Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

dudeeile wrote: »
    Win Win, players who like the challenge this game mode offers are now pitted against simialr teams of skill and get to satisfy their competitive side.
    AdamD wrote: »
    Taking teams out of trials would just make flawless a joke. I was using trials report all weekend and I'd estimate 70%+ of the players had trials kds below 1.0, the standard is already shocking. Why does everybody need to be able to go flawless? Can something not just be a legitimate challenge?

Answered. Told ya already Zen Moment.

People want flawless for grimoire, rewards. Isn't that what Destiny is about? Collecting Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Why does everybody need to be able to go flawless? Can something not just be a legitimate challenge?

For the Grimoire and the loot!

I do agree with you, flawless should be a challenge and should be hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Taking teams out of trials would just make flawless a joke. I was using trials report all weekend and I'd estimate 70%+ of the players had trials kds below 1.0, the standard is already shocking. Why does everybody need to be able to go flawless? Can something not just be a legitimate challenge?

I'd never heard of trials report. Its a super little website.

Looking at my stats I've 10 hours in trials and 70 games. Compared to Mickey who has 38 hours and 214 games mine looks terrible.

Will have to give it a proper run when its back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

God I just want to race home and shoot something with Thorn before it's too late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I finally told Conovar what I really think of him and they deleted all my posts :mad:

but not really though

those barbs really fooked with my positive/negative comments ratio, buddy. Not happy, not happy at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Compared to Mickey who has 38 hours and 214 games mine looks terrible.

A matter of perspective, one might argue:p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd never heard of trials report. Its a super little website.

Looking at my stats I've 10 hours in trials and 70 games. Compared to Mickey who has 38 hours and 214 games mine looks terrible.

Will have to give it a proper run when its back again.

Only 6 light house trips in those 214 games mind, that's 172 matches resulting in rage and hopelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you're sure you want to! I'd recommend going with the pre-order and getting early access to the Suros Weapons.

Sure I want to... hmmm it's like a drug isn't it.

It's gas in the most causal player by a long run with what about 150hrs or so put in.

The silent guardian must return. Lol.

Seriously though I've really lost track of things of late.

I did look online at the expansion but a lot of it is content I already own. Is the main game and two dlc's.

I have the main game as a physical copy so maybe trade it in?

bungie, why do you need to make this so difficult?!

I say the solution would be to take the teams (teams only not players so this would still allow carries) that have gone flawless out of the regular players pool and they should just get matched with other teams who have gone flawless.

I like this, but I think it should be taken further, and the game should attempt to match you against Trials teams all the way through with with similar cards, whether it is just wins, or wins and losses taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sure I want to... hmmm it's like a drug isn't it.

It's gas in the most causal player by a long run with what about 150hrs or so put in.

The silent guardian must return. Lol.

Seriously though I've really lost track of things of late.

I did look online at the expansion but a lot of it is content I already own. Is the main game and two dlc's.

I have the main game as a physical copy so maybe trade it in?

bungie, why do you need to make this so difficult?!

You can order the main Taken King expansion as a standalone, no need to rebut anything

Playstaion Store Pre-Ordering Issue
    Even if you have bought tDB and How previously (say from the season pass), these will often not be registered on your PSN ID as such. You will need to open each of these expansion individually in the PS Store and click "Purchase" on them (won't cost anything) and "Download" (won't download anything), these will turn to "Owned" or "Installed" pretty much instantly. Next do not search for "Destiny" or "DLC" or whatever. Instead manually navigate to the "More DLC" screen from the PS Stores landing menu by clicking next page (or right) about 4 times. This will have the Taken King there and now you can successfully pre-order it. Remember Pre-Ordering gives you the Suros pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You get Skolas done yet ? There's surely a few Grimore for him :P

Yep. Last night. 1 hour 1 and done. I'm gunna equip the shader and never take it off. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

I have to admit I haven't kept up to date with tTK info and I think I'm more hyped now than for vanilla destiny at release. Might take me a while to get to grips with all the changes come the 15th. Have the 16th off so the grind will begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yep. Last night. 1 hour 1 and done. I'm gunna equip the shader and never take it off. Ever.

The deadline was Monday.

Varik wrote: »
    The deadline was Monday.

Deadline was originally today, so I would have made it, but they the extended the time by a week to TTK release date. Still time if anybody is missing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just looking at cormacs post on a lot of the basics. Why should we keep the strangers rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Just looking at cormacs post on a lot of the basics. Why should we keep the strangers rifle?

Because one day you'll be happily skipping through Twilight Gap, minding your own business, when some ruffian will start to ruin your day over and over and over with it. And then you'll think to yourself, "I really wish I'd kept that, it seems like a beast in pvp."

Just on the off chance it's needed for the exotic pulse No Time To Explain. Sort of similar to how the Nechrochasm was obtained

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kept the first AR
    Deadline was originally today, so I would have made it, but they the extended the time by a week to TTK release date. Still time if anybody is missing him.

Don't ruin my fun by knowing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There were talks that it will be upgradable to a new exotic No Time To Explain or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok what a morning

I have heard that there will be no more dailys either until next week?

Got all my nf and weekly (hate omnigul but in all fairness, its only been 2 weeks since the last one... :o) on both Xbox and PS4. Its anyone else doing the faction edging thingie?

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok what a morning

I have heard that there will be no more dailys either until next week?

Got all my nf and weekly (hate omnigul but in all fairness, its only been 2 weeks since the last one... :o) on both Xbox and PS4. Its anyone else doing the faction edging thingie?

Can't be arsed with that Faction edging stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Jesus, I'd say I must be the only one left to beat Skolas, even my young lad has finished him.

Yep I'll be edging the factions up, I don't think I'll manage to get them all on each character as I left it a little late and I'm not sure how much time I can put in this weekend, I think I should manage 3 per character so that's not bad. I have managed to collect about 6 x 5000xp bounties for each character and should manage to add a couple more of these, add to this the 10 focused light on each and I should be nicely set up for the missions and all those wondeful loot drops.

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Jesus, I'd say I must be the only one left to beat Skolas, even my young lad has finished him.

Better set him to task so :)

Can't be arsed with that Faction edging stuff.

Yes I though I wouldnt as well but then I changed my mind and started leveling up a month ago so when I would reach with a faction ~2400 points switch to another one.

With the exception of my titan and warlock that have no new monarchy ranks all my characters are now on the 2400ish range for all factions, for instance my hunter is on 2400ish for FWC, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Vanguard and Crucible! even my cryptarch is right on the edge as well.

This means that the day of the release, all I have to do is turn in a crucible bounty and a vanguard bounty to get to rewards, then select a factions and turn in another bounty (then next week I will switch to another faction), plus the cryptarch package as well.

Feels a bit like taking away all the thrill etc but why not... RNG can be a bit mean sometimes

Yep I'll be edging the factions up, I don't think I'll manage to get them all on each character as I left it a little late and I'm not sure how much time I can put in this weekend, I think I should manage 3 per character so that's not bad. I have managed to collect about 6 x 5000xp bounties for each character and should manage to add a couple more of these, add to this the 10 focused light on each and I should be nicely set up for the missions and all those wondeful loot drops.

Yes same thing, I wont turn in the daily bounties though to get rep until I have unlocked each subclass...

Also I am not sure I want to reach level 40 straight away, might take it easy and enjoy the game for a bit.

Yes same thing, I wont turn in the daily bounties though to get rep until I have unlocked each subclass...

Glad ya mentioned that as I might have missed it. :)
    Also I am not sure I want to reach level 40 straight away, might take it easy and enjoy the game for a bit.

We'll wait and see for a mission or 2 and monitor how progress is moving along as I still expect a bit of a grind to hit 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

onlyTobes wrote: »

Nope, me neither, cheek of MGS V coming out....

I will be doing it Saturday if you fancy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fieldog wrote: »
    Nope, me neither, cheek of MGS V coming out....

I will be doing it Saturday if you fancy it?

Tell me about it, was hoping to get it finished before TTK but I've over 20 hours into MGS V:TPP and still haven't scratched the surface. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I thought that when you unlock the third subclass all the perks are immediately available for selection and that you didn't need to level them up?

• Advertisement

Ok its downloading now

17gb both on Xbox1 and Ps4. The download started more or less at the same time for both consoles... Will have to wait for a while until is ready!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement