Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Vex Mythoclast will upgrade to year 2 level but only if you acquired it before the Xbox Guardian Titiangerm, it will now be the most powerful exotic in the game and never be nerfed.

Well that means every single Destiny player will have it bar me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    Crucible Auto Rifle - Low Down
    Vanguard Fusion Rifle - Give Take Equation
    FWC - The Fulcrum
    NM - Judgement 6
    Anyone else have other great PvP suggestions?

Dead Orbit - Exodus Plan RS/1 if you need a rocket launcher ready rolled for Crucible

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I deleted Plan C and SAG exotic bounties to make room for Iron Banner ones last time round knowing I wouldn't have time to complete them before tTK.

Feel a bit foolish now

I deleted Plan C and SAG exotic bounties to make room for Iron Banner ones last time round knowing I wouldn't have time to complete them before tTK.

Feel a bit foolish now

That sucks but at least you have a chance of acquiring them again. For me personally, I've had all exotic bounties drop multiple times. I had to wait a bloody long time for SGA the first time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just reading through an AMA on Reddit with a Games Informer guy who did this months cover story on TTK.

Just came across this little bit on the TTK story.

Going to spoiler it, just in case. It is about some of the story (and where it takes place) and HOLY CRAP I CAN'T FECKING WAIT, especially if it is a hint at similar things that may happen...
    but a bunch of story missions open up afterward, and I only had time to play a couple of them, including the one that took me back to the Vault of Glass to learn more about Praedyth

Like seriously, wow. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Feel a bit foolish now

cad84200a2429782b35f95dcbd4b1390.420x410x1.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Plan C? Do you mean Invective.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone up for some Salvage (grimore) this evening?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No they'll complete your bounty just before reset, you then hand in your completed exotic bounty and you can then claim your Year 1 Thorn, Bad JuJu etc.

That's brilliant news! I was never going to get that Thorn bounty done in time (maybe have a chance with the new Hunter subclass after TTK comes). Managed to get Bad JuJu done recently though.

In before someone tells you to camp in doorways with a Vendor bought Shotgun/Fusion and camp the heavy a full minute early :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finished that on Wednesday, ****s sweatier than trials. The modes so flawed too, in a close match its far too risky to capture the relic!

So I guess I will have to book off Tuesday now.

It look like tTK (Main Story) launches at 10am here (reset) but on the positive side, the Raid launches at 6pm here on Friday, meaning I can still work Thursday/Friday..... taking 4 days off would have made my fiancé ask some serious questions about my priorities in life, can't wait for her to be patched

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Plan C? Do you mean Invective.

Actually meant Pocket Infinity

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

possibly the most infruiating one to do (including the Thorn).

Thrash ten blue or higher fusion rifles.
    Back in the day you'd save them in the vault but then space ran out. You'd be checking with the gun guy everytime you landed in the tower to see if he was selling them. Getting a blue fusion from a legendary engram got you excited.

Next leg you had to kill 200 enemies in the NF with fusion rifles, which could be painful in itself.

Don't worry, all 3 of those weapons are pretty sh!t :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »

Back in the day you'd save them in the vault but then space ran out. You'd be checking with the gun guy everytime you landed in the tower to see if he was selling them. Getting a blue fusion from a legendary engram got you excited.

Next leg you had to kill 200 enemies in the NF with fusion rifles, which could be painful in itself.
    easy enough if you simply started up the night fall and went elsewhere - some other story area; where you could kill yellow bar but more importantly, be killed and revive 5 seconds later without having gone to orbit.

Only 2 more wins for 5 more grimoire, unfortunately that's only the first 25 wins so a long way to go.

The VIP kills on patrol is the one that's really dragging, sometimes you get lucky and can knock out 3 or 4 but other times nada.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Only 2 more wins for 5 more grimoire, unfortunately that's only the first 25 wins so a long way to go.

I'll help you to 2, if you help me to my remaining 13 :P
    The VIP kills on patrol is the one that's really dragging, sometimes you get lucky and can knock out 3 or 4 but other times nada.

tTK has Quests and Weekly bounties requiring (5?) ViP kills so that'll complete itself over time I guess as opposed to grinding it.
    I find collecting and dumping all the patrol missions in the cosmodrome works best. Steppes -?> Mothyards -> Forgotten Shore -> Repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone around for Trials tonight? I'll be on from 8.

I'll help you to 2, if you help me to my remaining 13 :P

Correction, 63, I just checked ;)

Don't forget to bring your sidearm.

• Advertisement

Correction, 63, I just checked ;)

Don't forget to bring your sidearm.

I'm considering 50/100 to be sufficient for now.
    I've shelved the "Big 6" of Grimoire (Rumble, Salvage, Ogres, Hydras, Sidearm Kills and ViP kills) for the most part.

I've played 2,400 games of Crucible.... 1,600 of those have been Control (incl Iron Banner).... I need help :o

I'm considering 50/100 to be sufficient for now.
    I've shelved the "Big 6" of Grimoire (Rumble, Salvage, Ogres, Hydras, Sidearm Kills and ViP kills) for the most part.

Rumble is definitely on the back burner as I'm currently sitting on 6 so to reach 25 would be a major achievement for me.

Salvage needs my attention as does Skirmish but these are all doable.

Sidearms are a chore, I've started doing 'We've woken the hive' for a good few bounties and use the sidearm when possible.

Great to hear the VIP kills will become easier.

Tannicks mission, don't forget to turn right when you first go through the door at the bottom of the stairs and nab the 2 ogres up there.

As I've done a **** ton of strikes my Ogres and Hydras are in good shape and will be completed soon.

TOO need much carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

gimli2112 wrote: »

Thankfully I got this bounty the same week Vex dropped.

What really annoys me about strikes for Grimore is having to do the crappy map screen ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What really annoys me about strikes for Grimore is having to do the crappy map screen ones :(

That should be fixed in TTK with the strike specific rewards.

Pulled this from bungie forum: https://www.bungie.net/nb/Forum/Post/101097919/0/0

Nightfall, Weeklies, and playlists don't count towards your strike completions. The only strikes that count are the original strikes on the planets. If you go into a strike by yourself, it will only count as one. However, I completed them with one person in my fire team, and it counted as THREE every time! Find a buddy and get them done!

And another good tip:
    Always play in a fireteam
    When you play with your friends you earn progression points based on their activities, so their sniper kills are counted as part of your tally, and your shotgun kills contribute to their totals. There’s no downside and will ease the grind considerably.

^ The downside is playing 70 pointless strikes for no rewards other than some grimore (Kills, Major Types, Game Mode)

^ The downside is playing 70 pointless strikes for no rewards other than some grimore (Kills, Major Types, Game Mode)

This is the problem. At least if the strike playlist counted towards the Grimore then it wouldnt be such a chore to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone around for Trials tonight? I'll be on from 8.

I can be on if your really desperate , I suck at trials don't think I've gotten more than 2 wins :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement