Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,107 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Husk of the pit finally dropped for me. The strange thing is I only did VOG yesterday and when I turned on Destiny this morning it was at the postmaster. Thought I was getting a Vex for a moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Husk of the pit finally dropped for me. The strange thing is I only did VOG yesterday and when I turned on Destiny this morning it was at the postmaster. Thought I was getting a Vex for a moment :(

Man I always say RNG is never good to me but to you is even worse!

I found this somewhere in bungies forums

Its an excel xls showing xur's appearances and what he sold etc

Pretty interesting I think

link

Bohrio wrote: »
    Man I always say RNG is never good to me but to you is even worse!

I found this somewhere in bungies forums

Its an excel xls showing xur's appearances and what he sold etc

Pretty interesting I think

link

Will be on later to do normal crota if your around. Any of the other usual guys on as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I thought that if you were in a clan then you could see who else is online?.Is there any benefit to it at all?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,287 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought that if you were in a clan then you could see who else is online?.Is there any benefit to it at all?

Unfortunately no, it's not very well implemented, it just puts your clan name on your gamer card thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Unfortunately no, it's not very well implemented, it just puts your clan name on your gamer card thing.

And allows you to get 2 trophies/achievements.

Anyone for VoG hm on PS4?

Jesus doing this Crota quest for your one.Some amount of pissing about for a pair of shaggin Gauntlets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Best thing to do is just add a bunch of us a Friends.
    Jesus doing this Crota quest for your one.Some amount of pissing about for a pair of shaggin Gauntlets

I never bothered doing the quest when I found out what the reward was. The annoying thing is that I always have a green marked now over Eris Morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Will be on later to do normal crota if your around. Any of the other usual guys on as well ?

If you're stuck for a 6th let me know Emmet - could do with a normal mode run on my hunter.

RNGesus is a capricious deity.

I've had no exotic drops from raids in a while ... and until this weekend my only exotic drop of the last fortnight was No Shard Beyond from the Crucible. Then my 2nd NF gives me Thunderlord, and my 3rd yesterday nets Heart of the Praxic Fire.

Don't get me wrong ... delighted to get Praxic for my warlock (I've already max'd it out with bounties), but it dropped for my Hunter. I can get why folk running 1 or 2 characters get annoyed with drops ... Praxic has been something I wanted for ages, but if I was still in single character Titan land I'd have seen that as a wasted exotic weapon drop opportunity.

Bohrio - that table is interesting. Surprising to see how often Truth and Plan C drop. Mida and Ghorn look to be the rarest sale weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Bohrio - that table is interesting. Surprising to see how often Truth and Plan C drop. Mida and Ghorn look to be the rarest sale weapons.

Thunderlord and Hard Light have never been sold. Up until recently people said Ice Breaker would never be sold again similar to what's being said about Gjally now. Gives me hope I will finally get one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Junked the Crota fusion by mistake yesterday. Friends giving me a hard time saying good luck we ain't running it on normal again. Ten hours later they did and I got it back and a truth and a black hammer.
    Solo'd the NF with my hunter and got energies. NF rewards have gone to hell.
    Just doing some strikes and got legendary engram which turned into the hawk moon my first one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'd like to do a normal run with my Warlock later if you need players. Maybe around 9. I still need helmet or boots to get to 32. Sigh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Can you get black hammer on Hard? Or is it a normal only drop?

Benzino wrote: »

Normal only.

Benzino wrote: »

Primaries are hard only. Specials and heavies are normal only. Another way of Bungie making the game a grind requiring you to do up to 6 Crota raids a week depending on what rewards you are after.

Fcuk you Urzot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I know we have all given out about RNG at some stage or another. I know I certainly have. In particular I thought the loot drops in the VoG were particularly bad.

But I have to say the drops in Crota's End have been pretty amazing. I've finished the Raid four times now and I've gotten the Helmet, Chest (x2), Gaunlets and Boots. On the weapons side I've gotten Hunger of Crota, Monte Carlo, SUROS Regime, Light of the Abyss, Dragon's Breath and No Land Beyond.

In just four Raids. Now I just need 20 Radiant Shards to hit 32. Now, RNG in all other areas leaves a lot to be desired.

Hell yeah!!

First time I've solo'd the Thrall Abyss ... and I somehow did it on HM! Cheers to The Bag for pointers on how to do it (in other words, I've watched him do it as an orb a good few times). Don't Touch Mes, jumping on the lamps, a few close calls and a bit of luck managed it.

Did it on my fourth attempt today ... the first few times I got about nine lamps in and it wasn't coming off ... but I reckoned I'd give it one last run ... and that's the one that worked.

Best of all ... the Dogged Gage gauntlets dropped, so now I can finally get my Hunter up to 32 once I've worked up the shards. That's the Titan and Hunter both on the way to 32 - now I've got to look after the Warlock.

Finally got my black hammer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So if the specials only drop on NM, can I do a NM raid after I've completed HM already and still receive the drops?

So if the specials only drop on NM, can I do a NM raid after I've completed HM already and still receive the drops?

Nope, you have to do nm first, or at least Crota on nm first.

Finally got my black hammer :D

In fairness your response on getting it was muted...

Yup very reserved !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

After countless HM clears, finally got Fatebringer to drop. Still no Vex but it's only a matter of time now.....isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Normal only.

That's a pain, dunno why they didn't keep the same system as VoG.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That is odd alright, does that mean the Deathsinger drop doesn't double roll then?

Just realized that Swordbreaker dropped for me on the first Crota run. A decent void shotgun ... that would have been handy earlier when I was finishing off the crucible part of the Thorn bounty with a void Helios fusion rifle...

Or before running three void burn NFs with only a void machine gun.

That is odd alright, does that mean the Deathsinger drop doesn't double roll then?

No, Deathsinger doesn't drop twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

His response on the previous attempt when it dropped for me as I just joined in at the end and was only viewing and got it was hilarious...lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement