Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The whole point of that table is so I can be 2nd :pac:

I've made my peace with not passing Salty/Noob with his 100 Salvage Wins and willingness to grind 10,000 Sidearm kills

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Cough cough. 3350. Cough cough

That must be an old table. I have 3545 now :cool::) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm actually going to get working on that now.
    I suspect we'll have an influx of newbies
    And this game has no Manual
    So I was gonna do a "100 Things you Need to Know but Bungie Hates You" List but work is getting in the way

Brilliant, ill keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nice, the app really isn't great for figuring these things out.

I'm working on the wanted bounties at the moment. I've finished all last weeks. But I figured out last night - you can just go and kill the guys - you don't need to have the bounty from yer wan in the reef.

You do need the bounty for one of them, he won't be there unless someone in your party has it and you're on the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't care about grimoire.......but now I see my name near the bottom of a leaderboard >_<

Somebody has to hold the table up ;)

• Advertisement

Right, so who has the best score in Snake on the Nokia 3210?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just finished the nightfalls on my other two characters, got a legendary autorifle and patience and time(first time getting it) so an okay week for me I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Right, so who has the best score in Snake on the Nokia 3210?

Well I completed it once, snake couldn't get bigger as I'd filled the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just finished the nightfalls on my other two characters, got a legendary autorifle and patience and time(first time getting it) so an okay week for me I suppose.
    We were wondering where you disappeared too!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Nearly got nevelator and chimp to lighthouse last night ,last game 4-4 and the Mod Edit: very bold person pulls out final round spear.In 8 games a got 81 kills ,same bs at 8 th game try hard teams farming for 50 DTR stats in trials .Once you get flawless you shouldn't be allowed back in for the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The whole point of that table is so I can be 2nd :pac:

I've made my peace with not passing Salty/Noob with his 100 Salvage Wins and willingness to grind 10,000 Sidearm kills

Best thing is do strikes with 2 others using the side arm as you'll get their kills and vice versa. Myself, nevelator and dudeeile did that on Saturday if I remember correctly. I finished it off yesterday.

That's if you're really pushed to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Nearly got nevelator and chimp to lighthouse last night ,last game 4-4 and the fag pulls out final round spear.In 8 games a got 81 kills ,same bs at 8 th game try hard teams farming for 50 DTR stats in trials .Once you get flawless you shouldn't be allowed back in for the week

What a load of ****. Of course you should be allowed back in, you can't just restrict content so others feel better about themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Nearly got nevelator and chimp to lighthouse last night ,last game 4-4 and the fag pulls out final round spear.In 8 games a got 81 kills ,same bs at 8 th game try hard teams farming for 50 DTR stats in trials .Once you get flawless you shouldn't be allowed back in for the week

Just had a quick look at those last 3 lads:
    2 of them have a Trials DTR score of 50 (highest possible score?) and are in the top 1% of the Trials division.
    All 3 of them score higher in DTR and % division than both Nev and I...

To be fair, every match we had we were well out of our league and al the other players had ~3500 Grimore scores.

Fair ****s to you for carrying us that far! They were all tough games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

What's the best way of me getting back into this?

If you're sure you want to! I'd recommend going with the pre-order and getting early access to the Suros Weapons.
    morritty wrote: »
    I only started playing this game the other day, so many words like Skirmish, Salvage and Rumble that make no sense to me, is there any videos that give a basic summery of the game so i know what im getting into? haha

There's always this guy. http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead/profile

Fairly informative to be fair, catch him late evenings on Friday and Saturday mainly. Word of warning, any mention of Low-Impact should be understood as Mid-Impact and facts given should be taken with a grain of salt. As soon as there is any mention of Pulse Rifles (especially low impact, which in this instance means low impact) you should just take a break and go make a mug of tea.

You can't lock people out just because they went flawless. That's ridiculous. And that's coming from someone who hasn't been to the lighthouse.

On another point, I was thinking of my favorite Crucible maps

1. Widows Court
    2. Rusted Lands
    3. Pantheon/Burning Shrine

Least favorite would be Black Shield or the other new map on mars that's in the TOO playlist with the high landing pad. I just find both maps to be very unbalanced.

What's others favorite/least favourite map ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

AdamD wrote: »
    What a load of ****. Of course you should be allowed back in, you can't just restrict content so others feel better about themselves.

No they shouldn't so pricks like the team Salty ran against can't just keep running trials to ruin other peoples cards for the lulz.

I don't mind people carrying others to the lighthouse, but it's another thing when you come up against a team of three who have already gotten to the lighthouse with all their guardians that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Fair ****s to you for carrying us that far! They were all tough games.

^
    This. It some carrying exhibition that you put on there Salty.

morritty wrote: »
    Brilliant, ill keep an eye out

Ok, here's what I have so far, perhaps some others would be able to assist in growing the list:

THE BASICS
    You can Jump Higher by holding the Jump button down for a half a second (same applies to Double and Triple Jump).
    The Crucible (Destiny's Player vs Player mode) unlocks at level 4.
    Gear gets better depending on it’s icons colour White < Green < Blue < Purple < Yellow (same as Borderlands).
    You can restart a mission which you have a checkpoint for by pressing Square when selecting the mission.
    If you are over levelled for a basic story mission, you can try it on a harder difficulty to gain more experience.
    Ammo, Orbs and Engram/Weapon/Armour drops are not shared, you have an individual screen for this.
    That means if you kill an enemy and he drops ammo, that ammo does NOT appear on the screens of any teammates or other players nearby

DIRECTOR
    The Map screen showing all the planets is referred to as the Director.
    There are 5 Golden Chests on each Planet, get these ASAP as the rewards are good, but will quickly be outdated later in the game.
    If you click on a planet in the Director, there will be an icon on the scree, in the corner, indicating how many Golden Chests you have.

THE WEEKLY RESET
    Destiny has a lot of activities that only give rewards once a week per-character.
    Raids, some Prison of Elders modes, Nightfalls and some Bounties can only be done once weekly.
    The Weekly Reset is 2am PST / 10am GMT, you can re-try for rewards after the reset.

GEAR
    Gear with Higher Light Stats (from Blue gear onwards) is more important than Gear with Higher Attack or Defence in most cases.
    After you complete half the story you will be rewarded a gun called "The Strangers Rifle” (at approx lvl16-20), keep this gun even if you hit Lvl40 and have some better guns.

You get Vanguard Reputation by doing Strikes, Daily Heroic Missions, Patrol Missions, Vanguard Bounties, Participating in Public Events and by playing.
    You get Crucible Reputaion by playing Crucible and doing Crucible Bounties.
    You can pledge allegiance to another faction (Future War Cult, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy) and earn reputation with them alongside Crucible/Vanguard Reputation.
    You can only change allegiance once a week.

XUR
    Xur arrives in the Tower or Reef every Friday at 2am PST / 10am GMT.
    Xur leaves at the same time, 2 days later (Sunday)
    Xur sells high level gear for Strange Coins.
    Stange Coins drop randomly during the game (Strikes/Golden Chests) and from end-game activities (Nightfalls, Prison of Elders Chests etc)

CRUCIBLE
    Heavy ammo is only available to players who are within 18 metres of the Ammo box once it is opened.
    You get bonus points in Crucible for getting kills with Headshots, Melees, Grenades, Heavy Weapons, Supers, shutting down Killstreaks and for controlling more than 1 Control Zone.
    Control is a good place to start getting used to the Crucible experience, it’s objective based deathmatch with no reviving.
    Clash = Team Deathmatch (no revives)
    Rumble = Free for All Deathmatch (no revives)
    Skirmish = Tactical 3v3 Deathmatch (allows the ability to revive team mates)
    Elimination = Competitive 3v3 - 1st to 5 Rounds (allows the ability to revive team mates)
    Salvage = Objective Based 3v3 (allows the ability to revive team mates)
    Rift = Capture the Flag 6v6 (no revives)
    Mayhem = Crazy Superpowered Mode
    Combined Arms = Control but with Vehicles (pikes and interceptors) and extra heavy ammo.

dudeeile wrote: »
    There's always this guy. http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead/profile

Fairly informative to be fair, catch him late evenings on Friday and Saturday mainly. Word of warning, any mention of Low-Impact should be understood as Mid-Impact and facts given should be taken with a grain of salt. As soon as there is any mention of Pulse Rifles (especially low impact, which in this instance means low impact) you should just take a break and go make a mug of tea.

Yeah.... sorry bout that..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Anyone know what time TTK is dropping and what date/time the raid is available, trying to organise a day off and dont want to waste it if dropping in the evening.

• Advertisement

No they shouldn't so pricks like the team Salty ran against can't just keep running trials to ruin other peoples cards for the lulz.

I don't mind people carrying others to the lighthouse, but it's another thing when you come up against a team of three who have already gotten to the lighthouse with all their guardians that week.
    It's the best PvP mode by a mile. It's utterly idiotic to expect people to go play an inferior mode just because they've completed it for the week. Games aren't all about loot drops. I'd just delete my card after 8 games If I intended on playing on for fun. I played about 35 games on my warlock this weekend, guess I'm a **** for not letting people win!

kevind1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time TTK is dropping and what date/time the raid is available, trying to organise a day off and dont want to waste it if dropping in the evening.

tTK Tuesday 15th 10am GMT
    Raid Friday 18th 6pm GMT

kevind1 wrote: »

New Crucible modes launched today at around 6.

TTK launches next Tuesday 15/09/2015 at weekly reset.

Kings Fall Raid launches 18/09/2015 at 18.00

Best thing is do strikes with 2 others using the side arm as you'll get their kills and vice versa. Myself, nevelator and dudeeile did that on Saturday if I remember correctly

Christ that sounds like the absolute negative craic.

I must have done about 40-50 Strikes last week..... I am losing the will to live

Gonna grind the PoE 28 for the Hopscotch now, at least the rewards overall are much better (motes, synths, coins, lots of glimmer etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's the best PvP mode by a mile. It's utterly idiotic to expect people to go play an inferior mode just because they've completed it for the week. Games aren't all about loot drops. I'd just delete my card after 8 games If I intended on playing on for fun. I played about 35 games on my warlock this weekend, guess I'm a **** for not letting people win!
    No one said anything about "letting people win". Trials is a hard, unbalanced game mode(due to no spawn switching) that even with players being resticted after reaching the lighthouse not everyone is going to complete.

But I believe that there should some sort of a restriction, for example that there must be at least 1 guardian on the team that hasn't reached the lighthouse yet on the current cycle.

If people want to play that game type for fun Bungie should make Elimination a permanent playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What i miss what's with all the yellow cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Christ that sounds like the absolute negative craic.

I must have done about 40-50 Strikes last week..... I am losing the will to live

Hence the "really pushed" disclaimer.

Varik wrote: »
    What i miss what's with all the yellow cards

I finally told Conovar what I really think of him and they deleted all my posts :mad:

but not really though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

No one said anything about "letting people win". Trials is a hard, unbalanced game mode(due to no spawn switching) that even with players being resticted after reaching the lighthouse not everyone is going to complete.

But I believe that there should some sort of a restriction, for example that there must be at least 1 guardian on the team that hasn't reached the lighthouse yet on the current cycle.

If people want to play that game type for fun Bungie should make Elimination a permanent playlist.

I kinda agree and kinda disagree, I know I'm confused myself now.

Snipers point is good about having at least one member who hasn't gone flawless that week. I say the solution would be to take the teams (teams only not players so this would still allow carries) that have gone flawless out of the regular players pool and they should just get matched with other teams who have gone flawless. Win Win, players who like the challenge this game mode offers are now pitted against simialr teams of skill and get to satisfy their competitive side. Then the regular player rotation gets thinned out and makes it a little easier for the other teams. Zen moment!

• Advertisement

Taking teams out of trials would just make flawless a joke. I was using trials report all weekend and I'd estimate 70%+ of the players had trials kds below 1.0, the standard is already shocking. Why does everybody need to be able to go flawless? Can something not just be a legitimate challenge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement