Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Also the Ram.

PRAISE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As of 2.0:

You can shoot an axion bolt that is chasing you to destroy it.

200_s.gif

PRAISE IT!

*Facepalm*

That's not right Steve.

Clearly doesn't main a Warlock

*Adjusts Trilby*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I feel stupid for dismantling the exotics I got from hunters and warlocks now. Oh well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

AdamD wrote: »
    NLBs really nice post patch, pick it up if you enjoy sniping.

Would be rude not to pick it up now we have more vault space too. :)
    Cormac... wrote: »
    You never told us there was going to be follow up questions.

But I'll answer anyway.
    Nova Bomb, Blink, Decent Grenades, Balanced Armour/Agility/Revive options, Self Res,

If you played A LOT of PvP I'd say Hunter.
    But Warlock is great in PvP and one of the handiest in PvE

Fecker ya, now you're making me want to level a second character. Might use that lvl25 boost on a Warlock so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I feel stupid for dismantling the exotics I got from hunters and warlocks now. Oh well.

You weren't to know you'd develop the addiction. For me it was the Beta. Knew the minute I played it I was in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

*Facepalm*

That's not right Steve.

*Adjusts Trilby*

Hmmmm...... I do main a Warlock. I wasn't trying to do a direct quote of the flavour text :pac:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You weren't to know you'd develop the addiction. For me it was the Beta. Knew the minute I played it I was in trouble.

I was kidding myself really but in fairness it was a lot harder to level them up at the start as well compared to now with xp etc.

But yeah addiction really is the word. I've never put this amount of time into one game before.

It'll keep me going again until Street Fighter V in spring next year I reckon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

*Facepalm*

That's not right Steve.

*Adjusts Trilby*

2vZHliD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Just after getting back into Destiny after a long lay off!!! Played up until level 16 then took a long break but I've been bitten by the bug and have been playing non stop for the past couple of days. Currently level 29 with a hunter. Any advice for prior to and in the early days of the TTK?

Will be pretty much restricted to Fri evenings/Sat/Sun for the forseeable future, any point in joining the clan at that activity level?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jarain wrote: »
    Just after getting back into Destiny after a long lay off!!! Played up until level 16 then took a long break but I've been bitten by the bug and have been playing non stop for the past couple of days. Currently level 29 with a hunter. Any advice for prior to and in the early days of the TTK?

Will be pretty much restricted to Fri evenings/Sat/Sun for the forseeable future, any point in joining the clan at that activity level?

Yeah definitely join the clan, there's plenty in it who don't get to play every day.

jarain wrote: »

Well yeah, I mean I'm a lvl34 player who's done all the Raids but I channel the spirit of a fresh lvl12 newbie on a regular basis, if you're looking for someone to get a 6.5KDR in Patrol, I'm your man

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've just seen the legendary edition on Amazon is £42 sterling.

That is a SERIOUS amount of content for someone just picking it up.

I just told a mate of mine to pick it up and I might even start a new character.

If he does should I go with a warlock or hunter?

Edit... I know I said I never would start a 2nd character btw but I also never thought I'd put anywhere close to 180hours into one game either!

Its £35 on PS4 and £40 on XOne on simply games.

People on HUKD got shipping confirmations Wednesday and Thursday.

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/destiny-the-taken-king-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »

Or you could always go into GameStop on Tuesday and pay €80 for Legendary or €120 for the CE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I recently started using my Warlock more for PvP over my hunter, mainly due to Trials and I find Voidwalker vastly superior to both hunter subclasses in PvP tbh. Better grenades, better melee and a super that doesn't require you to be in any way strategic to be effective. Also the Ram.

Funny you should say that, I came back to the game last week after about 2 months away and played trials all weekend almost solely as a Warlock, previously I mostly used my Hunter. I think it's probably the funnest to use as you don't really need to think much, and axion bolts are hilariously OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Just make sure it's the legendary edition you get with the new DLC.

Xur has : Helm of Inmost Light, Celestial Nighthawk,Apotheosis Veil, No Land Beyond and a body armour engram.

I've been needing no land beyond for months, finally dropped last week and i was excite, now Xur has it. Typical.

Thanks for that. I just sent the link on to my mate so up to him now. I still can't get over how cheap it is for the amount of content.

Thanks for that. I just sent the link on to my mate so up to him now. I still can't get over how cheap it is for the amount of content.

At that price the game is an absolute bargain. The game has come an awful long way from launch.

And while he's waiting for it to download he can play, and complete the Order 1886

And while he's waiting for it to download he can play, and complete the Order 1886

Lol. I still want to play that though. I'll wait till it gets very cheap or free on ps+

• Advertisement

At that price the game is an absolute bargain. The game has come an awful long way from launch.

It really really has. It's been an interesting ride though for those of us who were day 1 buyers.

Bungie have taken a lot of hours of my life in the last number of years when I think about with Halo in its various forms and now this.

It really really has. It's been an interesting ride though for those of us who were day 1 buyers.

Bungie have taken a lot of hours of my life in the last number of years when I think about with Halo in its various forms and now this.

Oh and tell your friend to sign up for a Revelout Card(Posted In Bargin Alerts), £5 free when you lodge over £10. This will bring the game down to £30 and he won't get a transaction fee from his bank and the Revelout FX rate tracks very close to XE.com so hell get a better exchange rate as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When/if we use the upgrade item to get a character to 25 will that unlock everything from the base game if you were to go through it from the start like all the strikes etc?

Kinda wouldnt mind seeing how they have restructured the story missions and new nolan north voice but going through a 2nd time was bad enough

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When/if we use the upgrade item to get a character to 25 will that unlock everything from the base game if you were to go through it from the start like all the strikes etc?

Kinda wouldnt mind seeing how they have restructured the story missions and new nolan north voice but going through a 2nd time was bad enough

You can replay the missions by picking up the individual quests from the IPad in the Vanguard room.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Really not a fan of the new ghost voice , sounds like a child instead of an A.I. Seems over acted too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sector 618 is a mad house, can never get my barings

Always running left, and bringing everyone else with you. ;)

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Really not a fan of the new ghost voice , sounds like a child instead of an A.I. Seems over acted too

*We've woken the Hive* just doesn't have the same ring to it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Is it possible to buy engrams for Xur today with the chance of decrypting to year 2 items on Tuesday?

dudeeile wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy engrams for Xur today with the chance of decrypting to year 2 items on Tuesday?

Nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Nope

xET9RCv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement