Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stranger's rifle is legendary now apparently. If you pick up a quest called Fruit of the Garden and do the black garden mission you can get it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Had about 20 games of Rift last night, what a cluster f**K, I'd say we won about 3 of them.

Great game mode, just the ole map knowledge was letting us down.

Bannerfall is good.
    Sector 618 (or whatever) is a total mess
    Memento (the one in the European Deadzone) is confusing as hell
    Frontier (or "Crates") was a total mess too.

It'll be a great mode once we get used to the maps.
    About all we could figure out is that it's best to roam in a group of 6 as there are shag all supers now.
    Before my armour gave me 100% intellect, now it's barely "tier 2" (40%)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Had about 20 games of Rift last night, what a cluster f**K, I'd say we won about 3 of them.

Great game mode, just the ole map knowledge was letting us down.

Bannerfall is good.
    Sector 618 (or whatever) is a total mess
    Memento (the one in the European Deadzone) is confusing as hell
    Frontier (or "Crates") was a total mess too.

It'll be a great mode once we get used to the maps.
    About all we could figure out is that it's best to roam in a group of 6 as there are shag all supers now.
    Before my armour gave me 100% intellect, now it's barely "tier 2" (40%)

Is the flag/rift carrier handicapped in any way? Like in halo you can't sprint and can only use a pistol (but your melees kill in one hit).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the flag/rift carrier handicapped in any way? Like in halo you can't sprint and can only use a pistol (but your melees kill in one hit).

Not that I can tell, you can even use Heavy (see: Rockets) while using it but you can't use your super
    We didn't get to slam many Rifts though

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Lads - a few questions.

What exactly is there to do right now that is of any benefit (apart from Edging)?

I had a quick look at some videos last night and saw the new quest system etc. Can you level up beyond level 34 now? If not, why would you do these quests. I presume strikes/nightfalls etc drop year 1 stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'll check out the tower and see if I got any free stuff, but apart from doing a few bounties and edging my rep is there any benefit to doing anything else? (apart from farming glimmer etc)

Thanks for you time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thegame983 wrote: »
    Lads - a few questions.

What exactly is there to do right now that is of any benefit (apart from Edging)?

I had a quick look at some videos last night and saw the new quest system etc. Can you level up beyond level 34 now? If not, why would you do these quests. I presume strikes/nightfalls etc drop year 1 stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I'll check out the tower and see if I got any free stuff, but apart from doing a few bounties and edging my rep is there any benefit to doing anything else? (apart from farming glimmer etc)

Thanks for you time

I think you are right - the level cap is now 34, so nothing you do (as a level 34 char) gets you further.

As far as I can tell -

Try out the new crucible modes and maps.
    Get used to the new weapon balancing
    Get rep with the gunsmith (if he gets his prototypes out like he is supposed to)

But yeah, completing quests and missions seems like a waste of time/effort - and possibly even counter productive.

Placing in the tope 3 in Rumble now counts as a win for quest purposes, I wonder does that apply to grimoire too? Certainly makes the 100 wins a lot easier if it does.

Doesn't affect grimoire apparently, dang it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

i only managed to get it downloaded at 12 midnight, so just hopped in to see what the craic was.

exotic bounties completed
    some of my exotic weapons had their progress completed - i.e. my gally just needs the required upgrade materials to max it out.

the xp for the bounties is lower in general - about 3500 for the bigger ones, and theres a fair bit more variety.

played one game of rift, the team I joined with obviously knew what they were doing because we completely steamrolled the enemy, to the point where shax had to call a halt to it out of mercy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

But yeah, completing quests and missions seems like a waste of time/effort - and possibly even counter productive.

So right now completing missions doesn't give rewards or XP?

I haven't had a chance to play yet as the 2.0 update is still downloading.

What level are folks finding themselves at when they log in for the first time? They still at 34 or can we level that far now only leaving 6 more levels to grind once TTK launches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What level are folks finding themselves at when they log in for the first time? They still at 34 or can we level that far now only leaving 6 more levels to grind once TTK launches?

I was 34 on my warlock anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All 3 where 34 when I logged in last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So right now completing missions doesn't give rewards or XP?

I haven't had a chance to play yet as the 2.0 update is still downloading.

will probably give rewards (which will be HoW based) and XP which is useless unless you have to level your character or are desperate to level a particular gun or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I'm still levelling after a recent purchase what have they done to strikes though only seem to be level 20, no loot coming. E.g tiger strike is gone? Don't have any expansion yet as waiting to buy all in one

Woden wrote: »
    I'm still levelling after a recent purchase what have they done to strikes though only seem to be level 20, no loot coming. E.g tiger strike is gone? Don't have any expansion yet as waiting to buy all in one

Strikes (see: Playlists) are essentially disabled for a week until next weeks update.

Before there were 6 Strike Playlists
    Next week their will be 3.

So the game, as far as you're concerned is now in a holding pattern.

Have you heard the good word of our Lord Shaxx?

For people struggling with the Voidwalker 7 orb spawn load up The Devils Lair, turn around and head back to the Steepes and go down to where the 3 Yellow bar Hive spawn underground.

Should get the bounty done quickly there.

Tip stolen from Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Strikes (see: Playlists) are essentially disabled for a week until next weeks update.

Before there were 6 Strike Playlists
    Next week their will be 3.

So the game, as far as you're concerned is now in a holding pattern.

Have you heard the good word of our Lord Shaxx?

Cheers. Yeah off to the crucible for me. Been trying out rift

emmetkenny wrote: »
    For people struggling with the Voidwalker 7 orb spawn load up The Devils Lair, turn around and head back to the Steepes and go down to where the 3 Yellow bar Hive spawn underground.

Tip stolen from Reddit.

I'm with Conovar on this, seems counter-productive to be doing Quests right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Stranger's rifle is legendary now apparently. If you pick up a quest called Fruit of the Garden and do the black garden mission you can get it again.

That is correct, I had mine laying in the postmaster and indeed it is a legendary now

12010562_1479158089047553_7774689074524372140_o.jpg

Tip stolen from Reddit.

Team mates are not gonna be happy with this! I was gonna use the NF to do it, solo the first part and then ask someone from LFG to join in case I died

Pity it's scope is so Crap, it's way too "busy" for me, Red-Dot all the way!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just logged in on bungie.net to check out any changes on my characters and noticed the following:
    • All exotic weapons held in my inventory have all upgrade nodes unlocked
    • Any exotic weapon in the vault did not get the same treatment
    • Exotic armour stayed as before so no upgrade nodes unlocked here
    • Legendaries untouched also
    Won't get to log in to PS until the weekend but guess the bungie site shows the exact situation anyway.

I'm with Conovar on this, seems counter-productive to be doing Quests right now.

Can't see it been counter productive when you have to use the Voidwalker Subclass to complete the quest ?

You also get a Legendary Bond for completing.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tip stolen from Reddit.

What would we do without those 3 lads!

Can't see it been counter productive when you have to use the Voidwalker Subclass to complete the quest ?

You also get a Legendary Bond for completing.

As in I don't see the point of doing quests currently I meant.

Like you don't get XP and might not get the correct rewards (if they are locked behind tTK arriving)

Also, it sounds like they will be easier to do while playing the game next week anyway.

Now everyone quit your silly patrolling and get in there and get shouted at by Shaxx

Yesterday he went on a big rant about Lord Saladin and was like "Do you like it better playing with Lord Saladin, I bet you wish he was the announcer".....

Just.... take all of the money Bungie

Previous upgrade maintained :)

cxIHmvZ.jpg

I've realised I literally cannot be dealing with "Lag Complaining" anymore, it's 5x worse than any actual Lagging enemies.

I'd say maybe 1 player every 3 games (so like 5% of players) actually genuinely have bad connections, and that's being generous.
    Whereas comments about lagging and lag-raging are common.

I can feel my eye balls rolling into the back of my skull when the Lag-Bitching starts nowadays.

Why am I bringing this up you say?

A ) I've realised playing "6 man PvP" when everyone is complaining about Lag is the Absolute Negative Craic, and much more annoying than the Lag itself
    B ) Went to see on Twitch Today (As a viewer) to see what kinds of things people were streaming Destiny wise. 1st couple of people streaming Rift I clicked on were complaining about Lag, could not click away fast enough

Why don't more players just accept like "ok, f**k I missed that shot and he got me" or "hmmm that was some good strafing" or "maybe MY connection is bad" instead of forever blaming Lag.

It really isn't that bad like 90% of the time, it's only an issue if the host is lagging and at that stage, just leave the lobby

#CormacsAgainstTilt

I've realised I literally cannot be dealing with "Lag Complaining" anymore, it's 5x worse than any actual Lagging enemies.

#CormacsAgainstTilt

Most games are grand but you do experience lads lagging every couple of games. It's frustrating but you know it won't last long and you just pop out of the lobby after the match. You just have to deal with it.

Sometimes it's hilarious as you're laying shotgun rounds into a guy doing no damage then all of a sudden he blasts you, you don't actually see them shoot you mind but a quick check bottom left confirms the ****er just got ya. In regular crucible I will complain but won't let it get to me but it's a different story in IB, the time I get to play is limited so it pisses me off no end but again it's not every game. I don't play ToO too much so I actually haven't experienced any lag there but I imagine the rage would be real.

Lag is like Irish Water, it might be a problem, doesn't mean I can't be sick of hearing about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

2 things there :
    - I probably lag more than the guy in front of me. ( my update is still downloading btw ). I can't get faster internet - sorry for that.
    - I don't believe I ever complained. about anything ever actually. Us French are known not to ever complain, so I assume your post is directed as everyone else but me really.

• Advertisement

2 things there :
    - I probably lag more than the guy in front of me. ( my update is still downloading btw ). I can't get faster internet - sorry for that.

You lag when we're in Orbit

Anyway, it's not like I've played with you in Crucible since like season 3 of Iron Banner
    - I don't believe I ever complained. about anything ever actually. Us French are known not to ever complain, so I assume your post is directed as everyone else but me really.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement