Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know what the deal is ith weekly crucible quest thingy? Spent a good while plowing through it last night only to get a green weapon now it's back to the start of a new quest? How much quests do you need to do before the nightfall level rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye. I was looking for them too expecting a legendary package or something, all I could see were the greens. Spotted Cormac mention that was them.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is ith weekly crucible quest thingy? Spent a good while plowing through it last night only to get a green weapon now it's back to the start of a new quest? How much quests do you need to do before the nightfall level rewards?

I avoided all boards and PSN chat yesterday till I got a chance to play through it myself. So, completely ignorant on alot of things currently.

Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Interesting
    http://www.talklikeapirate.com

Maybe this? I think we definitely need stevedpirate in here to give his opinion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Arrrrrr.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Whats the story with the Suros weapon pack from pre-orders?

That pack is solely aimed at new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    FYI

DO - Discipline and Strength
    FWC - Intellect and Discipline
    NM - Intellect and Strength

Already have a DO helmet, chest piece and a new ship. Also have an auto rifle and scout rifle. Armour has good intellect stats.

Aiming for FWC with my Titan, got the Vanity handcannon yesterday. Can that be rerolled?.

NM with hunter have the Amalthea shader but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

so even though i don't have any of the dlc, i was able to participate in two new (to me) strikes yesterday. omegle and some vexy one. Temporary?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

RuggieBear wrote: »
    so even though i don't have any of the dlc, i was able to participate in two new (to me) strikes yesterday. omegle and some vexy one. Temporary?

no, they were PS4 exclusive for one year, so now the xbox essentially has access to a vanilla ps4 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Early days yet but Jaysus Chroist Bungie have really delivered with The Taken King!! Its feckin awesome so it is Ted.

In my totally unbiased opinion of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Arms day packages for sale. I bought the Suro's Scout rifle package, and should get it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My copy of TTK has arrived in the Dublin depot for Parcel Motel. I wonder if they will have it delivered at a reasonable hour tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

still haven't found where to buy the limited edition stuff. oh well :)

My copy of TTK has arrived in the Dublin depot for Parcel Motel. I wonder if they will have it delivered at a reasonable hour tonight.

The anticipation must be killing you.

What ever about waiting for it to arrive in Dublin, knowing that it's there? Checking your phone for that Parcel Motel message.

50387165.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So is the price for TTK the same regardless of whether you already own the base game or not? Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hoping the same, her ladyship's has arrived at the depot also - I've only ever used them once for a phone, should it be out today/tonight at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

wes wrote: »
    Arms day packages for sale. I bought the Suro's Scout rifle package, and should get it next week.

Do these cost materials or glimmer or both. What level of weapons are there for sale. Also what advantage is it in field testing weapons?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do these cost materials or glimmer or both. What level of weapons are there for sale. Also what advantage is it in field testing weapons?

The weapon packages cost glimmer 2500, and for each rank you have at the gun smith, you can buy a weapon e.g. rank 1, can buy 1 weapon. rank 2, can buy 2 weapons and so on.

Field testing weapons let your rank up, and apparently at rank 2 you can get a quest for a class specific weapon according to people on reddit. Not there yet.

BTW, when you buy your weapon package, you will get it delivered the next week. Also, you can't put the weapon package in the vault so make sure you have room for the package on your character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What's been the most effective method of gaining Legendary Marks so far? Stopped playing after the
    Regicide mission yesterday (thanks there Cormac)
    , having hit lvl 40 but still quite low on light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The weapon packages cost glimmer 2500, and for each rank you have at the gun smith, you can buy a weapon e.g. rank 1, can buy 1 weapon. rank 2, can buy 2 weapons and so on.

Field testing weapons let your rank up, and apparently at rank 2 you can get a quest for a class specific weapon according to people on reddit. Not there yet.

BTW, when you buy your weapon package, you will get it delivered the next week. Also, you can't put the weapon package in the vault so make sure you have room for the package on your character.

Do you get to keep the field test weapons once you complete them, or do they only last for a week ?

syboit wrote: »
    Do you get to keep the field test weapons once you complete them, or do they only last for a week ?

You can keep them, but they will take up room on your character, as I don't think you can vault them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I got a quest where I have to get sniper kills with a telemetry active.

Couple of hours away from getting my hands on TTK and my plan is laid out below, I'll be doing this on all 3 characters.
    1. Head to tower, drop a focused light and complete 'edging of factions', hopefully get a weapon for each slot as I will have 6 packages.
    2. Do first mission and subclass mission.
    3. Back to tower, equip new gear & weapons and drop another focused light and start cashing in those bounties and public events.
    Roughly 3 hours of play time so might just manage the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Snap, can't wait to get the (space) magic text confirming the number. Wooohoooo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Couple of hours away from getting my hands on TTK and my plan is laid out below, I'll be doing this on all 3 characters.
    1. Head to tower, drop a focused light and complete 'edging of factions', hopefully get a weapon for each slot as I will have 6 packages.
    2. Do first mission and subclass mission.
    3. Back to tower, equip new gear & weapons and drop another focused light and start cashing in those bounties and public events.
    Roughly 3 hours of play time so might just manage the above.

Jaysus Dude. I read that as "Head to shower, drop a focused light and complete 'edging of factions'"... thinking waaaayyy too much information before even starting a game....

It was a late night and my eyes hurt.

The anticipation must be killing you.

What ever about waiting for it to arrive in Dublin, knowing that it's there? Checking your phone for that Parcel Motel message.

50387165.jpg

Bit like that "edging" people were speaking of a few pages back. I'm fit to burst.....

Edging

edging4.jpg

Dirty feckers!

PlainP wrote: »
    Bit like that "edging" people were speaking of a few pages back. I'm fit to burst.....

Ah, edging, Destiny's digital version of foreplay rimming. :eek:

I completely ignored factions in year 1. Only got NM to lvl 4 on Titan. Will be pledging to FWC as they roll Int and Dis. Will be a long while before I hit lvl 25 fore the faction specific quest. I would trade in motes or something, but they just don't give enough rep, I don't think.

• Advertisement

Edging

edging4.jpg

Dirty feckers!

You'd expect a bit more of a mess for the after shot me thinks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement