Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Completed the Gunslinger and got a legendary (level 40) cloak. Will probably hold the other 5 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'll shorten it for you.

Stop doing Quests

Period, full stop, just don't, it's pointless currently anyway.
    Play some Rift, edge your factions and wait....

:p
    can you align with a faction at the moment? I had already edged crucible but one game of control last night pushed me over the top. Had a NM bond, but no rep went to it.

I'm going running my Warlock 1st and going balls to the wall with Stormbringer.
    You should go Titan so.... we'll try get someone else (PAGING CDB-WHOOP!!!) to go Hunter.
    I'm off work so will be on at 10am.
    I will preface this by saying that I'll probably be fecking around for 45 mins at the start to complete my "edging" get my package drops etc. Almost have 9 factions across all 3 characters edged. So will get 9 packages from that.
    Then I'll do my subclass mission. Maybe we could all just solo these at the same time.
    Then onwards into the main story (after turning in all the XP in the world against the new subclass)
    You only unlock the quest for the new sub class after completing the first story mission.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

can you align with a faction at the moment? I had already edged crucible but one game of control last night pushed me over the top. Had a NM bond, but no rep went to it.

You have to go pledge allegiance at the faction vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

You can pledge to a faction - but you'll still get rep for the vanguard/crucible along with the faction rep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yes, you can. But now it's currently working with the new system. So if you are FWC aligned. Playing PvP will give you Crucible AND FWC rep.
    It is for this very reason I will be playing very little this weekend.
    And AFAIK I can't do ANYTHING with my Warlock now cause he's like 2490/2500 on all of them :pac:
    You only unlock the quest for the new sub class after completing the first story mission.

Same difference, do Mission in a group of 3, split up and do the Subclass stuff sole, reconvene and do mission 2 after.
    Otherwise we're tripling the workload doing each others subclass quests with each other

Yes, you can. But now it's currently working with the new system. So if you are FWC aligned. Playing PvP will give you Crucible AND FWC rep.
    It is for this very reason I will be playing very little this weekend.
    And AFAIK I can't do ANYTHING with my Warlock now cause he's like 2490/2500 on all of them :pac:

Same difference, do Mission in a group of 3, split up and do the Subclass stuff sole, reconvene and do mission 2 after.
    Otherwise we're tripling the workload doing each others subclass quests with each other
    I don't think you even can do the subclass quest of another class (in a group or not). Could only go through the subclass quest as a group of the same class type, I think.

But yeah, overall you are right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

There's a bot on reddit that randomly comments on (fake-kind of) threads based on a type of predictive text type thing where it gathers data on what people have said on the sub and how and then makes butchered posts on threads in it's pig-english.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3kaums/the_rdestinythegame_bot_in_the_subreddit/

I hate those subreddit simulators, they're a pain in the ass. It's actually really easy to make a Reddit bot using the Python language - from having no prior knowledge you can build a bot in about an hour.

Basically all that bot is doing is using a program like the text auto complete on your mobile phone. It starts with a seed word and builds a sentence based on words commonly used together.
    Sure it's fun to build a bot and make it do something, but they shouldn't be allowed to spam legitimate threads with garbage for the sake of trying to get a cheap laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

If the subclass quests are anything like the ones that are out now, surely it would be beneficial to be in a group so you can spawn orbs for each other to get supers faster to spawn more orbs?

Sure it's fun to build a bot and make it do something, but they shouldn't be allowed to spam legitimate threads with garbage for the sake of trying to get a cheap laugh.

It doesn't spam legitimate threads (unlike my good friend Please-Respect-Tables), it only posts within the Subreddit-Bot Subreddit.

anyway, I was only posting as I thought some of it's musing were hilarious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If the subclass quests are anything like the ones that are out now, surely it would be beneficial to be in a group so you can spawn orbs for each other to get supers faster to spawn more orbs?

Two words for you.

"Bad JuJu"

That is all :D

I got all six subclasses to level 8 on each of the respective subclass quests last night. Will finish them off tonight but won't turn in until Tuesday.

In this instance my understanding is that particular "quest" will be a mission (in the old use of the term Quest, like the Eris mission with the Swords, The special Phogoth Strike, The Archon Slayer etc).

Weather it is locked down to being 1 player (which would be a 1st I think) or 3 player is up for debate though.

I would be surprised if the mission is very long tbh

Looks like I'll be taking a break away from Destiny for a week or 2 :(

Moving house, new house is delayed and have had to cancel the internet in my current house.
    I'm raging as I am super hyped about TTK, but what can you do..? I can't even log on to Generics stream to play the X-Files theme / MLG things up.

Anyway - I'll stay active in this thread and the chat as I'm going to need a sherpa through the new raid when it comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So who wants to team up on Tuesday morning 10am ? Don't all shout at once

Looks like I'll be taking a break away from Destiny for a week or 2 :(

Moving house, new house is delayed and have had to cancel the internet in my current house.
    I'm raging as I am super hyped about TTK, but what can you do..? I can't even log on to Generics stream to play the X-Files theme / MLG things up.

Anyway - I'll stay active in this thread and the chat as I'm going to need a sherpa through the new raid when it comes out!

I moved house earlier this year and had no issues (I was waiting 3 weeks for internet).

Here's what you do:
    1: Get a 3 Mobile Modem (comes with some Data-Sim card, which has a limit AFAIK, don't use this) - Here's the one I have http://www.three.ie/online/shop/productDetail.aspx?src=p&p=data&pid=2254&tariffType=prepay (note: this allows more than 1 device to be used which is helpful, but AFAIK the other would connect straight to the PS4, which in theory, might provide a more stable connection)
    2: Get a Phone contract sim card with them that has a rolling Month-to-month deal (not a 12 month etc obligation), there is a package that has unlimited Data, pick that (http://www.three.ie/eshop/sim-only-plans/bill-pay-sim-only/)
    3: Use that the Phone sim instead of the Data sim.
    4: Once you're set up, call up the next day and give a months notice (they will try bulls!t you but after spending a LOT of time working as a call centre supervisor I can give you all the legalise things you need to say)
    5: Limitless-Data-Destiny

I played on this set up for about 2 weeks with no issues, had some Crucible lag, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel like it helped (hahaha, so cheap)
    I actually even hosted games (6-player Crotas End etc) with no issues (and the others had no issues too)
    Modem thingy is about €50, 1 month contract is about €25.
    Apparently you can even return the modem if it's within a month (though I choose not too as it's actually handy having a mobile modem), but I would not advise that as not sure it's very fair to the retailer.

BTW before I get any complaints about this:
    1) None of this is illegal in any way, shape or form (I work in this industry)
    2) the actual sales rep for the company suggested this as a solution when I explained my situation (hell we even discussed how Destiny is so Data-Heavy as a game, approx 1GB an hour - but not really - compared to CoD etc)

Fieldog uses Mobile Data too so maybe he can chime in here

Finally, you will not be missed on my stream :pac: (i kid)

EDIT: Actually the prices and contract options might have changed, but the principle remains the same, actually I still have my modem (PM me if yo want to discuss further)

EDIT 2: Who remembers the infamous night where I squatted in my old address with nothing but a mattress, blanket, PS4, Destiny, TV and box of Carlsberg like a total hobo and the next day I brought the whole thing to my mothers house who wouldn't stop asking me questions while I was trying to run the sword in CE hahahahah :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

There are now 3 dead ghosts in the crota raid. 2 on the lamp section and one you can get on either of last two parts.

There are now 3 dead ghosts in the crota raid. 2 on the lamp section and one you can get on either of last two parts.

I'm just gonna wait till they are all accounted for and a full guide is there....

I hate to leave a job half finished, though my missus would probably say otherwise

Are they giving Grimore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are they giving Grimore ?

Yep

Yep

Well..... that changes things.... :o

• Advertisement

It's actually really easy to make a Reddit bot using the Python language - from having no prior knowledge you can build a bot in about an hour.

Here's the guide if anyone wanted to try it:
    http://praw.readthedocs.org/en/latest/pages/getting_started.html

I read on Reddit, someone has also added the Destiny API to this, so you can now build a bot that has access to your destiny data.

Yep

Quick show me where :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Quick show me where :)

I watched a video during lunch of one at the very end of the Abyss. Just before you walk into the light after the bridge. It's somewhere on the left. Vague, I know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm just gonna wait till they are all accounted for and a full guide is there....

I hate to leave a job half finished, though my missus would probably say otherwise :D;):D;)

Ooooo Matron!!

New Live Action HYPE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So is there anything worth doing before next Tuesday? Are those gunsmith weapons any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So is there anything worth doing before next Tuesday? Are those gunsmith weapons any use?

Well I suppose you could always go outside.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Well I suppose you could always go outside.

MOD NOTE: BANNED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

r7MA6tM.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement