Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Some good games last night. This was a highlight for me, lol

Generic was wondering how we pulled back so many points at the end. Pure fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm sold!!

I'll be swinging by GameStop on Tuesday to get the collectors edition for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Don't suppose anyone is doing hard crota or even doing skolas later on? They're the last two triumphs I need to get done :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So, Destiny...........

I bought it for the Xbox One last year, played it very briefly and then put it to one side due to utter confusion, lack of storyline among many other reasons. I never got far, only a few single digit levels.

Thing is, I've watched a couple of YouTube videos over the last few days and I'm strangely drawn to it all over again. I'm in two minds about getting it. If I do, it'll be for the PS4 meaning I'll be starting from scratch. For people who currently play but more importantly, for people in the same boat as me (used to play but gave up), is now a good time to jump back in?

If I buy the whole TK package, do I need to start with the vanilla Destiny game in order to upgrade before I can tackle the new expansion? Destiny still confuses the hell out of me. Can anyone explain?

The white PS4 embossed Destiny bundle looks ace but I don't think GameStop are selling it. I definitely would have traded in my black model for that.

The game is a different beast now.
    You'll really enjoy it if you get the Taken King Legendary edition as they have aded so much and simplified a lot of the economies and levelling up.
    I'll give a more detailed post later/tomorrow on what you get

Cormac... wrote: »
    The game is a different beast now.
    You'll really enjoy it if you get the Taken King Legendary edition as they have aded so much and simplified a lot of the economies and levelling up.
    I'll give a more detailed post later/tomorrow on what you get

Cheers! Look forward to your post. Am I right in saying that when I get TTK, I won't be able to touch that expansion until I'm at a high level? I'll be playing the base etc first?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I have gone from a 1:1 k/d ratio to regularly getting 5/10 kill streaks but still don't feel like it makes a difference to the game (still convinced it's weighted towards the losing team),

That's some A-grade, baseless, spin-metal hat nonsesnse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm sold!!

I'll be swinging by GameStop on Tuesday to get the collectors edition for the PS4.

Don't, just pick up either of the digital versions. GameStop are charging €80 for the Legendary Edition and €120 for the Collectors Edition. This is well over RRP just like they did with Vanilla Destiny where they charged €20 over RRP for the CE and €60 over RRP for the Ghost Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm sure Argos will have the 89 quid GameStop one for 60/65 on Tuesday....but will go up to 70 on Friday

I wouldn't give GameStop the steam off my pi$$....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I just got it in the PS Store.
    Standard price, easy, don't have to leave my bed.

Don't, just pick up either of the digital versions. GameStop are charging €80 for the Legendary Edition and €120 for the Collectors Edition. This is well over RRP just like they did with Vanilla Destiny where they charged €20 over RRP for the CE and €60 over RRP for the Ghost Edition.

I've a problem with getting CE's though. Where else other than G.S. would I get the C.E.?

• Advertisement

I've a problem with getting CE's though. Where else other than G.S. would I get the C.E.?

I wouldn't bother with the physical CE tbh. Unless you want the plastic stuff
    The Digital one has all the same content and you can get it on PSN for the right price and you can ever then download it tomorrow or whatever cause it'll be like 35GB to DL

Its not worth an extra €30 for a steelbook and a strange coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

COy4BzOWoAEhXfW.png:large

3VF-LGC-RLX

There's a code for the emblem, redeem it in the usual spot https://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Be the best you can tree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Still think Blink and shotguns both need some more nerfing. I think people will start moaning again once the post patch excitement wears off.

AdamD wrote: »
    Still think Blink and shotguns both need some more nerfing. I think people will start moaning again once the post patch excitement wears off.

Agree, blink is still viable if not as effective as before. Shotguns had no nerf outside the global perk nerfs, could probably have done with the max range shottys having their impact significantly reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Varik wrote: »
    Been charged for The Taken king.

Pre-order Expected Release Date: 15/09/2015 @ 04:00 AM

Same here :)
    7drHiqrh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,465 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Don't see why they had to disable field scout across the board, they are already leaving the year 1 weapons behind. Did they need go and twist the knife while they were at it? Heavy MGs not half as valuable any more. All my beautiful Jolder's, ruined. Not bitter at all.

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Same here :)
    7drHiqrh.jpg

Ditto, got charged around 4PM... :)

vcHgv6c.jpg

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ditto, got charged around 4PM... :)

vcHgv6c.jpg

Got charged as soon as I ordered it earlier, got hit with the preorder glitch which the workaround doesn't seem to help with. Hope I can play TTK on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Agree, blink is still viable if not as effective as before. Shotguns had no nerf outside the global perk nerfs, could probably have done with the max range shottys having their impact significantly reduced.

One of the new Warlock exotics allows for improved Blink.

Got charged as soon as I ordered it earlier, got hit with the preorder glitch which the workaround doesn't seem to help with. Hope I can play TTK on Tuesday.

I pre ordered it and had the money in my account waiting on it the last few weeks, only went through as a purchase today...

What pre order glitch is that?

I pre ordered it and had the money in my account waiting on it the last few weeks, only went through as a purchase today...

What pre order glitch is that?

Error code ce-37700-7. It prevents you from downloading preorder content and also prevents you from restoring licences. This error can prevent you from using your content long after its released.

There is a workaround where you download a song in singstar before attempting to add the content to the download queue, but it isn't working for me atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Make sure you have cash on your wallet, otherwise the download will not go through. Thought my back account was cleaned out after getting a email from psn today. Minor heart attack. For some reason you have to transfer the cash manually for it to work for some people. Re order and got the confirmation at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

There is a workaround where you download a song in singstar.

Hope it was something fun & catchy :D

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Hope it was something fun & catchy :D

As catchy as this?

No, some Chris Brown PoS.

Destiny servers undergoing maintenance tomorrow at 6pm. No duration posted atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

riggerman wrote: »
    Make sure you have cash on your wallet, otherwise the download will not go through. Thought my back account was cleaned out after getting a email from psn today. Minor heart attack. For some reason you have to transfer the cash manually for it to work for some people. Re order and got the confirmation at 5

I got an email today saying my pre-order was cancelled due to a payment failure. To be sure of the pre-order you need to add funds to your wallet and re-purchase from the playstation store. You wouldn't want to miss out on the suros pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

My PSN wallet is empty so I'm presuming everything went through correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At the risk of sounding like a soppy old git, I fcuking love the Destiny community.

After spending hours trying to cheat the system so I could solo a strike for the 7 orbs thingy; I decided to just join a strike normally and try it.

Made a dash to the area in the bunker in The Steppes while the other 2 guys ran forward.

They both waited for me at the entrance to the hangar just beyond the Walker even though I was a good half hour getting the orbs thing done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement