsinger for almost all the VoG Hard Mode IMHO. Nova Bombing the odd Praetorian is not worth missing self revivie.
    That being said, Voidwalker is better for Crotas End for almost all parts (expect the bridge) and maybe Normal Crota himself

That being said, Voidwalker is better for Crotas End for almost all parts (expect the bridge) and maybe Normal Crota himself

Why is Voidwalker better for these parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

for the end it is better because you can create a bunch of orbs for the other characters to use.

for the end it is better because you can create a bunch of orbs for the other characters to use.

Abyss: use Votex Nova Bomb either on your way to, or turning around just after you arrive at, a lamp. You either create a massive Void that enemies won't walk into near the lamp so you can lose your weight of darkness in peace or you will kill like 10-20 Thralls and spawn a $hit ton of orbs (and if you have Obsidian mind you end up with Super again).

Bridge: Sunsinger for this part.

Thrallway: Clear a path in a a BIG way

Ir Yut: Massive long lasting Vortex if you drop it right at the doorway when you poke your head in to kill the Shriekers is helpful as the sword knights won't walk in and hit you if you stand inside it. Same premise applies for when you are in the crystal from with Ir Yut, although I guess Sunsinger grenades would work too. Idea being that you create walls with Void/Solar to deny movement access to the Knights. Vortex Nova Bomb on Ir Yut when she's singing her song and standing still is great

Crota: As Conovar said, have 2 void walkers face left and right with big, long lasting Vortex selected, the minute the shields drop, both use it and clear about 10 Acolytes total from the nearby parts. Then collect some orbs, get the knights down to about 20% health and each Major then is worth 4 orbs each, 8 if you get 2 obviously. You can pretty much all leave the crystal room with full supers and a remaining 10-15 orbs on the ground. With Crota especially on Hard, the main idea would be not to die in the 1st place. I dunno if it makes sense, but being a Voidwalker makes you mentally more prepared for a good run as you're not like "era, shure I can pop back up anyway like"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can use Sunsinger to make orbs too

DeSelby83 wrote: »

When you find out, let me know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

When you find out, let me know :pac:

If the two of ye are free tomorrow afternoon/evening and if ye haven't done the NF/weekly, then I could run it with ye?

Am working tonight unfortunately :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Can use Sunsinger to make orbs too

Scorch melee has a perk that will fairly regularly produce two orbs when you kill thralls with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If the two of ye are free tomorrow afternoon/evening and if ye haven't done the NF/weekly, then I could run it with ye?

I might be free for the early afternoon tomorrow. Probably in between 12 and 3 or so I think and I'd definitely be up for some daily/weekly and attempting a NF. Havnt been able to sit down to destiny for almost 2 weeks now

aaronh007 wrote: »

Yup, I might be able to..not sure if I'm working tomorrow or not but I will let you know.

Just logged into Destiny and found out I have 26SC :D don't even know where they came from - first exotic, Icebreaker :) also have the pocket infinity bounty to complete

Did someone on here say before that they got some sort of comfy cover for the PS Vita that allows you to play it and hold it a bit easier?

I'm contemplating getting a Vita under the clever guise of still being able to play that while spending "quality time with my OH" or saying "Hey hun, I got you this handheld to play" and then "oh you're not using the Vita are you? Sure I'll just throw on a bit of Destiny so" :D

I just finished a HM Vault of Glass Raid. It is only the second time I've completed it but I only got Shards the whole way through. A couple of Energies too. Pretty disappointing.

Did someone on here say before that they got some sort of comfy cover for the PS Vita that allows you to play it and hold it a bit easier?

I'm contemplating getting a Vita under the clever guise of still being able to play that while spending "quality time with my OH" or saying "Hey hun, I got you this handheld to play" and then "oh you're not using the Vita are you? Sure I'll just throw on a bit of Destiny so" :D

Yeah, that was me. IMHO it is a pretty essential accessory to have for the Vita. It makes holding it so much more comfortable. The one I got, Nyko Power Grip: 812LrhaVA%2BL._SL1500_.jpg has an internal battery, so you get really extended play time with it. It needs to be charged and drained a couple of times before the battery reaches 100% effectiveness, but once it does, you'll really notice the difference. Plus, the system will use the external battery before it touches the Vita's own battery, which is a plus.

Couple of criticisms: 1) The grip does not make it very portable for storing in a bag if your commuting. 2) The feel of the grip is slightly on the slippery side. If they had used a bit of rubber in the construction for the grips themselves, it would have almost perfect grip feel.

They are the only downsides in my view. Worth the investment overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Gonna piggyback on this a litlle as no one seems to have any experience in the Vita tread. Anyone try out destiny on the Vita from outside their home network, I'm 4 nights away from my PS4 and would love to be able to knock out some easy bounties and gather some glimmer on the Vita. Connections both ends will be pretty good when Eircom finally takes the finger out and supplies our other location with the promised upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement