Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cormac... wrote: »
    Man, Japanese stuff is hilarious sometimes :pac:

Love the way he's doing the sound effects for the helmet removal!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's a bot on reddit that randomly comments on (fake-kind of) threads based on a type of predictive text type thing where it gathers data on what people have said on the sub and how and then makes butchered posts on threads in it's pig-english.

The thing is some of them are hilarious and pretty accurate

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3kaums/the_rdestinythegame_bot_in_the_subreddit/
    • That was back in vanilla though so I'm sure it will be a head shot will be the final round is the only real PvP weapon.
    • The more valuable etheric light is in scarce enough supply that I have not scene an Exotic drop yet either. Looking for sherpa because I feel like trials was a wasted effort.
    • It's actually a feature you can turn around and kill the guy void bombing instead. It sucks to find out the speaker is corrupt.
    • I only received one Gjallarhorn and it was a but anticlimactic, but I bought two for my alts after i got tbagged, f**kers deserve it. https://youtu.be/A6DtefB5mvY.
    • Once completed steps and divide then head to orbit / rinse and repeat for 4 days.
    • Falling in, land on someone and then run away behind cover as soon as possible.
    • It wasn't like IN the circle =P was just a random drop when turning in bounties to rank my second character (got to 5 on all 3 characters at level 34, but I hate when aliens speak perfect english.
    • We already know there will be some "carrot" exotic that is actually difficult?
    • Damn you guys are assuming that just because someone uses those things doesn't mean they're metallic or scales the actual Ahamkara. You can survive 50 foot leaps, but there are some amazing xbox players there that can help me like seriously i would be grateful:).
    • Id also like to mention that the deleted comment is mine, but I took an arrow in the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not sure I like the mercy rule. Also rarely get to play the same people twice in a row now which sucks, pretty sure it took us out of matchmaking last night for winning salvage by 3k..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Not sure I like the mercy rule. Also rarely get to play the same people twice in a row now which sucks, pretty sure it took us out of matchmaking last night for winning salvage by 3k..

I think that was in place before this patch, if a game was deemed unfairly balanced you were brought to orbit to begin matchmaking again rather than sticking with the same group.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think that was in place before this patch, if a game was deemed unfairly balanced you were brought to orbit to begin matchmaking again rather than sticking with the same group.

I'm reasonably sure it wasn't. There definitely wasn't a message saying so anyway. Now it actually tells you the game was unbalanced and removes your party from the lobby.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yup this was always the case, If you stomped a team, 9/10 times it would dissolve matchmaking, only difference is now you get a message letting you know they have done it cause you are either too good or too bad

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm reasonably sure it wasn't. There definitely wasn't a message saying so anyway. Now it actually tells you the game was unbalanced and removes your party from the lobby.

Ah that's new alright, the mechanic was definitely there already though I'm nearly sure.

Edit: It might actually have only been present in Iron Banner.

From Bungie:

"Do not complete Patrol or Faction-specific quests until the 15th."

Some cool new gear on the http://bungiestore.com added.
    I've gotten 2 t-shirts from there last X-Mass and they are really good quality.
    And given postage is cheaper per item the more you buy and it's in $'s, it's not a total rip off
    I would recommend. Gonna defo get this one:
    http://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/father-son-t-shirt-men
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

From Bungie:

You would think they would have locked these out of the game till then , instead of saying this 2 days after release

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You would think they would have locked these out of the game till then , instead of saying this 2 days after release

I mean you can still do them, just people are having issues getting their Emblem rewards, not all people mind you, just a decent %

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll think I'll order a Ghost

http://bungiestore.com/collections/accessories/products/ghost-plush

Last line in the description is great :DD

"Does not actually float. Or light up. It's a plush"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

From Bungie:

Here you go

Apparently if you completed them you will miss out an exotic item per class

link

And bungie have no intention to fix this!

At least I havent completed them on Xbox

Told ye it would be counter productive to do them now.... ;-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Both my striker and defender titan quests auto completed. I'd like to think they'll reset these for the actual release but probably not.

Just noticed they've added a load of new Crucible medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bugs wrote: »
    Both my striker and defender titan quests auto completed. I'd like to think they'll reset these for the actual release but probably not.

I think it's only if you fully complete the quest - step 8(?) . If you were level 30 + it auto completes step one. That gets you a low level special item (bond/mark/cape) but you'd have deleted anyway.......... probably. It's not a Ghjallahorn type mistake.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Here you go

link

I completed the gunslinger one with Ferrigan last night and I got a lvl40 legendary cloak so Hopefully that's what I was meant to get and didn't miss anything

I completed the gunslinger one with Ferrigan last night and I got a lvl40 legendary cloak so Hopefully that's what I was meant to get and didn't miss anything

Should have been a lv36 cloak not lv

ok you are right just checked is lv40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your also meant to get the Gunslinger emblem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Yeah, I completed the sunsinger one and got the level 40 bond. I'll be holding everything else at the last "talk to" step for now though, just in case.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Your also meant to get the Gunslinger emblem.

Yeah didn't get that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

From Bungie:

Just fired up Destiny for the first time since the patch - was going to ask is there anything important to look out for... :)

Here you go

link

Thats the issue regarding the Exotic Class items from A) the collectors edition and/or B) The Faction (Dead Orbit) quests

Not true, the Devs (Mark etc) have tweeted they are are of the issue, working on it and will ensure players get their stuff (probably in 2.0.1)

I just think everyone should stop doing the quests now.
    For the sake of 5 days

So who else is hyped to properly get stuck in to TTK on Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to logging in at 10 and getting into the story. Can't decide which character to run first - Warlock is my current fave but FOOK do I want that hammer!

Will probably be looking to run the story with people (Cormac?)

Thats the issue regarding the Exotic Class items from A) the collectors edition and/or B) The Faction (Dead Orbit) quests

Not true, the Devs (Mark etc) have tweeted they are are of the issue, working on it and will ensure players get their stuff (probably in 2.0.1)

I just think everyone should stop doing the quests now.
    For the sake of 5 days

Man I just dont even know what I am reading lol

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."

I think they mean that it won't auto grant rewards but you would expect them to try to implement a fix.

So who else is hyped to properly get stuck in to TTK on Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to logging in at 10 and getting into the story. Can't decide which character to run first - Warlock is my current fave but FOOK do I want that hammer!

Will probably be looking to run the story with people (Cormac?)

I'm going running my Warlock 1st and going balls to the wall with Stormbringer.
    You should go Titan so.... we'll try get someone else (PAGING CDB-WHOOP!!!) to go Hunter.
    I'm off work so will be on at 10am.
    I will preface this by saying that I'll probably be fecking around for 45 mins at the start to complete my "edging" get my package drops etc. Almost have 9 factions across all 3 characters edged. So will get 9 packages from that.
    Then I'll do my subclass mission. Maybe we could all just solo these at the same time.
    Then onwards into the main story (after turning in all the XP in the world against the new subclass)

• Advertisement

I'll shorten it for you.

Stop doing Quests

Period, full stop, just don't, it's pointless currently anyway.
    Play some Rift, edge your factions and wait....

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement