Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As someone who never get the Felwinters when it was right there, available to buy and such I've had to make do with Found Verdict.

Tried some 80% go-tier rolls on Party Crasher and Matador but never found them as good.

Now, As a Found Verdict user, I'm laughing all the way to the bank, the 2-shot Shotgun will reign supreme

*Note, Found Verdict doesn't have Range Finder or Shot Package but all it's base stats are great and much better than the God-Tier weapons bar-for-bar
    • Shotgun perks that enhance lethality at range should be less effective when combined with a high initial Range stat:
    • Reduce Shot Package Accuracy buff by 30%
    • Rangefinder adds a 5% base Range increase on ADS (was 20%)
    • Reduce Precision Damage multiplier on Shotguns by 10%
    • Reduce damage against AI combatants by 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of delusional players on Reddit claiming TLW and Thorn will still be in the meta

EDIT: Before that comment makes people lose their heads, bare in mind that Handcannons overall are getting a pretty severe nerfing, not just the singled out exotics

Start damage falloff closer to the player to limit long range lethality
    Small reduction in ADS accuracy, targeted at making long range snap-shooting less reliable
    Reduce final accuracy when firing from hip
    Fast firing from hip is less reliable
    Reduce magazine size for all base inventory stats
    Reduce base Optics (zoom) for all Hand Cannons
    ADS now grants more width in favor of depth

If these are even small 5% changes, they will all add up to make them pretty bad

Based on the Auto-Rifle nerf I think it's safe to assume, we just won't be able to use HC's in Crucible any more. They are going to nerf the **** out of them!
    I'm not happy it's happening - but it's happening...

I'm telling ya, Low Impact Pulse Rifles and Low Impact Auto Rifles will be the king.

Watch at how the Preadyths Timepiece, Skorris Revenge, Low-Down and Nechochasm become the new best Time-to-kill primaries

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

it's just the auto rifle nerf all over again, and I said this as soon as it was announced. Essentially making an entire weapon class useless because two guns are overpowered.

Can see pulse rifles being the next thing to get nerfed. This might be exactly what they want though of course. Routinely making people move to different guns every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think that Skorris Revenge will be something else if that's the IB one. I got one a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see what people are using 2 weeks from now, its amazing how quickly a playerbase can work out the flaws / imbalances in weapons and start to exploit it. playtesting never seems to get it 100% right.

One of the points people have been making is that playtesting and releasing a patch 3-6 months later doesn't work.
    Bungie should be actively involved in weapons tuning and modifying parameters on a fortnightly / monthly basis.

The Thorn fiasco shouldn't have been allowed to go on for as long as it did and auto / pulse rifles should have been bought back into play much sooner.

One guy said it well on Reddit, that Destiny weapon balancing is like a huge swinging pendulum.

I don't see why they don't make tiny incremental changes every month or 2.....

Idiots....
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think that Skorris Revenge will be something else if that's the IB one. I got one a couple of weeks ago.

I'm a fairly introvert player on twitch, but when pushed I have been know to occasionally mention my love for the Skorris

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Why low impact pulse rifles? The higher impact ones like Messenger and Hopscotch wipe the floor with those.

I'm telling ya, Low Impact Pulse Rifles and Low Impact Auto Rifles will be the king.

Watch at how the Preadyths Timepiece, Skorris Revenge, Low-Down and Nechochasm become the new best Time-to-kill primaries

I've sharded every low impact auto rifle I've got.

Shadow Price is ascended and ready to go, it's been sitting in the vault for too long now, it's hungry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Low impact autos will never dominate

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Why low impact pulse rifles? The higher impact ones like Messenger and Hopscotch wipe the floor with those.

Cause TECHNICALLY they have a lower Time to Kill.
    I will preface that by saying Faster RoF weapons are harder to consistantly hit with as, well, they fire more bullets so are always going to recoil more, even with max stability.

If I'm using the Timepiece, I can get 3 bursts off in the time the Messenger can get 2 off. Both do enough damage to kill, but if the messange user misses 2/6 bullets they won't get the kill, whereas the Low Impact one can afford to miss a few more bullets (especially if it's the timepiece as that shoots a 4th shot)

Same goes for Low Impact Auto Rifles, they are mathematically going to do more Damage Per Second than a higher one...... but again, weapon handling etc

That being said I would still prefer the Higher Impact ones (Vanquisher, Suros, Shadow Price, Summoner) as I prefer the way they handle and will still be 6-7 shot kills, so if you miss a shot or 2 it's not the end of the world, whereas the Low Impact ones require you to max stability and use it like a laser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

AdamD wrote: »
    Low impact autos will never dominate

Monte Carlo finds great offence in that comment and demands satisfaction. Pantheon at dawn. *slaps AdamD with his leather glove*

Monte Carlo finds great offence in that comment and demands satisfaction. Pantheon at dawn. *slaps AdamD with his leather glove*

Your slap probably does more damage than Monte Carlo :pac:

This could be settled with a good old fashioned 1v1 if we had custom matches dang it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This could be settled with a good old fashioned 1v1 if we had custom matches dang it. :pac:

1v1 me Bro :D

Oh I used to hear that so often back in the COD days :)

Better know your shipment spawn points

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think the important thing is that we all put in place a gentleman's agreement to only use swords in Crucible on the 1/10/2015.

I picked this date for no particular reason other than to allow everyone time to get a sword :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Played a bit of Trials this weekend, got to 5 kills for the helm. I think I have now accepted that I will never get a weapon - let alone go flawless.
    There were a two highlights - 2 Austrian lads were carrying a level 26 and rocking no land beyonds. At one point I was being revived, by Dudeeile I think it was, and the level 26 was just shooting non-stop at him point blank - doing no damage at all - until he turned around and meleed him.
    The other one was where we down 4-2 and there was myself and one of the opposition left. I got killed but managed to get off a few thorn shots first, the DoT took him down and I got the post mortem and tied the round. We then went on to win the match 5-4.

nevelator wrote: »
    Played a bit of Trials this weekend, got to 5 kills for the helm. I think I have now accepted that I will never get a weapon - let alone go flawless.

I wouldn't mind another go at Trials, I'll be on tonight if you're around?

• Advertisement

Trials will more than likely be back in weeks as opposed to months

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/639935932649500677

Rejoice. really looking forward to see what the new gear will be like. I presume they might make a few other changes to it too.

If you use twitter there are whole pile of them you can follow.....
    that being said, only Luke, Mark and DeeJ say anything worthwhile AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I wouldn't mind another go at Trials, I'll be on tonight if you're around?

Would be up for that alright - I know all the best places to get sniped.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    1v1 me Bro

Fight me IRL!

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

You can do anything in an emoticon these days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fight me IRL!

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

You can do anything in an emoticon these days

I used to laugh when you'd hear guys fighting with their mothers - being told to come off the xbox and do homework or have their dinner.
    :D

now I've the same situation with the wife wanting to watch netflix :mad:

Click "Update Stats" (in right on Green when looking at your profile) when logged into DestinyTracker or risk losing everything (stats wise on that site) from year 1!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3jzk7y/year_1_pvp_stats_preserve_yours/
    Hello - Owner of Destiny Tracker here.

I got a request from a user to preserve the year one stats. I can't do all of them, but I'm going to preserve the high level stats.

Please update your stats on Destinytracker no later than 6 AM PDT Tuesday Morning, and we'll store your year 1 state!

Unfortunately, there will be no way to look back and get this data, unless we do it this way.

Thanks!

Also Don't forget to switch your console to a "download" capable mode tonight.

Patch won't be out til 6pm tomorrow unfortunately, lucky to be on by 8 I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

One guy said it well on Reddit, that Destiny weapon balancing is like a huge swinging pendulum.

I don't see why they don't make tiny incremental changes every month or 2.....

Idiots....

I'm a fairly introvert player on twitch, but when pushed I have been know to occasionally mention my love for the Skorris

Ha introverted would not be a word I'd associate with any twitch streamer, and definitely not a word I would use to describe you. :)

Drunk, feisty, salty, enraged, gleeful I could go on :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement