Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Being at work is flipping killing me here. Never has a day seemed to drag on so much as this.

I've been tipping in and out of Generic's stream which isn't helping matters.

How long did the download take for you guys? Didn't bother doing that before heading out this morning.

only a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Up to 221 Light on My Warlock after using all the Packages and handing in the Bounties on My Warlock

Colour palette being the same on all enemies is pretty **** so far. Flame hammer is awesome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    For those of us stuck in work what are your first opinions on TTK or is it too early to say?
    Cormac... wrote: »
    FUKCING AWESOME
    Any unbiased opinions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

At work like a common fool. I flick on to Cormac's stream long enough to hear him talking about how great it is not to be at work today. I screamed at my phone shouting many profanities. I have left the stream. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Yup I used one of those red bull xp things and handed in my 16 bounties and went straight to 40

I've 19 of them which looks rather silly now that ranking up seems so quick. Can rank up weapons I guess :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got to play for a few minutes. Handed in my bounties which jumped me to 38.5 and got Hard Light from talking to some folk - sounds class that gun. Did the first story mission which was cool so looking forward to playing again later.

Funny seeing greens/blues with better stats than my exotics. Roll on even better gear again.

Anyone know when the new sub class unlocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    I've 19 of them which looks rather silly now that ranking up seems so quick. Can rank up weapons I guess :pac:

Yeah me too, I reached lv40 and light ~220 on all my 3 characters and unlocked all subclasses pretty quickly.

Now I need to focus on 1 and finish the story mode!
    btw I still cant find the arsenal pack

PetKing wrote: »
    At work like a common fool. I flick on to Cormac's stream long enough to hear him talking about how great it is not to be at work today. I screamed at my phone shouting many profanities. I have left the stream. :(

I thought "ah no one is watching just now" when I said that, I was wrong :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Got to play for a few minutes. Handed in my bounties which jumped me to 38.5 and got Hard Light from talking to some folk - sounds class that gun. Did the first story mission which was cool so looking forward to playing again later.

Funny seeing greens/blues with better stats than my exotics. Roll on even better gear again.

Anyone know when the new sub class unlocks?

After the first mission on the taken king you can then do the subclass mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah me too, I reached lv40 and light ~220 on all my 3 characters and unlocked all subclasses pretty quickly.

Now I need to focus on 1 and finish the story mode!
    btw I still cant find the arsenal pack

Their the ****ty green weapons the vanguard quartermaster sells

Daily Rift gives 15 Legendary Marks btw

I was hoping it wasnt that.. oh well

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was hoping it wasnt that.. oh well

I assumed it was going to be the case like the weapons we got for pre-ordering the game a year ago, glad I didn't get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Little bug possible on the Veteran's Tour quest if you have already collected your VIP rewards.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13550

The quest "Veteran's Tour" can become stuck at "Talk to Eva Lavante"
    Players who have already collected their Year One VIP rewards will find that they cannot progress the "Veteran's Tour" quest beyond the "Talk to Eva Lavante" step. The shader reward cannot be accepted, and attempting to select the reward will show "Can only hold one at a time."

To complete the "Veteran's Tour," players will need to delete/discard the following items from their inventory in order to accept rewards:
    • The Old Guard Shader
    • Be Brave Emblem
    • S-34 Ravensteel Sparrow

The stormcaller subclass is seriously over powered... I have the feeling is going to be unbelievable in PvP, I see a nerf coming soon enough. The melee range is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Working from home today, a I did my back in. So played the first mission during lunch and grabbed the year one reward stuff, and got my Titan to 25 as well. Will mostly concentrate on my Warlock first, but will probably at least unlock the new sub classes on the other 2 classes.

The 1st mission is far better than anything in vanilla. There is actually a story that we can follow, and give us a motivation as to what we are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

2 question :
    - that year 1 exotic weapon you get from the veteran tour ... any point ? instant chard really ? i mean, i already had a couple of red death ...
    - the weapons from the gunsmith ... once you did the bounty ... do you shard them ?

my inventory is soooo full

The stormcaller subclass is seriously over powered... I have the feeling is going to be unbelievable in PvP, I see a nerf coming soon enough. The melee range is ridiculous!

This was blatantly obvious from all the reveals/streams though. Hence why I picked it 1st :D

2 question :
    - that year 1 exotic weapon you get from the veteran tour ... any point ? instant chard really ? i mean, i already had a couple of red death ...
    - the weapons from the gunsmith ... once you did the bounty ... do you shard them ?

my inventory is soooo full

You're gonna end up doing the veterans tour anyway to get the emblem, shader and sparrow and you now get a free shard so no loss.

You can't move them to the vault so unless you really like them then just dismantle. The fusion was a nice surprise but similar style weapons should be available in game.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dudeeile :)

Shards it is then!

Thanks Dudeeile :)

Shards it is then!

Just great to hear that you're coming back to us!

PetKing wrote: »

For the amount of work I've done today, I may as well have taken the fooking day off!

100% man :)

I played other games for a while but I'm glad to be back :) Did a cheeky NM VOG yesterday eve - awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that sucks..but aren't they rated for level 40 with 200 damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very easy to rank up, a little too easy. Will have 3 chars to 40 by tonite with a small grind. Already have 1 lvl 40......sure lads I logged on this morning with cashed in bounties and were lvl 38 within secs. I had no bounties and took about 4hrs to level from 34-40.

Quick dinner break and 2nd one done.

Id say it will be alot harder to get good armour, story was very short too.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Isn't the whole new leveling system a bit of a scam. Yeah you level by earning xp, but with lvl 40 so easy to hit what will really matter will be your light level, which is based on your equipment - ie the exact same as before

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

CO9GyfzW8AAtFDA.jpg:small

Loot acquired, though its still going to be a few hours before I can play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

dudeeile wrote: »
    For the amount of work I've done today, I may as well have taken the fooking day off!

I'm in the same boat. I'm like a junkie sitting at my desk saying *just another minute*. Almost home time! Wooohooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

thegame983 wrote: »
    Isn't the whole new leveling system a bit of a scam. Yeah you level by earning xp, but with lvl 40 so easy to hit what will really matter will be your light level, which is based on your equipment - ie the exact same as before

I was thinking the same thing all day as I read how people were hitting 40 after a few hours play. whats funnier is that practically every article on gaming website mentions how its great that they did away with the light system.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement