Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Always running left, and bringing everyone else with you. ;)

Ok, I got the heavy ammo!
    EVERYONE GO LEFT!!!
    *GenericDreadHead is down*
    FFUUUUUUU!!!!

Dying with 8 Truth Rockets ready last night on Bannerfall hurt more than being physically kicked in the nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ok, I got the heavy ammo!
    EVERYONE GO LEFT!!!
    *GenericDreadHead is down*
    FFUUUUUUU!!!!

Dying with 8 Truth Rockets ready last night on Bannerfall hurt more than being physically kicked in the nuts

I'm beginning to have waking nightmares, where everyone is screaming VESTIAN DYNASTYYYYYYYYY.

I think Rift is heading towards the Go To play type now for crucible, though some maps are just horrible (I'm looking at you Vertigo).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd be surprised if Rift stays popular. Its like Sabotage on cod, close games will turn into camp the bomb/rift fests and non-close games will always be blowouts. 6v6 is too big for Destiny too.

I'm beginning to have waking nightmares, where everyone is screaming VESTIAN DYNASTYYYYYYYYY.

What we need is for me and Gimli to get on mic together

SHOTGUN
    VESTIAN DYNASTY
    SHOTGUN
    VESTIAN DYNASTY
    SHOTGUN
    VESTIAN DYNASTY

Repeat ad nauseum :pac:

Seriously though, shutting down a runner when he's about 2 metres from the rift with 5 shots of the sidearm is just..... AWESOME

Apparently Glass-Half full is not working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/wiki/undocumentedchanges/2dot0dot0#wiki_destiny_2.0_undocumented_changes

Just saw this on Reddit. Couple of interesting things I didn't know.
    - can no longer suicide in water (would have found out soon enough)
    - dismantling motes gives experience to your gear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if Rift stays popular. Its like Sabotage on cod

Never played COD (BF3 was my introduction to FPS multiplayer) so cant compare them.
    Close games will turn into camp the bomb/rift fests and non-close games will always be blowouts.

Trying to prevent the other team from picking it up while ensuring your team are able, running Cormac's MEATSHIELD stratagem, shutting down the runner, getting shut down, all leads to some pretty exciting moments, good close matches. If any one team runs away with, the mercy rule kicks in, or it should at least. Had few games last night where we where getting tonked and Shaxx wasn't very merciful.
    6v6 is too big for Destiny too.

Don't know about that. Seems to work well enough for IB.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/wiki/undocumentedchanges/2dot0dot0#wiki_destiny_2.0_undocumented_changes

Just saw this on Reddit. Couple of interesting things I didn't know.
    - can no longer suicide in water (would have found out soon enough)
    - dismantling motes gives experience to your gear

Yeah apparently ten motes fully ranks up an exotic from scratch.

Never played COD (BF3 was my introduction to FPS multiplayer) so cant compare them.

Trying to prevent the other team from picking it up while ensuring your team are able, running Cormac's MEATSHIELD stratagem, shutting down the runner, getting shut down, all leads to some pretty exciting moments, good close matches. If any one team runs away with, the mercy rule kicks in, or it should at least. Had few games last night where we where getting tonked and Shaxx wasn't very merciful.

Don't know about that. Seems to work well enough for IB.

Respectfully going to have to disagree :P I think Iron Banner is awful. Barely enjoy 6v6 nowadays, its laggier and more shotgunny.

In terms of Rift I think it'll get worse over time as people improve at it, like Sabotage, you'll probably end up with few games that aren't either a stalemate or a walkover.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Lads, whats the best way to find out what golden chests you have left to get? Is it a case of visiting all golden chest locations or is there an app like ghost hunter. I've found 16 of the 20 chests according to bungie and 3 days and 18 hours left to complete the year one moments thing.

• Advertisement

It depends on how early you get tonked and how big the points spread is in the earlier part of matches. You can still have matches that end in 4k - 20k if the winning team opened up the lead later in the game

Game 1: GAME ENDS NORMALLY
    @4 mins in
    Team 1 = 3,000
    Team 2 = 10,000
    @9 mins in
    Team 1 = 4,000
    Team 2 = 15,000
    @12 mins (or 20,000) Team 2 wins

Game 2: GAME ENDS WITH MERCY
    @2 mins in
    Team 1 = 1,000
    Team 2 = 6,000
    @5 mins in
    Team 1 = 1,750
    Team 2 = 9,000
    @6 mins game ends in Mercy

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Lads, whats the best way to find out what golden chests you have left to get? Is it a case of visiting all golden chest locations or is there an app like ghost hunter. I've found 16 of the 20 chests according to bungie and 3 days and 18 hours left to complete the year one moments thing.

On the Map for each planet eg. Cosmodrome it will say how many you have for that location eg. 4/5 or 5/5 etc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only issue I have with Rift is kills counting towards the score. I'd much prefer it was first to four or five rifts.

Some of the maps are too small for 6v6 too, but I don't think it's supposed to be a particularly competitive playlist.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    On the Map for each planet eg. Cosmodrome it will say how many you have for that location eg. 4/5 or 5/5 etc

Yeah, as in on the Director, when you manually click on the planets where you would normally select Patrol, it'll say it there in the corner somewhere

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only issue I have with Rift is kills counting towards the score. I'd much prefer it was first to four or five rifts.

To be fair, one rift slam is greater than the points you get for 10 kills, in fact it's more akin to getting 15 kills if you slam it and there's opponents there and you factor in the points for picking it up and getting closer, that's a pretty drastic trade off.

Should just be a 10 minute time limit and the team with the most caps wins. Most games wouldn't go above 3/4 rifts so having it first to a certain number wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You will just have to visit each location. Should only take 10 mins per destination, except the moon and earth as the 5th chest is at the end of their vanilla strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

http://destinychesthunter.net/

http://destinyghosthunter.net/

Scratch the chesthunter one as I only noticed it will not give you location just the number you have collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dudeeile wrote: »
    http://destinychesthunter.net/

http://destinyghosthunter.net/

Scratch the chesthunter one as I only noticed it will not give you location just the number you have collected.

15 of 77, might do these this weekend.

Varik wrote: »

Here's some music to assist your quest

• Advertisement

All that Grimore, you'll fly up Cormac's table of triumph

Handy little site which makes it easy to track them down, cleans up your destinystatus website for grimoire also.

I on the other hand will be 'edging' and knocking out a few more bounties but more importantly I'm finally getting my chance at the new crucible modes tonight :D

To be fair, one rift slam is greater than the points you get for 10 kills, in fact it's more akin to getting 15 kills if you slam it and there's opponents there and you factor in the points for picking it up and getting closer, that's a pretty drastic trade off.

I did some digging and:

*Regular kills will net you 100 points. Variations such as +10 for headshots will still be in play.
    *Kills as the Spark Runner will net you 150 points
    *Kills on the Spark Runner will net you 300 points
    *Picking up the Spark will net you 300 points
    *Passing each checkpoint (there are 5) will net you 100 points per checkpoint
    *Igniting the Rift with the Spark will net you 1500 points!
    *Igniting the Rift backwards will net you 1650 points and a sick backflip animation

That's at least 2,300 points per slam, or equivalent to about 20 kills (factoring in bonus points)

That doesn't sit well with me at all, particularly in the case of a tight match. Kills the buzz when a team doesn't even need to score to win the match. It's certainly better than Control though.

That doesn't sit well with me at all, particularly in the case of a tight match. Kills the buzz when a team doesn't even need to score to win the match. It's certainly better than Control though.

If you don't like modes that give points for kills there is always Zone Control

I dunno, makes sense that you play the objective over just sitting back and netting kills.

I dunno, makes sense that you play the objective over just sitting back and netting kills.

Not really. If you have decent map control you could quite easily win just picking off the opposition as they run to pick up the spark. Even if they pick it up they make a net loss if you can kill them quick enough. Not going to be an issue for most games but similarly to Salvage in close matches it may not be worth it. I don't see why they didn't just make these modes straight up objective based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I recently started using my Warlock more for PvP over my hunter, mainly due to Trials and I find Voidwalker vastly superior to both hunter subclasses in PvP tbh. Better grenades, better melee and a super that doesn't require you to be in any way strategic to be effective. Also the Ram.

Really? I find voidwalker's grenade to be very weak in general. Specially compared to sunsingers

Bohrio wrote: »
    Really? I find voidwalker's grenade to be very weak in general. Specially compared to sunsingers

Axion bolts are outrageous. If somebody is preoccupied with a gunfight they won't be able to get away from one and they hit for 110. They also chase people for stupidly long which really needs to be changed as on some maps you can't actually get away. Apparently you can shoot them now though?

• Advertisement

If you don't like modes that give points for kills there is always Zone Control

Yeah I'm looking forward to that (or is it there already?), though I find domination fairly boring after a while. CTF & Oddball variants were always my favourite game modes which is why I had high hopes for Rift.

That's kind of the exact reason I'd rather there was no points for kills at all, makes for much more intense games imo. As it stands you could win a match just camping the spark and killing the runner each time.
    Bohrio wrote: »

Was talking in comparison to hunter, Arcbolt is the only decent hunter grenade imo. axiom bolt is very good in PvP I find.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement