Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So all my unclaimed Petra bounties have now vanished , had a load of 5500xp bounties on each char and now their just gone :(. All bounties at the moment seem to be either 2500 or 3000xp.

Also without going to each faction how do I now see my faction rep ? The quests screen just shows me vanguard/crucible/crypto/crota/house/queen plus whatever faction I have a class item equipped , but not the other 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

As far as I can tell you can't check on your faction rank without flying in and going up to them. Once you pick a faction it then displays with the others when you hit Options and L1 to get to the Quest screen.

Getting up a 4am to check the patch progress was a mistake. On the plus side everything is pretty and new.

Post patch Ghally did the same damage (or near enough) as the old one in the NF although it will be left behind once the end level stuff starts to rank up.

I'm told The Last Word is still very good in crucible which is great as My Nfs gave me two of them.

Light Level is kind of confusing for now.

The Ghost you buy from the stranger is pretty cool.

Some Crucible bounties seem very easy "Kill 7 Guardians with a primary"

Friend got an exotic warlock bond from the postmaster - pre-order bonus. All I got was a shader and emblem from the Suros pre-order.

Vault Space :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just had a quick look around there before work. I went down to Zavala and he had two titan quests. I picked up the defender one but already had the striker one.

The thing is to complete the Striker quest it says get to level 30. Only thing is I'm level 34. Anybody have any ideas ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just had a quick look around there before work. I went down to Zavala and he had two titan quests. I picked up the defender one but already had the striker one.

The thing is to complete the Striker quest it says get to level 30. Only thing is I'm level 34. Anybody have any ideas ?

Just go to orbit then back down and visit him again and you can cash it in.

Each class now has a bounty where you have to get 3 7orb super kills in 1 strike , thing is a nightmare to do as the strikes are the lowest level possible so rarely any yellow enemies plus we now drop less orbs .... Eg : I nova bombed 8-9 thrall on omnigull and only got 4 orbs and that was while wearing light beyond nemesis . Been at this now 2 hours and can't even get 1 super to give me even 6 orbs !!! The PS strike on Mars is meant to be the best place but that hasn't been unlocked on Xbox yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We couldn't work out that 7 orb one either this morning. Friend had the Nova bomb one and went to Omnigol. Most he got was 5 I think. Do you have to do that three times in a strike or just get it three times over a number of strikes?

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just go to orbit then back down and visit him again and you can cash it in.

Each class now has a bounty where you have to get 3 7orb super kills in 1 strike , thing is a nightmare to do as the strikes are the lowest level possible so rarely any yellow enemies plus we now drop less orbs .... Eg : I nova bombed 8-9 thrall on omnigull and only got 4 orbs and that was while wearing light beyond nemesis . Been at this now 2 hours and can't even get 1 super to give me even 6 orbs !!! The PS strike on Mars is meant to be the best place but that hasn't been unlocked on Xbox yet :(

That sounds a bit strange. Maybe they've set the limit to high ?

Is that for a quest or just a new bounty ?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    We couldn't work out that 7 orb one either this morning. Friend had the Nova bomb one and went to Omnigol. Most he got was 5 I think. Do you have to do that three times in a strike or just get it three times over a number of strikes?

3 times in 1 strike, it's ridiculous. Think there is 1 of these for each subclass too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone confirm exotic bounties auto completed?

Have they changed the amount of orbs you get for killing a yellow bar? Two yellow bar knights in crota's end used to net 8 orbs or so from what I remember, using golden gun or radiance to finish them off. Can't think of a likely spot in a strike off the top of my head.

Mickeroo wrote: »

My Elder Cipher completed anyway.

Just to note as well Mesa Sean has a video up on YouTube where he unlocks a faction quest for ranking up FWC. Might be worth it to complete the quest now and turn in on TTK launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

3 consoles in the same room all downloading at the same time, one at 63%, one at 6% and one at 7%. Mine is the 63% though :) sucks to be the other guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Have they changed the amount of orbs you get for killing a yellow bar? Two yellow bar knights in crota's end used to net 8 orbs or so from what I remember, using golden gun or radiance to finish them off. Can't think of a likely spot in a strike off the top of my head.

Manad said his elder cypher had auto completed last night, and all my un leveled exotics were now fully leveled. It was just a case of needing mats and glimmer.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice, have an elder cipher sitting on my hunter.

Download was at 81% before work there so should be able to play this evening thankfully.

Yup got an invective and bad juju bounty auto complete and fully unlock, also yellow bars now drop 3 instead of 4 orbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

How will the new update effect people who just started the game ? Will this spill over into the early story levels and change certain events ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Download finished this morning.

Roll on 5pm and an evening with Destiny for the first time in a while.

Bounties seem to what ye are up to so I'll start with that.

Would be up for a strike or NF or whatever as well if anyone's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

So all my unclaimed Petra bounties have now vanished , had a load of 5500xp bounties on each char and now their just gone :(. All bounties at the moment seem to be either 2500 or 3000xp.

I had completed the Urn quest from Eris (just needed to hand it into Xur) and that seems to have disappeared.

That sounds a bit strange. Maybe they've set the limit to high ?

Is that for a quest or just a new bounty ?

It's a multiparty quest you start off with

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Download finished this morning.

Roll on 5pm and an evening with Destiny for the first time in a while.

Bounties seem to what ye are up to so I'll start with that.

Would be up for a strike or NF or whatever as well if anyone's about.

I'll be on as quick as I can get home today, aiming for around 4 myself, will do a NF or strike, shoot me an invite...

Oh and, Lord Shaxx tells stories now on kill streaks....

It's a multiparty quest you start off with

Is it not the last stage of the Voidwalker subclass quest ?

If you wipe during a strike does it reset ?

Just got the gunslinger one there and it's " complete a strike using the golden gun to kill at least 3 majors and at least 15 other enemies"

That means you would need 1 super per major and 4 for the rest of the ads , 7 in total during 1 strike ! Only place you can possible do them at the moment is the weekly heroic or the nightfall as the strikes are too low level

• Advertisement

Looking through the patch notes there, some of the year one perks like Perfect Balance have been nerfed big time, stability bonus reduced by 40%.

nevelator wrote: »
    I had completed the Urn quest from Eris (just needed to hand it into Xur) and that seems to have disappeared.

Any Eris bounties or Petra bounties have been wiped as they are no longer relevant it seems

Is it not the last stage of the Voidwalker subclass quest ?

If you wipe during a strike does it reset ?

Yep that's the one , no if you die it's ok although tbh I haven't even got one prt of it done as I can't generate the orbs. Reckon you would need a team of 3 with the other 2 just creating orbs for you and not killing anything with their supers

Looking through the patch notes there, some of the year one perks like Perfect Balance have been nerfed big time, stability bonus reduced by 40%.

Yep and all guns that have field scout (VoC / fang) the perk doesn't do anything at all but they still left it there

Placing in the tope 3 in Rumble now counts as a win for quest purposes, I wonder does that apply to grimoire too? Certainly makes the 100 wins a lot easier if it does.

Yay, Bastion & First Light are back in the Control playlist, nearly forgot they ever existed. *grabs tent*

Yep that's the one , no if you die it's ok although tbh I haven't even got one prt of it done as I can't generate the orbs. Reckon you would need a team of 3 with the other 2 just creating orbs for you and not killing anything with their supers

Try Bad JuJu as well. Maybe in a fireteam agree that one guy gets the bounty done first then switch over to the next guy. Might be handy to have two defenders run this with you to make extra orbs ?

Find an area with a few majors, ie in a darkness zone, get kills, wipe, repeat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have the changed the Strike Playlist? I was only able to select the lvl20 random strike last night, even though i'm lvl31. Didn't seem to be an option for the lvl26 or lvl28 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'll be on as quick as I can get home today, aiming for around 4 myself, will do a NF or strike, shoot me an invite...

I won't get on till about 7.30pm id say but if you're about then I'll send an invite your way alright.
    Cheers

Kiith wrote: »
    Have the changed the Strike Playlist? I was only able to select the lvl20 random strike last night, even though i'm lvl31. Didn't seem to be an option for the lvl26 or lvl28 ones.

Nope still the same. also since 10am when you go to orbit it tells you that it is weapons day but when you go to the tower it's still the old gunsmith :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Checked this morning and it finally downloaded and installed at 2am this morning, so at least it is done now.

Will hopefully get on later to at least earn some gunsmith rep (if it is working) - the missus is working nights this weekend so may put off the Rift binge til Friday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement