Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

thebag89 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how many people had their Moments of Triumph thing complete when Bungie released it?

Yeah I had them all done.

Disappointed about trials leaving for a bit alright, really is by far the best thing in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I still have to complete my triumphs, I've never done crota or skolas and I'm missing 3 chests. I've never had a chance to play ToO either :s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone have Skoriks, Archon Slayer uncompleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone have Skoriks, Archon Slayer uncompleted.

I haven't done it yet myself. I doubt I'll get a chance before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Here is an interesting article about some behind the scenes legal battles at Bungie while Destiny was being developed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I haven't done it yet myself. I doubt I'll get a chance before the deadline.

Got it in the end, went on reddit and found someone with the bounty as that's the only way to do it.

He left the party after promoting me so he'd still have it and then me and another finished off the boss. There's a few people like him helping out.

Got all of them in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CONTROL BUBBLE TRAIN:

ALL ABOARD - CHOO CHOO!!!

Had some laugh last night in Control with Chimp, Dudelie, Noob/Salty, Culhcannon and Totzire doing the bubble train.

We only won I'd say 1 game in 5 attempts, but to fair it took us a while to decide how we were gonna do it.
    Here's kind of what we settled on that seemed most reliable.
    2 Titans with Blessings and Helm of St.14
    2 Titans with Weapons and Crest of Alpha Lupi
    2 Offensive players (1 gunslinger and 1 voidwalker, but 2nd golden gun would have been better in hindsight).

Helm of St-14 just in case blade dancers or strikers came at us, we could at least clean them up when they were blind. 4 Crest of Alpha Lupi was Orb-overkill.
    With bubbles like those it was 10 orbs and then Chimp and Totz were adding 2-4 regularly and we all had close to max INT

Cap the 1st zone and just camp there teams hotting anyone who comes (usually there are 2 main entry points and one other, so you can 2-3 teamshot the other team).
    We realised capping a 2nd zone early (like B) usually caused too much confusion and spread our spawns around the map too much.
    At least if you just cap one zone, you know they are gonna come from the other 2 zones.

Tried using armour of light but once the opposition team copped on they rarely jumped into the bubbles.

It was probably the most fun I've had in PvP in a long while, the dancing, the trolling, the waving, the seeing the other team just standing there not know what do to makes €20 emotes seem like value for money now :D

SALVAGE:

Aside from that me and Dudeeile went into Salvage till the wee hours of the morning.
    Christ, if we had a 3rd player who was on the money, we'd have been dangerous.
    We were having some games.

Some funny games including:
    1) The teammate who was trying to help the other team (letting them kill him, not using his super, wasting his grenades on my bubble), us 2 won it with 50 or so kills between us, he had zero kills, I've NEVER seen anything like it. I can only assume he was in a party with the opposing team or something.
    2) Mikey the Medic! This lvl26 ALL Blue Gear lad who wasn't great but at least played the objective, kept reviving us etc, got a load of party/game/friend invites off him, so we added him anyway as we were both in our cups, he was some ~10year old american squeaker, heard his friends losing their minds when they found out he had gotten a Mote of Light :D We promptly left a game later.
    3) Lvl 4 guy with 3615 Grimore. You read that Right. He was awesome, didn't even have a heavy and had basic everything, still kicked ass with us, total demonstration of knowing the game mode and meta over relying on Exotics etc.
    4) Constantly getting matched with fresh guys who were lvl4-8 or so..... back to Orbit, it was like pulling teeth, so many games we 2v3 essentially.

I think I know why they are removing trials temporarily.

It's in case that a couple of players get Awesome Nightfalls drops in the 1st week and then complete the raid 3 times and end up with huge light levels.

Like if 10% of players start trials in the next 3 weeks with the Year 2 Equivelent of The Ram, Thorn, Felwinters, Ash Factory etc and have lvl40 AND Light 300 or something from getting blessed by RNG, they will run away with it and pretty much ruins everyones cards.

If they are going to remove it, I say they just bring it back in like 4-6 weeks, thats enough for everyone to have had a good chance at doing all the content and getting end game stuff and learning the new Patch 2.0 Meta etc.

Anything more than 6 weeks is totally unneccesary.

But maybe it will be a Monthly thing like Iron Banner, which would be ok as it was be super exciting when it is there.
    Kind of sh!ts on people who like to play it every week unfortunately is the only thing.
    I'm definitely NOT one of those people so I guess I'm not as salty about it.

I'm just guessing at what they are at.
    I'd guess a LOT of it too is to be like "Hey you better play these 3 new modes and these 8 new maps loads, so to make sure, we're taking away some other modes"

Also, apparently Salvage will be premaritally available, which is good as all the Try-Hards in that mode (myself and Dude included) will probably wrap up the Grimore in there over the 1st Month.

Right now Trials Salvage (typo) is full of teams of 3 with Grimore of 3520 average chasing the 25, 50 and 100 wins

This needed to be a Separate post on it's own, sorry but

SKOLAS WILL NOT HAVE ANY BURN NEXT WEEK, DEFINITELY NOT SOLAR BURN

Just wanted to get that out there in case people were skimming the thread.

I've approved your request to join the "Misinformationaughts" there now Solvable :p

If I'm wrong, I'll perform 3 games of Control on the Stream with NLB, (Happy now Chimp?) :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully they won't be dumb enough to make it monthly, would be a terrible move. It's fine for ib because well it's not very different from normal crucible and is more about the loot, trials has made the rest of the PvP in the game quite dull in comparison imo. Hoping the new bounty system will rectify that a bit with nightfall level rewards.

I'm not surprised trials is off for a while as they probably want to tweak it a bit for the new system but I think it would have been kind of fun to have it when people would be experimenting with new weapons and that. Maybe they didn't want it to be too easy to get to mercury.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hopefully they won't be dumb enough to make it monthly, would be a terrible move. It's fine for ib because well it's not very different from normal crucible and is more about the loot, trials has made the rest of the PvP in the game quite dull in comparison imo. Hoping the new bounty system will rectify that a bit with nightfall level rewards.

I'm not surprised trials is off for a while as they probably want to tweak it a bit for the new system but I think it would have been kind of fun to have it when people would be experimenting with new weapons and that. Maybe they didn't want it to be too easy to get to mercury.

But if they make Elimination a permanently selectable playlist it will be in the exact same boat

But yeah, I agree, it'll be a sneaking move to drum up excitement peaks. which to be fair I think is Bungies motis operand here.
    Tue Reset. 10am Xur. 6pm Trials. Monthly IB. etc etc
    They don't want us t play all day every day, they want us to play 3 hours every 2nd day

Maybe they are gonna fix Spawn alternating and some other small changes that might boost the modes playability

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They could be keeping it back as its too easy for some people to get end game rewards from it. They either have to trim the rewards or wait a few weeks so that the rewards won't be as game breaking. Still very disappointing, the standard in the elimination playlist is even lower than Trials and with no private matches this removes the only slightly competitive environment Destiny had.

@Cormac I don't think people getting a few good drops would lead to them running away with it tbh

Elimination isn't the same at all, it's a good game type but without the card system there's no buzz.

I probably wouldn't have played destiny again after beating skolas a couple of times but for trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Elimination isn't the same at all, it's a good game type but without the card system there's no buzz.

I probably wouldn't have played destiny again after beating skolas a couple of times but for trials.

I find elimination a good game mode, it helps me prepare for those 1v3 situations and to get aquantaiced with the maps/rush paths etc, however, Trials is much much harder IMO, but if you play with a group of 2 you are likely paired up with another group as well which would make things much more interesting I think!

Another thing, I will probably be online later for those who needed help with Skolas.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have yet to play Trials or POE 34/35.
    Trying to get people online the same time as me proves impossible bar for Fri/Sat night.
    What's the whole fuss over completing the grimoires or whatever the hell they are?

Some people like to get Grimore, kind of like a high score, or collect-em-all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

well my grimoire is quite high only really vip patrol 3 guns and some pvp stuff left to do 93% of max score and 13 left to get total, at this stage for me its a collector thing, and i find weirdly that alot of people comment on it and assume im a better player because of it for some reason, whenever i put it up in lfg sites i invariably get more invites. so there you go thats my 2c anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This was bloody close:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Who is hyped for 24 hours until!!!:
    • Rift
    • Mayhem
    • 8 (7) New Crucible Maps
    • Weapon 'Balancing'

All aboard!!!

• Advertisement

When is the update dropping exactly? Unlikely I'll get to play it tomorrow if it's 20GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Who is hyped for 24 hours until!!!:
    • Rift
    • Mayhem
    • 8 (7) New Crucible Maps
    • Weapon 'Balancing'

All aboard!!!

Not bothered with Mayhem (it sounds like a frustrating nightmare - but could also be HILARIOUS).

Really looking forward to playing Rift and the new maps in control as well.

I fear weapon balancing might be the death of me as a Destiny player though.... so long crutches...

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

When is the update dropping exactly? Unlikely I'll get to play it tomorrow if it's 20GB.

Same here. super hyped, but downloading 20GB x 2 is something of a challenge in the lovely hills of Clare.
    But can't wait to get stuck in again ... even though my play time will be limited over the next 2 weeks ( Folks visiting, changing job, and so on ).

I was happy to have a bit of a destiny break ... didn't really feel the love for Borderlands. Fun, but very grindy ( says the Destiny player ... ). Finished the Dying Light campaign too. fun, but some bits are just a pain to do.

I assume it'll be 10am tomorrow, but maybe it'll be midnight tonight, not 100% sure
    Not bothered with Mayhem (it sounds like a frustrating nightmare - but could also be HILARIOUS).

Pfffft, negative nancy worrying about your KDR
    Really looking forward to playing Rift and the new maps in control as well.

I fear weapon balancing might be the death of me as a Destiny player though.... so long crutches...

Just use an Auto Rifle, they are pretty straight forward. Aim, shoot, hope, kill.... maybe
    Same here. super hyped, but downloading 20GB x 2 is something of a challenge in the lovely hills of Clare.

Bring the playstation into work?

But can't wait to get stuck in again ... even though my play time will be limited over the next 2 weeks ( Folks visiting, changing job, and so on ).

I was happy to have a bit of a destiny break ... didn't really feel the love for Borderlands. Fun, but very grindy ( says the Destiny player ... ). Finished the Dying Light campaign too. fun, but some bits are just a pain to do.

20 x 2? So there's another 20GB update next week? ****e I thought TTk was essentially coming tomorrow but would be unlocked next week, I might have to revise taking Wednesday off work and push it back to Thursday.

Cormac,

I either work from home, or travel. So no bringing the PS4 to work ;) Saying that, I am actually changing my job, but it won't be for a few week.

Mickeroo : no, 20 gig per console. we are 2 guardians in the house, so 2 PS4 to update.

how many of you guys will erase a character and start another one ?

how many of you guys will erase a character and start another one ?

Yeah I'm ditching my second hunter and starting a titan so I'm going back to having one of each like I did before the dark below came out. Doing because of the auto-level to 25 more than any desire to replay the campaign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sort of glad I'm working till 10pm and let the download work away while I'm not there. Otherwise I'd be pacing up and downstairs intermittently sticking my head inside the door to check the timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Sort of glad I'm working till 10pm and let the download work away while I'm not there. Otherwise I'd be pacing up and downstairs intermittently sticking my head inside the door to check the timer.

I hope it downloads faster than the call of duty beta, that thing took forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement