Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I was thinking the same thing all day as I read how people were hitting 40 after a few hours play. whats funnier is that practically every article on gaming website mentions how its great that they did away with the light system.

All you needed were full bounties ready to be handed in and you'd be 40 in 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

All you needed were full bounties ready to be handed in and you'd be 40 in 30 seconds.

I just so happen to have all my bounties completed and ready to hand over once I get logged on.

I was going to put a smiley face, but I dunno If i'm actually happy about that. I was kind of hoping for maybe 15 hours of strikes / crucible etc etc to generate the required amount.

ah well, at least theres more stuff to do in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are new sub-classes unlocked from the get go or do you need to do some quest first? If it's the latter, I assume wait until then to hand in bounties?

Are new sub-classes unlocked from the get go or do you need to do some quest first? If it's the latter, I assume wait until then to hand in bounties?

You can do the subquest mission after you do the first taken king mission. And ya, save bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Bungie can't win the levelling up argument. Many of the people throwing the toys out of the pram now would be doing the same if it took a week of PvP & PvE quests.

On a lighter note anybody look at Dead Orbit shotgun talk about impact.

Also the noise of hammer on anvil when you activate Sunbreaker is class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

what do you with armor upgrades, do you just keeping going for the ones with better defense and not worry about strength/discipline/intellect ?

Bungie can't win the levelling up argument. Many of the people throwing the toys out of the pram now would be doing the same if it took a week of PvP & PvE quests.

On a lighter note anybody look at Dead Orbit shotgun talk about impact.

Also the noise of hammer on anvil when you activate Sunbreaker is class.

A balance between 30 mins and a week would be great. Actually a week isn't all that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I haven't been able to play in days, stupid real life stuff getting in the way.
    Soooon . . . hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

A balance between 30 mins and a week would be great. Actually a week isn't all that bad.

well maybe if people didnt save all the bounties it would have taken longer then 30 minutes :rolleyes:

syboit wrote: »
    what do you with armor upgrades, do you just keeping going for the ones with better defense and not worry about strength/discipline/intellect ?

Focus on defense. Maybe opt for whichever has a more favourable int/dis/str roll where you have pieces with the same defense stat.
    It isn't much to worry about until you have maxed out your defense, then you can get to fine tuning your overall int/dis/str, and waste try to waste not one point of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

dunworth1 wrote: »
    well maybe if people didnt save all the bounties it would have taken longer then 30 minutes :rolleyes:

So, 90 minutes?

dunworth1 wrote: »

It takes 30 seconds with bounties. It takes 30 minutes without.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Has anybody tried the daily?

I tried when I reached level 250, got to the end Orix, man, must have died 8 times right about when he got literally no health whatsoever, no apparent reason, just killed by the architects...

I think they made this ones harder so it would force people to do it in a fireteam... Oh well

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Keen Scout perk on the hunter subclass is very handy, gives you better radar, marks enemies, shows you where chests and that are on patrol and lets you move faster while sprinting or crouched all in one.

Did the Crucible Quest and got........

A green shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So is the actual level cap 42 now, based on gear level?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very enjoyable so far after only 2 missions, actual cut scenes and story are great. Also got hard light from the green engramn you get in the tower!

I think now if you bought destiny today with all dlc included as a base game you get an incredible deal, still feel a bit hard done over the vanilla version but I've had my fun by and large, looking forward to playing some more later on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Story was quite good i thought. A few missions in (
    Just boarded the Dreadnought and setup the landing pad
    ), and looking forward to getting some more time on it tonight. The Stormcaller class is so much fun. No idea how useful it'll be in PvP, but seems pretty great for PvE (or maybe it's just that it's a whole lot of fun :))

Replaced most of my gear with random greens/blues already, and got from lvl32-38 pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah it's pretty damn good so far. Two exotics and a bunch of legendaries in the first evening's play has me very happy! It feels like there's so much to do and new stuff to understand.

I thought the NPCs getting more involved in the story was cool, Cayde in particular (Nathan Fillion is excellent). And I'm actually starting to warm to Nolan bot, probably because it's new lines never spoken by Dinklage.

Are there many steps in the main story line? Spoiler the answer please for those that don't want to know. :) I'm at no.
    , not sure how far along I am.

Started ranking a faction for the first time too, gotta get me some of that Dead Orbit armour. :)

Kiith wrote: »
    Story was quite good i thought. A few missions in (
    Just boarded the Dreadnought and setup the landing pad
    ), and looking forward to getting some more time on it tonight. The Stormcaller class is so much fun. No idea how useful it'll be in PvP, but seems pretty great for PvE (or maybe it's just that it's a whole lot of fun :))

Replaced most of my gear with random greens/blues already, and got from lvl32-38 pretty quickly.

Its close to gamebreaking in PvP tbh, no idea how it got past testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, story has been quite enjoyable so. Only got as far the 2nd mission on Dreadnought, which I'm looking forward to patrolling. All I can say is Nathan Fillion as Cayde-6 is brilliant.

Oh, and Titan's Flaming Thor Hammer of Sol is ....
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Started ranking a faction for the first time too, gotta get me some of that Dead Orbit armour. :)

FYI

DO - Discipline and Strength
    FWC - Intellect and Discipline
    NM - Intellect and Strength

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just a heads up, the consumable that automatically gets you to 25 doesn't give you the XP, so your existing subclasses remain unlevelled even though your character will be 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

For the boards.ie clan, I'm not seeing the option of setting it as the Xbox One clan on the page - I definitely joined the group, but there is no option to set it as xbone? :confused:

dudeeile wrote: »
    FYI

DO - Discipline and Strength
    FWC - Intellect and Discipline
    NM - Intellect and Strength

Crap. I chose DO as they seemed to have more Int than the others? Must check again later. Sure not to worry I can always change next week and not like I'm going to have many legendary marks by then anyway - not even sure when/where I start collecting them (other than that Rift option).

Whats the story with the Suros weapon pack from pre-orders?

Whats the story with the Suros weapon pack from pre-orders?

Apparently they're just those greens you can buy from the Vanguard quartermaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The story is a pretty big improvement overall, the cutscenes with Cayde-6 and the shipwright showed another side of both characters. Its a pity they cant go backwards over the year 1 stuff and introduce some more of that. Nolan North sounds more at home in the year 2 stuff as well, and I'm liking the interation back and forth between ghost and the vanguards.

They've injected a big of humor too which was nice to see, i laughed out loud when
    zavala is on the comms, then he asks Eris what she thinks- she replies "its like fingers - in my mind" all dramatic like, then zavala goes, "uh, yes eris, thanks for that" like shes a kind of odd goth that no one knows what to make of.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Apparently they're just those greens you can buy from the Vanguard quartermaster.

Seriously? Rather pointless making them greens.

• Advertisement

Seriously? Rather pointless making them greens.

Aye. I was looking for them too expecting a legendary package or something, all I could see were the greens. Spotted Cormac mention that was them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement