Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

FYI
    We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards. Faction-specific Quests will be able to be completed at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so I just leveled up my queen reputation and got something called wormspore and the "bond of the queen's guard", lv40 legendary warlock bond with 270 def stats...

Just in case you are bored and want to get some gear while you wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dudeeile wrote: »
    Well I suppose you could always go outside.

That was the point - I'm just back from the outside and not sure if I've missed anything important. :) I see mention of "edging" but no idea what that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok so I just leveled up my queen reputation and got something called wormspore and the "bond of the queen's guard", lv40 legendary warlock bond with 270 def stats...

Wormspore is the new upgrade mat from the dreadnought.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Bohrio wrote: »

How did you lvl up your queens rep ? Petra is not showing any bounties for me

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I see mention of "edging" but no idea what that is?

Edging is the process of getting your faction reputation to as close to hitting a new level without hitting the new level. This is done so that when the Taken King drops, the reward packages you get from them when you do level them up are the items from the new DLC, whereas at the moment you just get what we have been getting all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Its a secret... ;)

Also, you can run the House of wolves bounty and gain 800 rep per completion. However, my rep was at the edge so by just completing the first mission I ranked up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That was the point - I'm just back from the outside and not sure if I've missed anything important. :) I see mention of "edging" but no idea what that is?
    Edging is a sexual technique which may be practiced either alone or with a partner and involves the maintenance of a high level of sexual arousal for an extended period of time without reaching orgasm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgasm_control

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

3rd character was only 33, had 34 under old system. Will level it up to 34 at weekend but not going to be trying anything until tk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Looks like I'll be taking a break away from Destiny for a week or 2 :(

Moving house, new house is delayed and have had to cancel the internet in my current house.
    I'm raging as I am super hyped about TTK, but what can you do..? I can't even log on to Generics stream to play the X-Files theme / MLG things up.

Anyway - I'll stay active in this thread and the chat as I'm going to need a sherpa through the new raid when it comes out!

Sometimes I have used mobile data via 4G on my Nexus 5 (Emobile) in my friends house in Drogheda - works very well I find, if you don't go into party chat I find about 4 hours of gaming is about 500mb used, if you do, it goes up to around 900mb (in my findings)

Stick the phone at the window and set up a hotspot, the odd time it dipped to 3g but I got away with it the few times I've been stuck to use it...

Really depends on your phone signal though, the part of Drogheda I was in is lucky for signal...

Make sure and get that 17gb update in before you move out though... :P

And disable downloads when you log into PS4 if you have a cap....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

First night back playing Destiny in a while and yeah it's still bloody good.... and really addictive in the ah just one more match kinda way.

Played a few games of pvp which I seriously suck at normally but did ok by my standards with red death being my choice of gun and then did the weekly which reacquainted me with omnigal. Thankfully the two randoms I was matched with were decent and we got through it quick enough.

Looking forward to new dlc now.

I think with the change to XP it'll be a good way of getting new people involved. Play and level up is the imo the fairest and most inclusive system.

I went from 33 to 34 earlier without even noticing. Finally there. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,465 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So when you've finished the field testing for the gunsmith, do you just dismantle the weapons? Went back to him and he didn't take them off me.

Also realised I've been a ****ing idiot and was looking for the Campus 9 golden chest in the wrong spot for the last year. Go me :o

Yea you can go and dismantle if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hey Guys,
    I was thinking of picking Destiny up this weekend - there seems to be some nice deals at the min. Anyone have any tips for leveling up quickly?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    I was thinking of picking Destiny up this weekend - there seems to be some nice deals at the min. Anyone have any tips for leveling up quickly?

Yup, don't start playing until Tuesday, then you'll be able to get a consumable at the start of the game that will instantly level you to 25. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yup, don't start playing until Tuesday, then you'll be able to get a consumable at the start of the game that will instantly level you to 25. :)

Haha really :)
    Awesome - that's the best tip i could have hoped for!
    Thanks dude

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hey Guys,

Pick up all the bounties you can and complete them, do missions on the hardest difficulty you can. The crucible is the fastest way to get XP, but you'll need to play story mode to unlock strikes and planets etc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Haha really :)
    Awesome - that's the best tip i could have hoped for!
    Thanks dude

Just make sure it's the legendary edition you get with the new DLC.

Xur has : Helm of Inmost Light, Celestial Nighthawk,Apotheosis Veil, No Land Beyond and a body armour engram.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Xur has ......

Helm of inmost light
    Celestial nighthawk
    Apotheosis veil
    No land beyond

Move along folks, nothing to see here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played a couple of games of control yesterday - the dreadnaught map and the european deadzone map. Really like the dreadnaught map - the amount of people jumping down the hole towards B and then getting team shotted was very amusing. Behaviour that will soon change I suspect, but fun to take advantage of.

I reckon the dead zone map will be my new cauldron - SO MANY ANGLES.

I've just seen the legendary edition on Amazon is £42 sterling.

That is a SERIOUS amount of content for someone just picking it up.

I just told a mate of mine to pick it up and I might even start a new character.

If he does should I go with a warlock or hunter?

Edit... I know I said I never would start a 2nd character btw but I also never thought I'd put anywhere close to 180hours into one game either!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Honestly you should have one of each, they are all a bit different.
    Even if you go off the game and only have one of them at level 2, if you ever come back you can start ranking it up. Remember there's a buff next Tuesday to get a character from ground zero all the way up to 25.

but the answer to your question is the Warlock :rolleyes:

Hey Guys,

If you asked me that question last year I would have given you about..... 8,000 words of a reply, broken down in bullet points under headings with tonnes of caveats (ask Andrew :pac:).

Now.....

1) Buy the game
    2) Play the game
    3) Profit
    4) Optional - Join the clan and be active, people can give you really specific advice on some of the more complicated stuff in Party Chat

You're gonna be getting a whole lot of game for your €60 (or €80 if you're feeling saucy enough to get the digital collectors edition)
    I just told a mate of mine to pick it up and I might even start a new character.

If he does should I go with a warlock or hunter?

Short answer if you want it (have spent equal time with most of them nowadays):
    PvE: Warlock
    PvP: Hunter

You can now read several pages of why that assesment is wrong, but well, that's my take on it :P
    I LOVE playing as the hunter in PvP, I do NOT like it in PvE much.
    the dreadnaught map.

Haven't played that on(The Dungeon) yet, must not be in the RIFT playlist, same for the one in the Reef (The Drifter) and the one on Mars (Crossroads)

I f**king HATE the European Dead Zone one (Momento) I also don't like the Mercury one (with the 1-way teleporter called Vertigo)
    I do quiet like Bannerfall, quiet a lot actually, nice tidy clean lines.
    The one with the crates (Frontier) is actually decent enough to once you get used to it.
    Sector 618 is a mad house, can never get my barings

gimli2112 wrote: »

but the answer to your question is the Warlock :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll wait for the buff alright.

Why warlock as my next character out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

NLBs really nice post patch, pick it up if you enjoy sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah no it's down to preference. For PvP the Hunter is better. I saw somewhere that the top 10 pvp players run Hunter. This is what I do but I'm not in the world's top 10.
    Hunter also has some great PvE qualities - Invisibility in particular.

I prefer Warlock's Novabomb / Revive but it's marginal.

You never told us there was going to be follow up questions.

But I'll answer anyway.
    Nova Bomb, Blink, Decent Grenades, Balanced Armour/Agility/Revive options, Self Res,

If you played A LOT of PvP I'd say Hunter.
    But Warlock is great in PvP and one of the handiest in PvE

Cormac... wrote: »
    You never told us there was going to be follow up questions.

But I'll answer anyway.
    Nova Bomb, Blink, Decent Grenades, Balanced Armour/Agility/Revive options, Self Res,

If you played A LOT of PvP I'd say Hunter.
    But Warlock is great in PvP and one of the handiest in PvE

Ah yeah self res. That looks damn useful in pve. One of the lads against omnigal last night used it a few times

Hmm decisions decisions.

Cheers for the reply btw

• Advertisement

I recently started using my Warlock more for PvP over my hunter, mainly due to Trials and I find Voidwalker vastly superior to both hunter subclasses in PvP tbh. Better grenades, better melee and a super that doesn't require you to be in any way strategic to be effective. Also the Ram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement