Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I got the Vex couple weeks back and it was probably the first HM I'd completed. So I guess I was lucky.

My question is - is it actually much good or worth levelling up?

I haven't used it much but I'm put off trying to level it cos it's best damage is gonna be lower the my legendaries.

Am I missing something? Lots of people still trying to get it, but since TDB is it just a weak exotic now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry to the lads I was in CE with last night, Internet went down.....hope you lot done the bizzo for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I got the Vex couple weeks back and it was probably the first HM I'd completed. So I guess I was lucky.

My question is - is it actually much good or worth levelling up?

I haven't used it much but I'm put off trying to level it cos it's best damage is gonna be lower the my legendaries.

Am I missing something? Lots of people still trying to get it, but since TDB is it just a weak exotic now?

Attack stat is a bit of an arbitrary number, as is impact. I can't find the numbers for its damage output but it's a beast. A fusion rifle that does headshots.

It's situational though and suffers the same problems as most other exotics in that IB and Gjallarhorn take preference for your exotic slot in most situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just played my first Crucible match since I got the SUROS. I'm decent enough in PvP but at the end of the match my K/DR was 2.83 way above my average. I was just cutting Guardians down left and right. Head shots mostly too.

It's handy because I'm doing an Exotic bounty to get a K/DR of over 25 at the moment. Not sure exactly how it's working out the scoring. But I'm currently at 17/25 after one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I just played my first Crucible match since I got the SUROS. I'm decent enough in PvP but at the end of the match my K/DR was 2.83 way above my average. I was just cutting Guardians down left and right. Head shots mostly too.

It's handy because I'm doing an Exotic bounty to get a K/DR of over 25 at the moment. Not sure exactly how it's working out the scoring. But I'm currently at 17/25 after one match.

It works on a positive 1, negative 1 basis. So 5 kills would be positive 5 and one death would be negative 1, so it would give a score of positive 4 of 25. If you respawn and get 3 kills before dying, your overall would be 8 kills, 2 deaths, so 6/25. Assists count as kills as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They should make the DLC crucible maps free, no one is buying the DLC for that and it's just splitting the playerbase in a mode where there shouldn't be any separation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    They should make the DLC crucible maps free, no one is buying the DLC for that and it's just splitting the playerbase in a mode where there shouldn't be any separation.

Why would they give them away for free ? Does COD give them away for free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They can't give them away for free when people have paid for them..

They need to put them into the regular rotation for people who have them though, utterly ridiculous that they haven't managed to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Crota was a right pain tonight ... but the final winning run was fun and overall it was less frustrating than it has been other times.

Yeah, it was good fun last night. That was my first CE HM clear. We were very unlucky with glitches in the first few attempts. Even on the final run, the thralls were glitching horribly for me and the ogres were even worse!! Looks like lag to me.

The final hit on enraged Crota was a split second before the Oversoul killed us all. Talk about cutting it fine! Word of Crota drop was the icing on the cake for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Man I wish Xbox recorded the comms chatter as well! You'd have heard the incredulity in our response when we took him down yet died, then the cheer when we got our drops and realized we'd done it.

We nearly had him on Mick's first run too ... but it was far less annoying than the first few times I tried HM. First time I've done it with the Titan. Not bad considering we were two 32s and four 31s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Because people were complaining about it. They are now part of the combined arms control playlist.

How do I access Combined Arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

To the lads (blazer/deselby and calvin leong)

Will be around from now until 8/9 maybe 10 if ye want to give those daily/weekly/NF a run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Need 4 coins to get the ice breaker. Have a feeling i may just miss out on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

DeSelby83 wrote: »

have you done the weekly or the nightfall?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Three VOG done again this week and I got another 4 helmets. Must be close to 50 now at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

DeSelby83 wrote: »

ok so you havent done neither the weekly nor the nightfall

Add me and we can run through at least the weekly quickly later on, not sure if I will have time for the nightfall though

That's an extra 9 coins, plenty for your ice breaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Brilliant, thanks. Should be able hop on in a few mins for 45 mins or so

EDIT: something came up, cant do it. Hopefully xur will have it again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

AdamD wrote: »
    They can't give them away for free when people have paid for them..

They need to put them into the regular rotation for people who have them though, utterly ridiculous that they haven't managed to do it.

No one bought the dlc for the PVP maps, and if they were added to the rotation you'd have everyone who's not got them getting kicked when they come up.

No one plays them as is so they're worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

aaronh007 wrote: »

Will be around from now until 8/9 maybe 10 if ye want to give those daily/weekly/NF a run

In work til late, will be able to run through the weekly at 11-ish if you're able to?

In work til late, will be able to run through the weekly at 11-ish if you're able to?

I'll probably still be on yeah, sounds good

• Advertisement

I'll probably still be on yeah, sounds good

np, you added my PSN? calvinleong

np, you added my PSN? calvinleong

Yup, well... i hope it was you, cos some lad might get confused by my accompanying 'boards' message :p

Anyone doing the CE raid?

Anyone doing the CE raid?

Never done it before, but I'd be up for it... I need more raid gear to level up apparently, as I've hit the wall with my maxed vendor gear.

Never done it before, but I'd be up for it... I need more raid gear to level up apparently, as I've hit the wall with my maxed vendor gear.

If I find a group with space I'll send you an invite.

If I find a group with space I'll send you an invite.

Appreciate it, thanks!

Appreciate it, thanks!

Invite sent. But just one space left.

Yup, well... i hope it was you, cos some lad might get confused by my accompanying 'boards' message :p

ahh, I've accepted :P send me a msg when u wanna do the weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

damnit sorry mate..herself had a meal booked for valentines's night so had to skip destiny :(
    I'll be on tomorrow during the day and around 8pm tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just hopped on and got the gorgon checkpoint for the chests and did it with my 3 characters. I got nothing but shards but I'm happy with it as I need them to lvl up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement