Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah that's the kind of thing I was on about.
    I won't really be using it on a commute, just at home when I'm spending "quality time"
    Have you tried sticking some tennis racket tape to it like a 90's Hurley :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah that's the kind of thing I was on about.
    I won't really be using it on a commute, just at home when I'm spending "quality time"
    Have you tried sticking some tennis racket tape to it like a 90's Hurley :pac:

Well then, if it's just at home, scratch the portability complaint.

Ye know, think I'll have to purchase some and try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hmmmm, tempted to get that nyko grip. Loks like it would make playing stuff on Vita, that bit easier. Bit steep price wise, but looks worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone feel like a crack at Crota NM tonight on X1?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

wes wrote: »
    Hmmmm, tempted to get that nyko grip. Loks like it would make playing stuff on Vita, that bit easier. Bit steep price wise, but looks worth it.

I got it for 40 quid. Little steep, yes, but for the comfort it provides, especially if you have big Desperate Dan ham hands, makes it worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What time you thinking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey merry I want to run it twice so I am in,

Like emmet said, what time?

Bohrio wrote: »
    Hey merry I want to run it twice so I am in,

Like emmet said, what time?

Hey lads - I'll be around for most of the evening ... making up for being away all week. Usual time - after 9?

Hey lads - I'll be around for most of the evening ... making up for being away all week. Usual time - after 9?

If I'm on after training I'll join up with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

i kinda wanna try run VoG again, since the last time i ran it i was with german speaking players :pac: anyone up for it?? ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Oh so again, this week finished Atheon 3 times got 2 vex... why, why do I keep getting that thing

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah count me in. I'm going on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

sent a request there for the xbox group.In4ab8tin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing through the CE Raid earlier with a bunch of random people from Destinylfg.net and it went really well. First time in a while that it has worked out. Anyway one guy had a strategy for the bridge section that worked out really well. Certainly made it easier than it should be.

One guy goes across the bridge, kills the sword guy and hides. Everyone on the other side dies except for one Warlock with self revive. Once they all die the Warlock dies and waits a few moments before self reviving. At this point the mobs will disappear on this side of the bridge and the Warlock can revive everyone else. Then you just snipe the ogres on the other side of the bridge. It was pretty simple and effective.

On another note how do people find Dragons Breath? I got it today but it doesn't seem as good as Hunger of Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If the two of ye are free tomorrow afternoon/evening and if ye haven't done the NF/weekly, then I could run it with ye?

Am working tonight unfortunately :/
    I've yet to do them as well..probably tomorrow night ..PSN is A1rblazer

let me know when you guys are doing the weekly!

also just finished VoG for the first time there, had a good team and they spoke english. Pity i only got some chest piece with 30 max light and a few shards and energy

let me know when you guys are doing the weekly!

also just finished VoG for the first time there, had a good team and they spoke english. Pity i only got some chest piece with 30 max light and a few shards and energy

You won't get any armour from the VoG with light higher than 30 I believe. Open to correction.

You won't get any armour from the VoG with light higher than 30 I believe. Open to correction.

Your correct. At present VOG armour has light level 30, Vanguard Armour has light level 31 and Crota End has light level 32 armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So in the past few days I've played 25 games of The Crucible and for some reason i can seem to get to play on First Light or Bastion, which are two of my favourite maps, most I've played has been Control and few others game modes.

Here the list of what maps I've played and how many times

Firebase Delphi 7
    Shores Of Time 4
    Exodus Blue 3
    Rusted Lands 3
    Blind Watch 2
    Twilight Gap 2
    The Burning Shrine 2
    The Anomaly 1
    Asylum 1

Destiny badly needs a map selection screen like most FPS

ahh, i see. we skipped one of those chests in the cliff face, that give anything decent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So in the past few days I've played 25 games of The Crucible and for some reason i can seem to get to play on First Light or Bastion, which are two of my favourite maps, most I've played has been Control and few others game modes.

Here the list of what maps I've played and how many times

Firebase Delphi 7
    Shores Of Time 4
    Exodus Blue 3
    Rusted Lands 3
    Blind Watch 2
    Twilight Gap 2
    The Burning Shrine 2
    The Anomaly 1
    Asylum 1

Destiny badly needs a map selection screen like most FPS

Bastion and First Light were removed from the Control playlist when TDB dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Bastion and First Light were removed from the Control playlist when TDB dropped.

What! Why?

What! Why?

Because people were complaining about it. They are now part of the combined arms control playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

One guy goes across the bridge, kills the sword guy and hides. Everyone on the other side dies except for one Warlock with self revive. Once they all die the Warlock dies and waits a few moments before self reviving. At this point the mobs will disappear on this side of the bridge and the Warlock can revive everyone else. Then you just snipe the ogres on the other side of the bridge. It was pretty simple and effective.

I've taken part in similar but it goes like this -- Everyone dies, thralls despawn, warlock self revives, kill sword bearer, cross bridge, kill again, everyone else snipes. Cross bridge, checkpoint, everyone commit suicide once more. Now run like billyo to the next chest.

ahh, i see. we skipped one of those chests in the cliff face, that give anything decent?

Not sure which chest you mean. But if it's the one just at the entrance to the Gorgon maze it has a chance of an Exotic weapon.
    What! Why?

I always hated First Light. I did like Bastion though.

Not sure which chest you mean. But if it's the one just at the entrance to the Gorgon maze it has a chance of an Exotic weapon

It's the one you've to jump up a cliff to get to, probably is the one at the entrance of the gorgon :P

Well that was a productive evening of raiding.

Ran VoG from the Gatekeeper (cheers to TheBag for that) and got Atheon's Epilogue from the end drop as well as VoG legs. Vex finally dropped for Technix as well.

Then CE HM got me another Oversoul Edict and Abyss Defiant (both sharded as they were my fourth of both), but CE chest, arms and helmet for my fat ass Titan! Despite the Titan being the character I sharded to get my Hunter to 31, somehow it's now the one with the means to get to 32... (thanks again lads).

Crota was a right pain tonight ... but the final winning run was fun and overall it was less frustrating than it has been other times.

Afterwards on a bit of a high I ran the Nightfall (thanks again Steve/AJ) using AE for void damage ... and Thunderlord dropped! I had a quick run with it there doing a bounty ... it's a beast of a machine gun. Not sure that it will replace Icebreaker in my exotic slot ... but I could see it milling through an arc burn Nightfall.

So - not such a crappy Xur day and a good bit of gear to show for it all.

Afterwards on a bit of a high I ran the Nightfall (thanks again Steve/AJ) using AE for void damage ... and Thunderlord dropped! I had a quick run with it there doing a bounty ... it's a beast of a machine gun. Not sure that it will replace Icebreaker in my exotic slot ... but I could see it milling through an arc burn Nightfall.

So - not such a crappy Xur day and a good bit of gear to show for it all.

Yeah, Thunderlord hits like a truck. Its one of the few weapons that a full team with them can kill Atheon in a single Times Vengeance, like Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn.

It really only dawning on me now how much of a slog it is to build up Iris Morn reputation. I never really bothered with her bounties until a few weeks ago. Now I'm doing 2/3 a day and I've just gotten to level 2.

Does buying and wearing her Warlock bond give extra rep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bohrio wrote: »
    Oh so again, this week finished Atheon 3 times got 2 vex... why, why do I keep getting that thing

I have completed Atheon on HM maybe 20 times and I've never once got the vex. One of my friends has done HM with my group 3 times and gotten it every time. Very frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement